You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Last Night At Luton

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
Was anyone there last night?? how did you do??

And how did the skypoker team do?? any news????

Comments

• edited November 2010

Morning Plopper.

You'll need to excuse me from replying, as the Final Table never started until well after 3am, so I'm pretty tired this morning.

Perhaps it would be better to see what Mr Orford says.
    Deffo worth waiting for, trust me.

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Last Night At Luton:
    Morning Plopper. You'll need to excuse me from replying, as the Final Table never started until well after 3am, so I'm pretty tired this morning. Perhaps it would be better to see what Mr Orford says. Deffo worth waiting for, trust me.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Good morning Sir Tony,

Im unfortunately working in hotel this morning :( getting a lil bit cash action though,......you should go for a power nap before returning to own the felt tonight :)

oh???? was richard on the FT??? did he take it down like he promised yesterday????
  • edited November 2010
    I imagine Tikay was on final table :-)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Last Night At Luton : Good morning Sir Tony, Im unfortunately working in hotel this morning :( getting a lil bit cash action though,......you should go for a power nap before returning to own the felt tonight :) oh???? was richard on the FT??? did he take it down like he promised yesterday????
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Yes, I'll need some kip before tonight's PTP shift, for sure.

Did Richard TID, or even Final?

I don't want to steal his thunder, so cannot comment. However, if I told you he was FIRST OUT, & failed to last until the end of Level One, you'd not believe me anyway......

He did, however break 2 Luton records.

Despite an 87 point "Bingo" at Scrabble (triple word score, too) he got mullered by young Claire 3-0, & then he joined the Cash Game, for which the Waiting List was estimated to be in excess of 200. 
  • edited November 2010
    sigh yet more money taken out of the poker economy.  those pound notes will only see light of day again in a few years time at various train museum gift shops.
  • edited November 2010
    Of course i wouldnt believe a player of Rich's quality could be first out, or indeed a player of ANY quality be out in level 1!!!!!

"bingo" does seem quite appropriate.

mental note t self - never to challenge Claire at anything semi-intelligent
  • edited November 2010
    Of course i wouldnt believe a player of Rich's quality could be first out, or indeed a player of ANY quality be out in level 1!!!!! "bingo" does seem quite appropriate. mental note t self - never to challenge Claire at anything semi-intelligent
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    It was not THAT Claire (Mother), it was "Claw75" Claire, who learned to read & write last week.

Amazingly - nothing is quite as admirable as unbridled hope & enthusiasm - we had a £20 Last Longer in the Tourney, for which 15 players chipped in £20 each.

Not wishing to give Rich the rub, there were cries to chop-up the L-L the moment Rich exited.

Rumours that he exited before 7 of the field even took their seats are harsh, however. Harsh, but true. 
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Last Night At Luton : It was not THAT Claire (Mother), it was "Claw75" Claire, who learned to read & write last week. Amazingly - nothing is quite as admirable as unbridled hope & enthusiasm - we had a £20 Last Longer in the Tourney, for which 15 players chipped in £20 each. Not wishing to give Rich the rub, there were cries to chop-up the L-L the moment Rich exited. Rumours that he exited before 7 of the field even took their seats are harsh, however. Harsh, but true. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Last Night At Luton : It was not THAT Claire (Mother), it was "Claw75" Claire, who learned to read & write last week. Amazingly - nothing is quite as admirable as unbridled hope & enthusiasm - we had a £20 Last Longer in the Tourney, for which 15 players chipped in £20 each. Not wishing to give Rich the rub, there were cries to chop-up the L-L the moment Rich exited. Rumours that he exited before 7 of the field even took their seats are harsh, however. Harsh, but true. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    oh dear............how much did he ship at the cash tables???

You do realise that to fund there 15-minute excursions he will need to do more live shows, which means many many more hours/days of working with you :):):):):):):):):):):):)

right, im off to do some work.......helping out in hotel and done nothing since 7am
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Last Night At Luton : oh dear............how much did he ship at the cash tables??? You do realise that to fund there 15-minute excursions he will need to do more live shows, which means many many more hours/days of working with you :):):):):):):):):):):):) right, im off to do some work.......helping out in hotel and done nothing since 7am
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Who said he lasted that long?

People were still queueing up to buy-in, or find their seats, when the cry went up "one seat here".

My Table had not even been dealt our first hand.

The Tourney started at 8.30pm, he was 2-0 down in the Scrabble Comp by 8.45, & several hundred adrift in the Cash Game by 9pm.

