You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Important hand in 6pm GTD

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
i meant better sorry lol

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Initial raiser has not been raising often so i re-raise to see how strong they are if they shove i would fold pre, been playing solid and had good image.

flop comes 1 over, 2nd pair i like my hand but think if i shove i will only get called by better so aim to check/call, as villain has checked i dont put them on a queen and aim to get them in on the  turn/riiver. the river is terrible card for my hand so am happy to check how do you think i should have played this? will post results later or tomorrow depending on feedback.

PABLO176Small blind 100.00100.003550.00spence1971Big blind 200.00300.00940.00 Your hole cardsJA   xxRaise 400.00700.005941.25YOUNG_GUNRaise 1000.001700.003020.00MASSIE29Fold    yates01Fold    PABLO176Fold    spence1971Fold    xxCall 600.002300.005341.25Flop  J5Q   xxCheck    YOUNG_GUNCheck    Turn  9   xxCheck    YOUNG_GUNBet 1150.003450.001870.00xxCall 1150.004600.004191.25River  10   xxCheck    YOUNG_GUNCheck          YOUNG_GUNShowJA         
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Important hand in 6pm GTD:
    if i shove i will only get called by worse                
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Lol, you might as well shove then!

Weren't you allowed to act on the flop?
  • edited November 2010
    Donk flop.

Turn and river fine IMO
  • edited November 2010
    you xx'd your name out on the flop instead of villain
  • edited November 2010
    cheers lol just testing everyones awake lol any thoughts on hand?
  • edited November 2010
    I don't mind betting that flop fwiw.
  • edited November 2010
    do u not think betting flop will fold out any bluffs? also if someone attempts to go all in do we call still? tough one there imo
  • edited November 2010
    why did you do what you did pre flop?!
  • edited November 2010
    i have mentioned beaneh, person was up against had only been min raising occasionally so i wanted to test how strong they were, after flop i planned to check/call or check shove
  • edited November 2010
    so you used 1/4 or your stack to test them

and they called and we have no idea whats going on

that is not a good plan.....
  • edited November 2010
    i didnt raise pre not knowing what he would call with, i had feeling if he just called he wasnt as strong as me. after flop figure im probably good and best way to get in is to check/call, unfortunately they didnt they check behind

hit their card on the turn they had 89 off here so i lost to rivered straight
  • ybyb
    edited December 2010
    How can you plan to c/c flop when you're in position?! :S

Don't 3bet pre if you don't want to get it in imo, as played I probably bet flop.
  • edited December 2010
    good point yb sorry must of got mixed up, i planned to check to induce bet on turn to shove give people chance to bluff at pot
  • edited December 2010
    you should raise for value or raise to bluff, as you raise for 1/4 of ur stack this should be wit ha view to getting it in pre....

as played you should bet that flop then shut down, i think we still get value from KJ/fd/sd, pair and sd kinda hands and if villain is tight like you suggest theres little danger of him turning his hand to a bluff on later streets so we can check turn and river safely