You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Analyse my hand, NOT

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat

Just a thought, why are the same people consistently asking for their hands to be analysed ??. It seems the same people, are e-mailing, posting, ( some more than the Royal Mail ) ringing up the ' show ', it seems as though they will go to any length, just to get their name mentioned.

I'm not talking about people relatively new to the site, but those who have been here some considerable time. It seems as though they have to have, their ' 15 minutes of blame ' as often as possible.

I don't want my hand analysed, I know when I've done something stupid  ( which is most of the time ) or, been lucky enough to get something right ( which is less of the time ). It is strange that when these hands are being analysed, the comments range not from the sublime,but the ridiculous.

I'ts only when the hand is being played that you can analyse the situation with any intelligence, and then speculate about the outcome, any fool can say what they should have done or not, after the horse has bolted. 

Kind regards

Comments

• edited November 2010
    lol at this thread........ 
  • edited November 2010
    ps im laughing at you not with you
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Analyse my hand, NOT:
    Just a thought, why are the same people consistently asking for their hands to be analysed ??. It seems the same people, are e-mailing, posting, ( some more than the Royal Mail ) ringing up the ' show ', it seems as though they will go to any length, just to get their name mentioned. I'm not talking about people relatively new to the site, but those who have been here some considerable time. It seems as though they have to have, their ' 15 minutes of blame ' as often as possible. I don't want my hand analysed, I know when I've done something stupid  ( which is most of the time ) or, been lucky enough to get something right ( which is less of the time ). It is strange that when these hands are being analysed, the comments range not from the sublime,but the ridiculous.   I'ts only when the hand is being played that you can analyse the situation with any intelligence, and then speculate about the outcome, any fool can say what they should have done or not, after the horse has bolted.  Kind regards
    Posted by ALIVEHAT60
    lol hat, i can see why you would think that there are e certain "group" of people who have their hands analized often. This is probably true but most of these players are "very good" and want to get better.
    I have been playing poker for a number of years but have recently started asking questions, wanting my hand analized etc because i too want to be a better player and sometimes there are situations where hands could have been played differently which you NEED to know about. We can mostly recognise our mistakes but not always be able to put them right and by asking for them to be shown/analized  then commented on is the best way.
    As for "moments of blame (fame)" whats wrong with that? Unless your a regular on tv it feels good to see your hands on tv (one of the great reasons to come to sky).
    Oh, a small point,, others too shy/ inexperienced to post on the forum (as was myself til recently) might want to see how these hands played out and listen/read the comments to how they could have done better. I have learned a lot from this and relate my hands to theirs therefore trying to eliminate the mistakes (if that makes sense)
  • edited November 2010

I'm in the dock here.

ALOT of my hands that are shown, I don't request. In fact the opposite. The producers of the show ring me and request the hand number of a hand I've posted in the poker clinic. (for "the poker clinic" show)

About a year ago I used to request ALOT of hands, I wanted my name to be known on sky, and I wanted a reputation of being abit of a maniac/donk. 

It's earnt me thousands over the last year.

I'm a serious player, so anything that gives me an edge in my games, (especially for free), is worth utilising.

As for analysing hands after the hand is over being a waste of time? I'm sorry, I canny agree with this. 

• edited November 2010
    Guilty as charged also...........after all it is our forum, and our channel :):):)

Good to get opinion on hands and improve my game.

Without the hand requests, or the phone guests (isnt about time ploppers was on again) there would be no skypoker channel/community.

Big thumbs up to all that contribute

ps i am also a media-*****, and in final stages of my life so 15mins of fame is lovely :) also a chance to rib tikay, smooth-talk LML etc is not too be missed :):)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Analyse my hand, NOT:
    Guilty as charged also...........after all it is our forum, and our channel :):):) Good to get opinion on hands and improve my game. Without the hand requests, or the phone guests (isnt about time ploppers was on again) there would be no skypoker channel/community. Big thumbs up to all that contribute ps i am also a media-*****, and in final stages of my life so 15mins of fame is lovely :) also a chance to rib tikay, smooth-talk RICHORFORD etc is not too be missed :):)
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB

FYP
  • edited November 2010
    maybe some people are actually trying to improve their game

anyone who doesn't want free advice, esp when any of TSP are on the show, is just stupid
  • edited November 2010
    you mean like this dohhhhhhhh GliterBabe Small blind  £1.00 £1.00 £199.00 pod1 Big blind  £2.00 £3.00 £78.00   Your hole cards 10 K       GliterBabe Raise  £5.00 £8.00 £194.00 pod1 Call  £4.00 £12.00 £74.00 Flop    9 K J       pod1 Check     GliterBabe Bet  £9.00 £21.00 £185.00 pod1 Raise  £18.00 £39.00 £56.00 GliterBabe Call  £9.00 £48.00 £176.00 Turn    9       pod1 Check     GliterBabe Bet  £32.00 £80.00 £144.00 pod1 All-in  £56.00 £136.00 £0.00 GliterBabe Call  £24.00 £160.00 £120.00 GliterBabe Show 6 8    pod1 Show 10 K    River    8       GliterBabe Win Flush to the King £159.00  
  • edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010
    cant knock the player, is a true leg on here. just fancied a go at one of the bigger boys on the site. got spanked and back to 10/20p and lick my wounds!!