You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Double Your Money League Points Changed!

Hi everyone,

After numerous calls regarding the league points structure on Double Your Money tournaments, we have now made changes to benefit you!

As of today, we now offer league points to the TOP 3 players as opposed to the top 2 as it previously stood. So, finishing 3rd in a DYM of less than £1.10 can still earn you 3 league points! There is plenty to play for!!

The table below shows the old structure compared to the NEW structure in the right-hand column:

DYM Entry Fee

Old League Points

New League Points

Less than £1.10

1st 4 points - 2nd 3 points

1st, 2nd & 3rd = 3 points each

Between £1.10 - £5.50

1st 8 points - 2nd 6 points

1st, 2nd & 3rd = 7 points each

Greater than £5.50

1st 12 points - 2nd 9 points

1st, 2nd & 3rd = 10 points each

Hope that makes sense to you all and will give you the incentive to play more DYM tournaments on Sky Poker and earn more points!

Enjoy!

Comments

• edited November 2010
    You shouldnt offer any points for them,its not poker in any shape or form
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Double Your Money League Points Changed!:
    You shouldnt offer any points for them,its not poker in any shape or form
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Would you like to expand on that?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Double Your Money League Points Changed! : Would you like to expand on that?
    Posted by MereNovice
    Just my own personal opinion which i think i am permitted to voice if i so wish to
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Double Your Money League Points Changed! : Just my own personal opinion which i think i am permitted to voice if i so wish to
    Posted by debdobs_67
    You seem to take umbrage very easily.
    I merely asked you to expand on your post.
    It makes very little sense on its own.
    Lots of people play DYMs on this site and many other sites, I'm sure they would be intrigued by your thoughts.

• edited December 2010
    Hi it makes perfect sense, for the same number of points for 123.

Can sky not automatically end the game once there are only 3 left? Like pokerstars and other sites? 

This would mean players can get into the next game earlier, thank you

Adrian
  • edited December 2010
    Hi it makes perfect sense, for the same number of points for 123. Can sky not automatically end the game once there are only 3 left? Like pokerstars and other sites?  This would mean players can get into the next game earlier, thank you Adrian
    Posted by skicowboys
    Would like to echo this point, hard for me to play 2 tables at the same time due to a horrible laptop and when your down to 3 takes a while sometimes to finish.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Double Your Money League Points Changed! : Just my own personal opinion which i think i am permitted to voice if i so wish to
    Posted by debdobs_67
     it is indeed poker in another shape and form. It requires understanding, tactics and like all poker a degree of luck. Just my opinion
  • edited January 2011
    Iin Response to Double Your Money League Points Changed!: i agree if all get same points then game effectively over and should close so can get on with the next game as i for one dont have supper fast broad band
    Hi everyone, After numerous calls regarding the league points structure on Double Your Money tournaments, we have now made changes to benefit you! As of today, we now offer league points to the TOP 3 players as opposed to the top 2 as it previously stood. So, finishing 3rd in a DYM of less than £1.10 can still earn you 3 league points! There is plenty to play for!! The table below shows the old structure compared to the NEW structure in the right-hand column: DYM Entry Fee Old League Points New League Points Less than £1.10 1st 4 points - 2nd 3 points 1st, 2nd & 3rd = 3 points each Between £1.10 - £5.50 1st 8 points - 2nd 6 points 1st, 2nd & 3rd = 7 points each Greater than £5.50 1st 12 points - 2nd 9 points 1st, 2nd & 3rd = 10 points each Hope that makes sense to you all and will give you the incentive to play more DYM tournaments on Sky Poker and earn more points! Enjoy!
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
  • edited January 2011

I am pleased you have made the points the same for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, but would prefer the game to end as soon as only 3 are left.

Also, I think you should have different points for 33 and above.  Don't see why somebody at £5.50 should get the same points as somebody at £110.

Big ask - Can you get rid of the league points for Russian Roulettes, surely points are awarded for an element of skill rather than 100% luck.

Many thanks
    SuperSnedd