You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sincere apology to Machka

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat

Hi Aaron,

Firstly,I am honestly sorry that you did not gain that last seat in last night's SPT Semi Final.

I withdrew at the last minute due to personal circumstances which I feel I do not need to explain to anyone on here.

I also watched the whole game and I was a little disappointed in some of the regulars comments directed at me which I feel were uncalled for, but not too much of a shock, when the full details were not known. That, for one reason, is why I am not going to elaborate on my reasoning behind my action.

I hope you do get to go to Newcastle and have a good week end whether you play or not in the Main Event. TEAM KNIGHTPLOP NEED YOU!!!!

I shall not be going now but hope EVERYONE has an enjoyable time there and look forward to reading all about it on here. 

Once again, sorry for creating a difficult situation for you last night and I wish you well on the tables.

Alan 

Comments

• edited November 2010
    what ever your reason is your problem and no one elses - all i can say is fair play in your response and i also hope machka makes it, gl on tables max and gl gregghogg and machka in your quest
  • edited November 2010
    hey maxxy do you ever answer your phone??
     gimme a call after 3 m8.
  • edited November 2010
    Hope all goes well for you mate.

You must have had good reason and people need to understand that.

Good luck to all in the main event
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Sincere apology to Machka:
    Nice one Sally, you don't have to explain anything to anybody, we know who you are, and love you anyway, you're a true ' Gent '

Kind regards
  • edited November 2010
    As above alan, if you de-register you dont need to explain yourself. nice post anyway hope all is well
  • edited November 2010
    Machka now has the seat!!

Hope u sort it out, hope to see u soon mate

Dave
  • edited November 2010
    My Sincere apologies for my comments Alan, said in the heat of the moment.

You are right, you don't need to explain anything. You are entitled to deregister from the tournament at any point. I was just a little perplexed that it was done about 3 mins before it was due to start. I am sure you can understand this too.

Hope all is well, and i am sorry that you cannot make Newcastle. I am sure to be at Luton, and hope you are there too. Best regards, Greg.

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Sincere apology to Machka:
    Hi Aaron, Firstly,I am honestly sorry that you did not gain that last seat in last night's SPT Semi Final. I withdrew at the last minute due to personal circumstances which I feel I do not need to explain to anyone on here. I also watched the whole game and I was a little disappointed in some of the regulars comments directed at me which I feel were uncalled for, but not too much of a shock, when the full details were not known. That, for one reason, is why I am not going to elaborate on my reasoning behind my action. I hope you do get to go to Newcastle and have a good week end whether you play or not in the Main Event. TEAM KNIGHTPLOP NEED YOU!!!! I shall not be going now but hope EVERYONE has an enjoyable time there and look forward to reading all about it on here.  Once again, sorry for creating a difficult situation for you last night and I wish you well on the tables. Alan 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    When I had look at the SPT semi last night and learned that you had pulled out, I was certain in my own mind that your reasons would be nothing but genuine, and so it has proved.  Alls well that ends well, as Aaron has got his seat anyway, I think this is a good decision by Sky.
    I am sorry that we will not see you in Newcastle, as I, like many others, enjoy your company.  Hope to come across you again soon.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Sincere apology to Machka:
    In Response to Sincere apology to Machka : When I had look at the SPT semi last night and learned that you had pulled out, I was certain in my own mind that your reasons would be nothing but genuine, and so it has proved.  Alls well that ends well, as Aaron has got his seat anyway, I think this is a good decision by Sky. I am sorry that we will not see you in Newcastle, as I, like many others, enjoy your company.  Hope to come across you again soon.
    Posted by Dollie
    +100000000
  • edited November 2010
    Hope everything is ok with you alan.

Think the main reason people were miffed was because you pulled out with 3 minutes to go as greg has already stated. Obviously you had a good reason to pull out but I and others were puzzled with the late de reg because it was frustrating to not have 2 seats gtd and not allowing another player the opportunity to play. It is not really a big deal in the light of day because it's only a game of poker at the end of the day and bears no comparison to"real life" issues. I make no apology for any of my comments because I don't feel like I said anything wrong but I do wish you all the best and hope you sort everything out. 
  • edited November 2010
    why say sorry to the person who came 2nd

you being in the tournie would have changed every single hand, and thus the result!
  • edited November 2010
    Hope everything is ok with you alan. Think the main reason people were miffed was because you pulled out with 3 minutes to go as greg has already stated. Obviously you had a good reason to pull out but I and others were puzzled with the late de reg because it was frustrating to not have 2 seats gtd and not allowing another player the opportunity to play. It is not really a big deal in the light of day because it's only a game of poker at the end of the day and bears no comparison to"real life" issues. I make no apology for any of my comments because I don't feel like I said anything wrong but I do wish you all the best and hope you sort everything out. 
    Posted by dylan12
    Agreed Dyl, it wasnt the fact Alan deregistered, it was the timing of it. I checked the lobby with 3 mins to go and there were 10 runners, so i was very dissapointed when there were only 9 when it commenced.

Why the decision to deregister wasn't taken a good few minutes earlier, to give someone else the opportunity to register, only Alan knows... And you are right, it doesn't matter!
  • edited November 2010
    So I gather Machka now has a seat and good luck to him.  Has the seat been won through another semi, or just awarded as prize for something?  Just curious.
  • edited November 2010
    So I gather Machka now has a seat and good luck to him.  Has the seat been won through another semi, or just awarded as prize for something?  Just curious.
    Posted by SoLack
    It's in the sky poker tour section - he was offered the opportunity to make up the difference in order to purchase the seat. 
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Alan,

No apologies necessary-ish.  I never for one moment thought that you would have done it out of malice and knew you were considering pulling out earlier in the day. 

It was just unfortunate that it left one seat and cash for second place.  It has all worked out fine in the end, I have my seat.  I now just have to hope there isn't the wrong type of snow on the tracks during my train journey up there!

Obviously it would be great to see you there*, so hopefully all things considered, come January, you will change your mind.

Aaron.

*If you need directions please just ask.
  • edited November 2010
    You don't need to explain anything to anyone Maxxy....

Now stop being a big girls blouse and get yourself and your horrific wardrobe to Newcastle..

It just wouldn't be the same if you wern't there to provide a misdirection or two ;o)

xx

• edited November 2010
    Lover's tiff gentlemen?

I'm sure it will only make your relationship stronger in the long run.

;-)
  • edited December 2010

Alan, nice post from a top gun...sorry guy!

Delighted for Aaron as well that he is on his way to Newcastle, get the huskies and sled looked out!