To be fair, the Tourney is pretty soft.

One geezer, affectionaly known as WPISOS (Worst Player In Southend On Sea) ran his 8.5k starting stack up to 32k in Level 1, but failed to make the Break which followed Level 2. Go figure.
  • edited November 2010

Hi Tikay
    good to see you doing well at the tables SIGH!!!

can you sort out my TSP seat for tonight that I WON last week.

Thank you

As for rich you must remember he is a presenter who tries to plays poker! He is not a good poker player like your self who tries at best to present poorly.

Regards

Dai
  • edited November 2010
    Lol!

I must pull up my learned (i.e. aged) friend on several counts.

1- I scored an 88 point word at Scrabble, not 87

2- I did not lose 3-0 at Scrabble. I began a game against Scrabble champion, Claw, shortly after both our exits in the 8.30pm main event. So, at 8.41pm we began a game in which I proceeded to quickly run up a 100+ pt lead before being called away to the cash table, so had to abandon the game. Clearly, it was a victory though.

3- I was SECOND out, not first.

4- SIX players hadn't sat down yet, not SEVEN.

5- I won back my buy-in and last-longer bet on the cash table within an hour.

6- I'd lost it again after another 20 minutes.

7- I burned £176 in total playing poker last night.

8- I might be unavailable for further comment on this matter for a little while.
  • edited November 2010

Booty.

Remind me how, or with whom, you won that TSP Classic seat, please? (Presumably it was not for playing poker).

Seats are won by various means - Ch 865, Leeds based Promotions, PTP nights, prizes I give, etc

I usually "Diary" the Entries that I award, (we cannot enter players in advance for "regular" Tourneys), but I have nothing in my Diary.

Just remind me, please, & I'll ensure it's sorted for tonight as appropriate.
  • edited November 2010
    Lol! I must pull up my learned (i.e. aged) friend on several counts. 1- I scored an 88 point word at Scrabble, not 87 2- I did not lose 3-0 at Scrabble. I began a game against Scrabble champion, Claw, shortly after both our exits in the 8.30pm main event. So, at 8.41pm we began a game in which I proceeded to quickly run up a 100+ pt lead before being called away to the cash table, so had to abandon the game. Clearly, it was a victory though. 3- I was SECOND out, not first. 4- SIX players hadn't sat down yet, not EIGHT. 5- I won back my buy-in and last-longer bet on the cash table within an hour. 6- I'd lost it again after another 20 minutes. 7- I burned £176 in total playing poker last night. 8- I might be unavailable for further comment on this matter for a little while.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Lol. I love Rich Orford - proper bloke. Hopeless, hapless & helpless at poker, but proper bloke.

Next Monday, Luton, Rich?
  • edited November 2010
    Lol. I love Rich Orford - proper bloke. Hopeless, hapless & helpless at poker, but proper bloke.

The kind of bloke who brings joy to a cash table, with his witty humour and awful poker sense
  • edited November 2010

Re: PTP Tonight, with FREE ENTRY to a TSP Classic.

posted at 23/11/2010 1:53 AM GMT on SkyPoker.com
    First: 28/6/2009
    Last: 30/11/2010
    The final updated table following PUCPOUND's 2nd place in the TSP Classic. Congratulations.
    NameMETottyTSP Total
    DAIBOOT112322 33
    Tikay10309515 45
    waller021185730 87
    PUCPOUND2921002 102
    Red_King8890  178
    sara36dd0843873105 178
    Wacko9027511668 184
    goodylad21125 74 199
    Ratboy7118811584 199
    penguin741699163 262
    hurst05149 129 278
    mike1975142 156 298
    SolarCarro196117  313
    TheDart27461  335
    I can under stand at you age if you can't remeber every thing or don't want to. lol
    This might jog the old brain cells

Dai
  • edited November 2010
    Lol! I must pull up my learned (i.e. aged) friend on several counts. 1- I scored an 88 point word at Scrabble, not 87 2- I did not lose 3-0 at Scrabble. I began a game against Scrabble champion, Claw, shortly after both our exits in the 8.30pm main event. So, at 8.41pm we began a game in which I proceeded to quickly run up a 100+ pt lead before being called away to the cash table, so had to abandon the game. Clearly, it was a victory though. 3- I was SECOND out, not first. 4- SIX players hadn't sat down yet, not EIGHT. 5- I won back my buy-in and last-longer bet on the cash table within an hour. 6- I'd lost it again after another 20 minutes. 7- I burned £176 in total playing poker last night but will win that back and more HU against tikay. 8- I might be unavailable for further comment on this matter for a little while.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Im sure you will Rich..........class is permanent , form is temporary. The ORF will be back (we all hope)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Last Night At Luton : Lol. I love Rich Orford - proper bloke. Hopeless, hapless & helpless at poker, but proper bloke. Next Monday, Luton, Rich?
    Posted by Tikay10

...like I said- I'm unavailable for further comment.

