You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is there any justification in villain making this pre flop call?

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
right prior to this hand i'd showed down a few nicely timed and well thought out all in bluffs so had loose rep. after this hand i admit i kinda lost it which RARELY happens so i asked him why he could do that his reply ' u shouldnt be such a newbie then i wouldnt call ' could someone plz enlighten me im now officially confused ?? lolHand History #312875530 (13:47 30/11/2010)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesterlingccSmall blind £0.04£0.04£7.07x
Big blind £0.08£0.12£10.63 Your hole cards99   BigStax85Fold    x
Call £0.08£0.20£2.04JGIBBRFCRaise £0.32£0.52£13.85sterlingccFold    xCall £0.24£0.76£10.39xAll-in £2.04£2.80£0.00JGIBBRFCCall £1.80£4.60£12.05xCall £1.80£6.40£8.59Flop  236   xCheck    JGIBBRFCBet £4.80£11.20£7.25xAll-in £8.59£19.79£0.00JGIBBRFCCall £3.79£23.58£3.46xShow45   xShow55   JGIBBRFCShow99   Turn  7   River  6   xWinStraight to the 7£22.18 £22.18

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I can't see the whole hand!!!!
  • edited November 2010
     This is a perfect case of being a victim to your own well laid plans. You stated that you had shown bluffs which people remember and will automatically assume that you are always "at it". This means they will call you down a lot lighter and pay you off with your bigger hands. But the downside is that when you make moves with bigger hands and get called down light then sometimes you will be outdrawn and then they will cash in big time.

Moral of the story: Creating an image at the table is a double edged sword so be careful.

For my personal opinion it is always best to never show a hand to your opponents because although you may use it to create a false image free information is never a good thing to give away.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: is there any justification in villain making this pre flop call?:
     This is a perfect case of being a victim to your own well laid plans. You stated that you had shown bluffs which people remember and will automatically assume that you are always "at it". This means they will call you down a lot lighter and pay you off with your bigger hands. But the downside is that when you make moves with bigger hands and get called down light then sometimes you will be outdrawn and then they will cash in big time.   Moral of the story: Creating an image at the table is a double edged sword so be careful.   For my personal opinion it is always best to never show a hand to your opponents because although you may use it to create a false image free information is never a good thing to give away.
    Posted by Talon
    cheers for the reply talon yeah that was the plan i'll remember not to be so quick in showing hands from now on but with the other guy shoving all in im struggling to see what he was tryin to achieve. ah well jus wish ther was more like him a sick kinda way :)