You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

played this hand so badly. River desision

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
layerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceThe_Don90Small blind 50.0050.003330.00dryroastBig blind 100.00150.002030.00 Your hole cards108   ChirpyChipFold    Roche_xCall 100.00250.005696.00feetham11Call 100.00350.0010339.50ty_ul_dunFold    The_Don90Call 50.00400.003280.00dryroastCheck    Flop  10JK   The_Don90Check    dryroastCheck    Roche_xCheck    feetham11Check    Turn  3   The_Don90Check    dryroastCheck    Roche_xCheck    feetham11Check    River  10   The_Don90Bet 100.00500.003180.00dryroastFold    Roche_xAll-in 5696.006196.000.00feetham11Fold    The_Don90?????                      

Ok first to admit i played this hand appaulingly bad. I limped pre mainly because it was cheap against stations with suited gappers. OOP terrible play i know.

The flop wasnt ideal at all botton pair and no re-draw with no kicker.

Turn i should have put a bet out.

River min bet was actually for value checked down im likley ahead and going to struggling to get a caller from a worse hand. The shove comes, am i beat?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I think you played it fine. It's a snap fold on the river though. You're only beating some loon ridiculously overvaluing two pair/worse 10, or some maniac bluff. That's not happening often. Likely you'll see straight or better if you call. 
  • edited December 2010
    im calling pre with that hand getting 7-1 all day long, i would bet the river 250ish looking for a jack or weak k to call and fold to a raise
  • edited December 2010
    I prefer a check/call on the river with 3 to act behind you.  I think a weak K or J would have bet the turn in most cases.  Even if if gets checked round at least you can see what everyone's limping in with.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: played this hand so badly. River desision:
    I prefer a check/call on the river with 3 to act behind you.  I think a weak K or J would have bet the turn in most cases.  Even if if gets checked round at least you can see what everyone's limping in with.
    Posted by TommyD
    very good point tommy. Never actually thought of that
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: played this hand so badly. River desision:
    Posted by TommyD
    i dont think they would bet a weak king or jack on the end imo they would be happy to get to showdown, we know they limp in with all sorts of garbage so pointless really, there are good spots for check calls but i think bet fold is best here with 3 candidates to look you up