You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ongoing - Changes to the Tourney schedule........

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
Oh yeees!!!

Like it!!!

Comments

• edited November 2010
    A few more changes have been made to the Tourney Schedule, & have now gone live.

Rather than waffle about, I can't really improve upon the note Sky Adam sent me this morning, so here is the gist of what he said.....

".....Following on from the 8pm changes a few weeks ago, I’ve put live the 2nd phase of tournament schedule changes today, which are up in the lobby now. 

More to follow in the near future, but I want to release them bit by bit and analyse them carefully to see how they impct & interact with the existing Tourney schedule...."

Start Time Buy InGuaranteeTournamentChipsBlindsNotes
    16:00£5.50£250No Limit Hold'Em200010 mins 
    17:00£5.50£250No Limit Hold'Em200010 mins 
    18:00£5.50£250No Limit Hold'Em200010 mins 
    19:00£5.50£250No Limit Hold'Em200010 mins 
    20:30£11.00£1,000Bounty Hunter200010 mins 
    20:50£5.50£500Rebuy200010 minsMoved from 9pm
    21:00£11.00£1,000No Limit Hold'Em200010 mins£1500 Thu - Sun
    21:30£11.00£1,500Bounty Hunter200010 mins£2000 Thu - Sun
    22:00£11.00£2,000TSP Classic 200010 mins£1500 NLHE Sat & Sun
    22:30£11.00£750Bounty Hunter200010 mins£1000 Thu - Sun
  • edited November 2010

You may not be able to see all of that Post on some browsers, (it may have cut off part of the Spreadsheet) so the following should be noted......

The 20.50 Rebuy has been moved from 21.00

The 9pm £1,000 Guaranteed will carry a £1,500 guarantee on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays.

The 9.30pm £1,500 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter will carry a £2,000 Guarantee on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays.

The 10pm TSP Classic will run as a STANDARD NLHE on Saturdays & Sundays ONLY, with a £1,500 Guarantee. It will remain "as is" (£2,000 Guarantee) Monday to Friday incl. 

The 11pm £750 Bounty Hunter will carry a £1,000 Guarantee on Thursday to Sunday incl.
  • edited November 2010
    Usually only play 2/3 MTTs each night cos the rest were not worth entering imo !!

Now there is alot more tournies to enter on a regular time scale....Well done Sky !

Should have some fun tonight - Yipppeeee :)
  • edited November 2010

I missed the 4pm and 5pm ones in my lobby scan - I've re-looked, and now see the 5pm one, but the 4pm one doesn't seem to be there?

Great work, having a proper/(decent) standard NLHE tourny hourly from 3pm onwards is a brilliant addition.

I don't wanna spoil a "thank you/complimentary" post with a negative, but I really hope these guarantees are monitored individually, and increased or decreased according to the numbers in each individual tourny, rather than as a collective. And also this is done on a regular basis. 

There's now opportunity to log in at 3pm, and by 6pm, be 4 tabling NLHE tournys on sky, each offering £100ish to the winner. - brilliant stuff. 
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Ongoing - Changes to the Tourney schedule........:
    Usually only play 2/3 MTTs each night cos the rest were not worth entering imo !! Now there is alot more tournies to enter on a regular time scale....Well done Sky ! Should have some fun tonight - Yipppeeee :)
    Posted by goodylad21
    You've not seen the half of them, yet.....

It IS very important to phase them in gradually, for the reasons explained by Adam.

I've seen the whole "new" schedule (which will, of course, change), & I can't wait for them to be introduced, & I'll not be playing much Live Poker for a while, as there are some incredible Tourneys in the pipeline. 

But it's important to be patient here, so that it all knits nicely together. It really is an incredibly complex equation, to be honest. 
  • edited November 2010
    I missed the 4pm and 5pm ones in my lobby scan - I've re-looked, and now see the 5pm one, but the 4pm one doesn't seem to be there? Great work, having a proper/(decent) standard NLHE tourny hourly from 3pm onwards is a brilliant addition. I don't wanna spoil a "thank you/complimentary" post with a negative, but I really hope these guarantees are monitored individually, and increased or decreased according to the numbers in each individual tourny, rather than as a collective. And also this is done on a regular basis.  There's now opportunity to log in at 3pm, and by 6pm, be 4 tabling NLHE tournys on sky, each offering £100ish to the winner. - brilliant stuff. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    It may have been missed today, there's a lot going off Upstairs today, JJ, please assume it will appear later, or tomorrow. I'll check with Adam & confirm.

