You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's Last Longer will be.......

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010

Solly!

Break now in the ME, 6th of 9.

I fancy I've used up all my luck tonight, but I'd LOVE to bust Santa before I exit. Oh YES.
  • edited December 2010

I managed to Final Table Bubble in the Main Event, for a very handy £291. I also Cash & FT Bubbled in the TOTTY, & Finalled with no cash in the Sleepie. a pleasing evening, got lucky a few times, then exited when my J-J got binked by T-T.

Did badly again the the TSP though, need to improve in that.

No more Online poker for me until Tuesday, now, got the Show tomorrow, & going away to Scotland (weather permitting) on Friday, Sat & Sunday, & Luton Monday.

Take care now, & big thanks to Mere for the Spreadsheet.

• edited December 2010
    dont feel bad anymore then about knocking u out of the TSP with A6 s against ur 4,s - it was only 1,000 chips but i did actually feel bad at the time

Is there no bonus for knocking you out?   that  deserves a prize on its own
  • edited December 2010
    The final result was:
    Name ME Totty 9pm TSP   Total
    tikay1 7 11 61 78   157
    SoLack 91 58 34 6   189
    scotty77 118 17 24 94   253
    GREGHOGG 138 4 64 93   299
    DAIBOOT 152 46 75 34   307
    Wacko90 87 15 97 123   322
    sara36dd08 61 20 135 196   412
    Kiwini4u 204 57 99 79   439

Congratulations, i 'spose.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Last Longer will be.......:
    dont feel bad anymore then about knocking u out of the TSP with A6 s against ur 4,s - it was only 1,000 chips but i did actually feel bad at the time Is there no bonus for knocking you out?   that  deserves a prize on its own
    Posted by MP33
    Yes, there is a bonus for busting me - my chips! Good effort last night, well done.

No need to be sorry, though I find it somewhat curious & amusing when people say that! You limped, I jammed, & you - absolutely correctly - snap-called me. I had 4-4, you had A-6, so we were racing, & you got there. Absolutely no need to be sorry, & I was happy to get my money in good. If you had set me in, I would have folded, as I like to get my money in first in those spots.

I believe you went  to finish 8th, for about £65 - nice one, & many congrats. Now try & go 7 better! 

Good luck, & it was fun sharing a table wth you.
  • edited December 2010
    The final result was: Name ME Totty 9pm TSP   Total tikay1 7 11 61 78   157 SoLack 91 58 34 6   189 scotty77 118 17 24 94   253 GREGHOGG 138 4 64 93   299 DAIBOOT 152 46 75 34   307 Wacko90 87 15 97 123   322 sara36dd08 61 20 135 196   412 Kiwini4u 204 57 99 79   439 Congratulations, i 'spose.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Do please try to curb your enthusiasm, you are in awe, just admit it.

Where did Booty finish?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Last Longer will be....... : Yes, there is a bonus for busting me - my chips! Good effort last night, well done. No need to be sorry, though I find it somewhat curious & amusing when people say that! You limped, I jammed, & you - absolutely correctly - snap-called me. I had 4-4, you had A-6, so we were racing, & you got there. Absolutely no need to be sorry, & I was happy to get my money in good. If you had set me in, I would have folded, as I like to get my money in first in those spots. I believe you went  to finish 8th, for about £65 - nice one, & many congrats. Now try & go 7 better!  Good luck, & it was fun sharing a table wth you.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers for that - I was hoping for the all in tbh  like 3 hands previously but certainly thought you would have played 44 if i,d put you all in.

Like i said I rarely play you but always thought your Tv image of "some would say a nit" being a bit tight was for just the cameras - Also just read about your lay down of set of 2,s  in £100 buy in at Luton I think it was - nice goin

I was just wondering if your still a winning player online and live over the year? 
  • edited December 2010
    Daiboot finished in about 34th  _ he was leading for a good while with 34,000 chips with around 50 -60 players
  • edited December 2010
    Daiboot finished in about 34th  _ he was leading for a good while with 34,000 chips with around 50 -60 players
    Posted by MP33
    What? Daiboot had all those chips & only finished 34th?

What can I say? ;)

In one of my other Tourneys last night, there was a quite hilarious scenario.....

Mr Station, as we shall call him, (no, not MereStat), was making a whole series of jaw-droppingly bad calls, & as Stations sometimes do, was hitting every single time.

With the average at 6,000, he had some 45,000. This is in Level TWO! Which is fine. But he was giving it large in the chatbox, "easy chips", "thanks for the chips, haha" sorta thing, & getting into everyone's face with abrasive comments. And I'm thinking "Karma's gonna get you my friend", and I've have bet a million that he could not won, or even Final. But of course one can think, but should not say, these things.

As usual, Karma did it's job, & he failed to Final. To my eternal shame, I smiled a little at his exit, then felt bad at how churlish I was. I'm still not sure if my feelings were fair, or unfair, but I have to say, I hate & loathe bad manners, & especially players who win or lose with bad grace. To be fair to him, he exited with supreme good grace, "wp all".

Players who "lose badly" tend to be the ones who hoot & holler loudest when they win, too. Human psychology is a most peculiar thing, but it fascinates endlessly.      
  • edited December 2010

"As usual, Karma did it's job"  - it always seems to in poker. 

The majority of bad mannered players are losers and as my mum  used to say "manners don,t cost u anything"