You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

dym hand v fish

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
opinions on this hand please. - This guy wouldnt fold anything to note.

layerActionCardsAmountPotBalance Small blind 25.0025.004580.00auldreekieBig blind 50.0075.001385.00 Your hole cards65   trouble265Fold    The_Don90Call 50.00125.001540.00SmogFold     Raise 75.00200.004505.00auldreekieFold    The_Don90Call 50.00250.001490.00Flop  834    Check    The_Don90Check    Turn  4    Check    The_Don90Bet 250.00500.001240.00 All-in 4505.005005.000.00The_Don90All-in 1240.006245.000.00 Unmatched bet 3015.003230.003015.00 Show69   The_Don90Show65   River  3    WinTwo Pairs, 4s and 3s3230.00 6245.00

Comments

• edited December 2010
    fold pre

as played if u know he wont fold dnt bet the turn with 6 high - if you have to bet dnt bet pot

fold to ship as you still have 6 high
  • edited December 2010
    raise/fold pre, bet flop, bet less on turn, fold to shove.
    If he is a station then id bet flop because you probably have the higher chance of winning the hand. On the turn your hand is weakened as you could be almost dead, and you only have 1 more card to make your hand... a smaller bet would take down the hand if he has air/ induce a raise you can fold to... when he shoves you have enough behind in a dym and little enough equity to be able to fold.
  • edited December 2010
    fold pre

bet flop as played ur lucky he's terrible.
  • edited December 2010
    bet flop
    fold turn

• edited December 2010

fold or raise pre - which has been said about ur play everytime u post for how long?

why are u not betting that flop when checked to? then u choose to barrel the worst card in the deck for u? if u check the flop then that turn comes u check again....

if people dont fold hands then the best tactic is not to be limp/calling anything against them and hoping to hit u shud be playing ur premiums for max value
  • ybyb
    edited December 2010
    limp calling pre and calling the turn shove is pretty fishy as well tbf
  • edited December 2010
    That flop was about as good as you get with that hand and you didn't bet it?? Then you just potted the turn when the board paired...

• edited December 2010

Well you call him a fish but your the one calling it off with 6 high? he is at least (badly) making things happen. You call Bb then Call a raise pre with junk and no plan - Passivley play the rest of the hand and then call your stack off on a draw, and he's the fish? If your calling into this that weak then you need to apply the preasure not react to it.

He may only have 9 high but he shoved into the pot, thats a strong move 9 high which he knows you can't call. he's forcing you out of the pot and unless yo uhave it (which at some point you will) then you should fold here and pick your spot.

I don't think it's good play by them but it's worse from you IMO.... not trying to slate you mate but i wouldn't start a thread with the word fish in it when the loss is kind of made from your own inaction :)

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: dym hand v fish:
    Well you call him a fish but your the one calling it off with 6 high? he is at least (badly) making things happen. You call Bb then Call a raise pre with junk and no plan - Passivley play the rest of the hand and then call your stack off on a draw, and he's the fish? If your calling into this that weak then you need to apply the preasure not react to it. He may only have 9 high but he shoved into the pot, thats a strong move 9 high which he knows you can't call. he's forcing you out of the pot and unless yo uhave it (which at some point you will) then you should fold here and pick your spot. I don't think it's good play by them but it's worse from you IMO.... not trying to slate you mate but i wouldn't start a thread with the word fish in it when the loss is kind of made from your own inaction :)
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    +1
  • edited December 2010
    Well you call him a fish but your the one calling it off with 6 high? he is at least (badly) making things happen. You call Bb then Call a raise pre with junk and no plan - Passivley play the rest of the hand and then call your stack off on a draw, and he's the fish? If your calling into this that weak then you need to apply the preasure not react to it. He may only have 9 high but he shoved into the pot, thats a strong move 9 high which he knows you can't call. he's forcing you out of the pot and unless yo uhave it (which at some point you will) then you should fold here and pick your spot. I don't think it's good play by them but it's worse from you IMO.... not trying to slate you mate but i wouldn't start a thread with the word fish in it when the loss is kind of made from your own inaction :)
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    lol, crucify the don !!!

Tbf, can't really argue with anything written here.

I think Don knows it himself. He gets bored playing micro's and especially micro dym's - so gets involved, then posts hands where he gets involved and messes up, even though he knows it's wrong, --  because posting hands and getting replies is actually more interesting (for him) than actually playing the games he plays.

With cash and dyms - it's about making as few mistakes as possible. 1 mistake in cash, can whipe out an hours worth of solid play.

One mistake in a dym, and u have to win the next 2 to rectify it (taking an hour)

Lapses of concentration, as well as auwful bankroll management = Don's bankroll not really getting anywhere fast!

DISCIPLINE KIDDA !!!

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: dym hand v fish : lol, crucify the don !!! Tbf, can't really argue with anything written here. I think Don knows it himself. He gets bored playing micro's and especially micro dym's - so gets involved, then posts hands where he gets involved and messes up, even though he knows it's wrong, --  because posting hands and getting replies is actually more interesting (for him) than actually playing the games he plays. With cash and dyms - it's about making as few mistakes as possible. 1 mistake in cash, can whipe out an hours worth of solid play. One mistake in a dym, and u have to win the next 2 to rectify it (taking an hour) Lapses of concentration, as well as auwful bankroll management = Don's bankroll not really getting anywhere fast! DISCIPLINE KIDDA !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Honestly Don on your better days i don't beleive you would play this the same and not trying to crucify your whole game on this one action, I make plenty of plays that suck myself lol - But with that Title your game has to be air tight to not attract a comment on it lol