You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Micro help please

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
darrentino Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.80
Patching99 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.76
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

J1MBOE Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.10
mysterypip Call  £0.04 £0.14 £3.87
jb525 Fold     
4 Call  £0.04 £0.18 £10.89
darrentino Call  £0.02 £0.20 £3.78
Patching99 Raise  £0.28 £0.48 £3.48
J1MBOE Fold     
mysterypip Fold     
4 Call  £0.28 £0.76 £10.61
darrentino Fold     
Flop

Patching99 Bet  £0.60 £1.36 £2.88
4 Call  £0.60 £1.96 £10.01
Turn

Patching99 ???    
Quick question on the above situation, I have KK and managed to raise enough to get one caller.  Flop has two diamonds so I bet out.  I 3/4 c-bet flops a good percentage of the time when i'm the original raiser, hit or not.  The turn brings another diamond and this is where I am a bit stuck. 

If I fire again, I am pot committed?  Do I slow down but that could bring another diamond.  Do I shove and lose everyhand i'm beating apart from a made flush.  Am I thinking about this too much??? 

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Well patching first i have got to say i really like your raise preflop, no messing about there well done.It has got you heads up which is where you want to be when you have Kings.

After the turn my advice is going to come straight from that wise old owl Tikay (it depends) this is the beauty of playing cash, what is your caller's range, hopefully you have enough info on him to make a good read on his cards and then make your decision.

I am sure some of the more knowledgeable players on here can give you a better answer but that is the best i can do.

Let us know what your decision was.
  • edited November 2010
     at this level his range is any two cards...get it in no point 2nd guessing yourself here
  • edited November 2010
    i actually think this is pretty nasty tbh and would lean towards checking and value betting a blank river if he checks behind. i think its a fold if he bets big on the turn after we check
  • edited November 2010

I was hoping to get a few more replies than this as surely this is a situation that happens quite often.

From the hands I had seen them play I wouldn't say their range was any two, they definately was not a NL4 maniac.  I think at the time I was thinking the limp call indicated any pocket pair, raggy ace or suited connectors.

I ended up checking, they raised, I was unsure so shoved. 

LOL_Raise do you think this the worse move out of my possible options?

Patching99 Check     
    4 Bet  £1.32 £3.28 £8.69
    Patching99 All-in  £2.88 £6.16 £0.00
    4 Call  £1.56 £7.72 £7.13
    Patching99 Show
    • K
    • K

4 Show
    • A

River

Patching99 Win Pair of Kings £7.14  £7.14
  • edited November 2010
    i think your going to see alot of better hand, especially as people love to slowplay on really wet boards.

• ybyb
    edited December 2010
    I'd probably even open bigger from the bb with the number of limpers. As played I'm never folding KK at this level on the turn with your stack size, either b/c or just shove yourself imo