Probably though...think I got my weeks mixed up. It's next week that I final table.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Last Night At Luton : Im sure you will Rich..........class is permanent , form is temporary. The ORF will be back (we all hope)
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Cheers Plopper- your Team Leader is wounded, but not fatally, and will soon chalk up another big win. By gads, I'm due one...
  • edited November 2010
    Lol. I love Rich Orford - proper bloke. Hopeless, hapless & helpless at poker, but proper bloke. The kind of bloke who brings joy to a cash table, with his witty humour and awful poker sense
    Posted by ParaPokerS

Believe me Para, there's a lot to be said for having an awful sense of humour and a witty poker sense...
  • edited November 2010
    New song to challenge Wagner for originality

Sung to the tune of "One night in Bangkok" - Murray Head

One night in Luton and the poker's your passion
    The bars are temples and Rich's chips are free
    You'll find a good player makes it past the first level
    And if you're lucky then poker god's Tikay
    I can see Rich Orford raising with 2 3

One night in Luton makes Rich Orford humble
    Not much between despair and ecstasy
    One night in Luton and the cash games crumble
    Can't be too careful with your pocket threes
    I can feel the sharks 3 betting next to me

Sir Solar

• edited November 2010
    New song to challenge Wagner for originality Sung to the tune of "One night in Bangkok" - Murray Head One night in Luton and the poker's your passion The bars are temples and Rich's chips are free You'll find a good player makes it past the first level And if you're lucky then poker god's Tikay I can see Rich Orford raising with 2 3 One night in Luton makes Rich Orford humble Not much between despair and ecstasy One night in Luton and the cash games crumble Can't be too careful with your pocket threes I can feel the sharks 3 betting next to me Sir Solar
    Posted by SolarCarro
    LOL. Brilliant mate....just brilliant!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    New song to challenge Wagner for originality Sung to the tune of "One night in Bangkok" - Murray Head One night in Luton and the poker's your passion The bars are temples and Rich's chips are free You'll find a good player makes it past the first level And if you're lucky then poker god's Tikay I can see Rich Orford raising with 2 3 One night in Luton makes Rich Orford humble Not much between despair and ecstasy One night in Luton and the cash games crumble Can't be too careful with your pocket threes I can feel the sharks 3 betting next to me Sir Solar
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Nice Dave.

Ed Giddins has a real story of 'One Night in Bangkok' incidentally. I don't want to give away the ending, but let's just say if you've seen 'The Crying Game' then you've seen the end of Ed's night.
  • edited November 2010
    Re: PTP Tonight, with FREE ENTRY to a TSP Classic. posted at 23/11/2010 1:53 AM GMT on SkyPoker.com MereNovice Posts: 3886 First: 28/6/2009 Last: 30/11/2010 The final updated table following PUCPOUND's 2nd place in the TSP Classic. Congratulations. Name ME Totty TSP   Total DAIBOOT 11 23 22   33 Tikay10 30 95 15   45 waller02 118 57 30   87 PUCPOUND 292 100 2   102 Red_King 88 90     178 sara36dd08 438 73 105   178 Wacko90 275 116 68   184 goodylad21 125   74   199 Ratboy71 188 115 84   199 penguin7 416 99 163   262 hurst05 149   129   278 mike1975 142   156   298 SolarCarro 196 117     313 TheDart 274 61     335 I can under stand at you age if you can't remeber every thing or don't want to. lol This might jog the old brain cells Dai
    Posted by DAIBOOT
    Sigh. You so owned me there.

Guess I'll arrange the free TSP Classic Entry for tonight.
  • edited November 2010
    Morning Plopper. You'll need to excuse me from replying, as the Final Table never started until well after 3am, so I'm pretty tired this morning. Perhaps it would be better to see what Mr Orford says. Deffo worth waiting for, trust me.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You had to stay for the Final Table???
    Were you serving the tea?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Last Night At Luton : You had to stay for the Final Table??? Were you serving the tea?
    Posted by MereNovice
    Please!

No, my Groupies fetch my tea.

I was PLAYING on the Final Table. Obv.