You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

losing to too many bad beats

edited December 2010 in Area 51
dont know about any1 else but it seems im always getting bad beats losing with pretty much unbeatable hands to cards u wud muck aint been on this site long come over from pkr where u seem to get a fairer crack losing patience rapidly with sky any1 else get this when they started with sky?

Comments

• edited November 2010

Hi, what do you mean by "pretty much unbeatable"?

• edited December 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
     Small blind  25.00 25.00 5415.00
     Big blind  50.00 75.00 4360.00
      Your hole cards ·         Q Q      
     Fold     
    lamiepie Raise  150.00 225.00 2680.00
    VillianRaise  450.00 675.00 6135.00
     Fold     
     Fold     
    lamiepie Call  300.00 975.00 2380.00
    Flop
        ·         8 ·         8 ·         4      
    lamiepie Check     
    Villan Bet  500.00 1475.00 5635.00
    lamiepie All-in  2380.00 3855.00 0.00
     Call  1880.00 5735.00 3755.00
    lamiepie Show ·         Q ·         Q    
    Villian Show ·         10 ·         10    
    Turn
    River
    Villian Win Full House, 10s and 8s 5735.00   

I feel your pain, Today has been "unbelievable" in the words of Chris Kamara.  This is just one example where all the tactics and good play just count for nothing and its really hard to take.  Now I don't blame the villian at all, I would make the call here but this was the second time today my QQ was done by TT hitting 10 on the turn.  (I'm not gonna go through all the hand histories to prove my point but please take my word for it).

I even flopped a set of 10's in an earlier MTT (unknown to me the villian here flopped a set of 9's) the chips went all in only for him to hit quads on the turn.  Again the villian made a play that anyone would - so no grudges there.

All the respected players on the site will tell you to keep playing the same way and you'll soon be back on track but the talk on the site about it being "typical sky poker" seems to stick when the one in a million card hits, and hits, and hits....

I will use whatever is left in the account and will be taking a break from sky poker.  whether that improves my luck or not remains to be seen, but it will hopefully show me that these bad beats happen everywhere.  Maybe just less so....

Matt aka LamiePie
  • edited December 2010
    me 2 on my last legs
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: losing to too many bad beats:
    Hi, what do you mean by "pretty much unbeatable"?
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Achilles ?
  • edited December 2010
    THIS SITE IS A  JOKE

SO MANY 1 OUTERS ON THE RIVER IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE
    SOMETHING VERY VERY DODGY GOING ON

I'LL BE TAKING MY MONEY ELSEWHERE
  • edited December 2010
    do these players really think that this is the only site that has a lot of bad beats after being on several sites before sky eg pokerstars ,fulltilt and pacific it all averages out the same its the nature of the game at least with sky and its great community  you can get to know the players and learn from the better ones also the banter between players is far more interesting than the american sites.
  • edited December 2010
    THE SITE IS A JOKE