The Guarantees will be reviewed individually, as they always are. The Management of Guarantee Levels is very, very important, & is dynamic, you'd not believe how much subsidy they can run up if not properly managed. People complain when the Guarantee is comfortably exceeded, but love it when there is overlay. Lose-lose for the 'Room!

Time, perhaps, to mention Adam's recent changes to the Main Events, where he increased the Guarantees pretty much every night. A glance at the nightly numbers suggests he got it absolutely spot-on. Some skill, that.

• edited November 2010
    Yay nice one sky love it!
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks for keeping us up to date with the changes Tikay, lots of very good tourneys, now i'm gonna be moaning cause I can't decide which ones to play in lol
  • edited November 2010

Dohhhhhhh,

I spoke to Adam, & he confirms that the new 4pm Tourney is now there.

It was, in fact, there all the time, but was sort of hidden behind something. So he used his tweaky thing to tweak it.

Enyoy it, & win the lot.

• edited November 2010

Yeh, an overlay is the last thing that I'm looking for, I just want bigger/better tournys, like you, sky Adam etc etc want.....and pushing the guarentee as high as possible without costing the site money, is the best way to achieve this.

I don't think it should ever be an issue.

I was actually quite surprised that you guys let the TSP classic run with an over-lay for so long, and I see it is still at 2k gtd - Nobody can have valid complaints if this is reduced, as it's just not hitting 2k often enough. Completely fine to reduce it, although obviously nobody is going to ask for a reduction.....

On a seperate note, I won another TSP classic entry on Thursday night's show, and was asked to contact Ling when I wanted it. Im wanting to have another crack tonight (I will even if It means buyin in) - but I've PM'd Ling, but she's probably not there as there's no live show tonight. Have u got any contacts? Is it customer care I shud go thru? - Cheerz, JJ

Edit - wooooops Im in now :)

• edited November 2010
    Yeh, an overlay is the last thing that I'm looking for, I just want bigger/better tournys, like you, sky Adam etc etc want.....and pushing the guarentee as high as possible without costing the site money, is the best way to achieve this. I don't think it should ever be an issue. I was actually quite surprised that you guys let the TSP classic run with an over-lay for so long, and I see it is still at 2k gtd - Nobody can have valid complaints if this is reduced, as it's just not hitting 2k often enough. Completely fine to reduce it, although obviously nobody is going to ask for a reduction..... On a seperate note, I won another TSP classic entry on Thursday night's show, and was asked to contact Ling when I wanted it. Im wanting to have another crack tonight (I will even if It means buyin in) - but I've PM'd Ling, but she's probably not there as there's no live show tonight. Have u got any contacts? Is it customer care I shud go thru? - Cheerz, JJ
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi Dohhh,

This would normally be 1 for customer care, but now that i've seen your query it'd be daft not to fix it. :-)

I've just put you in tonight's TSP classic as per your prize, good luck to you and everyone else in tonight's tournaments.

Best Wishes

Adam 
  • edited November 2010
    Thank you very much Sky.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeh, an overlay is the last thing that I'm looking for, I just want bigger/better tournys, like you, sky Adam etc etc want.....and pushing the guarentee as high as possible without costing the site money, is the best way to achieve this. I don't think it should ever be an issue. I was actually quite surprised that you guys let the TSP classic run with an over-lay for so long, and I see it is still at 2k gtd - Nobody can have valid complaints if this is reduced, as it's just not hitting 2k often enough. Completely fine to reduce it, although obviously nobody is going to ask for a reduction..... On a seperate note, I won another TSP classic entry on Thursday night's show, and was asked to contact Ling when I wanted it. Im wanting to have another crack tonight (I will even if It means buyin in) - but I've PM'd Ling, but she's probably not there as there's no live show tonight. Have u got any contacts? Is it customer care I shud go thru? - Cheerz, JJ Edit - wooooops Im in now :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Adam thought about this long & hard, & eventually decided to try a little longer to see if it would start to regularly meet it's Guarantee, as it's is deemed to be quite a "Flagship Tourney", especially with the Download expected to bring in many new players at the higher end.

In fact, this was one of the reasons I (backed by MereSpreadSheet) decided to start the TSP Classic League, as that may just be enough to tip the balance.

I want this Site to have a better & wider range of Tourneys, & I want that with a passion, so the TSP Classic League, & the Tourney behind it, are very important, imo. If it is well-received, there is no bad blood, & Mr M Minnie does not make his usual appearance, I'm sure we can organise further Leagues in the near future. Leagues are legendary fun.
  • edited November 2010
    I missed the 4pm and 5pm ones in my lobby scan - I've re-looked, and now see the 5pm one, but the 4pm one doesn't seem to be there? Great work, having a proper/(decent) standard NLHE tourny hourly from 3pm onwards is a brilliant addition. I don't wanna spoil a "thank you/complimentary" post with a negative, but I really hope these guarantees are monitored individually, and increased or decreased according to the numbers in each individual tourny, rather than as a collective. And also this is done on a regular basis.  There's now opportunity to log in at 3pm, and by 6pm, be 4 tabling NLHE tournys on sky, each offering £100ish to the winner. - brilliant stuff. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    this used to be the case when the site was in its early stages.

i first played sky poker when it launched and continued for about the nxt 2 year. i stop playing for reasons i will go into on another post possibly, or maybe later on in this one, but lets just say the tourney schedule changed not to my liking and thru choice i started playing elsewhere.

i will now list some of the tourneys i used to play during this time,

15:00 £300 gtd £4.40bi
         15:50 £200 gtd £5.50bi
         16:10 £200 gtd £5.50bi
         17:00 £150 gtd £5.50bi
         18:00 £200 gtd £5.50bi

i played these most fridays, saturday n sundays coz they were the days i was off work and i played thru the week when i was on holidays.

the nxt list i played most nights as i was home from work

18:50 £250gtd £5.50bi
         19:30 £250gtd £3.30bi
         20:00 £300gtd £11bi
         21:30 £400gtd £3.30bi
         22:15 £400gtd £4.40bi
         22.35 £500gtd £11bi

these tourney ran regulary way over gtd maybe apart from daytime ones ( gtd was pretty much spot on).

2 year ago when i stop playing sky so much coincided whith many of these tourneys being replaced with bounty hunters and my preference is not in favour of them. hence i stopped playing on sky. i understand times change and bounty hunters play their part but they just werent my cup of tea, my opinion was that they saturated the tourney schedule with them replacing some really good gtd freezeouts that reg got their numbers and above. Now im all for choice and variety but to me its about balance and at the time there was none for me. at peak times i coudnt find a freezeout within the buyin range i was playing and i became disgruntled and stopped playing on the site.

Over the last 2 years i played the odd game and have followed a lot on the forum since it was launched, altho i dont post much ( reckon i could have alife ban already if i hadnt pressed the delete button, lol).

The main point im trying to make about this new schedule is that most of it isnt "new" but a return, in a way, to something that they had before, ( excluding main events), Now before anyone lynches me for this i think its a great step to re introduce standard freezeouts with a decent gtd at various times of the day that will,i have very little doubt, break gtd almost everyday. these can run along side rebuys and bounty hunters and not in place of them.

The "new" schedule looks way more appealing to me now and if theres more to come then great. i can see myself playing lots more here again in the near future

• edited November 2010
    BOOOM!!! thank you v.much sky!!!!

this is great news!
  • edited November 2010
    Can we get more rebuy MTTs please? (£2+ £5+ £11+ etc.) These are hugely popular on the major poker sites and would definitely sway me towards playing more on Sky! Thanks 
  • edited November 2010
    Can we get more rebuy MTTs please? (£2+ £5+ £11+ etc.) These are hugely popular on the major poker sites and would definitely sway me towards playing more on Sky! Thanks 
    Posted by Smiler22

Maxally look away...your eyes will hurt
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Ongoing - Changes to the Tourney schedule........ : Maxally look away...your eyes will hurt
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Actually I think he might have had a change of heart after Fridays ToT game