You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is this a call?

edited December 2010 in Area 51
dym bubble
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  200.00 200.00 2647.50
 Big blind  400.00 600.00 1202.50
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

hairyqueen Fold     
Asmodeus Fold     
The_Don90 All-in  2647.50 3247.50 0.00
 All-in  1202.50 4450.00 0.00
The_Don90 Unmatched bet  1245.00 3205.00 1245.00
The_Don90 Show
  • K
  • Q

Show

Flop

Turn

River

• A

Win Two Pairs, 7s and 5s 3205.00  3205.00

Comments

• edited December 2010
    It's not the worst call in the world with 3 BB's left and the small blind next hand. Would you have posted this if your KQ had held up, I doubt it. Shrug your shoulders and move onto the next hand.
  • edited December 2010
    I see you were playing someone called hairyqueen!!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
  • edited December 2010

imo he has to call with any two cards. 25% of his stack is already in the middle so why not make a stand while you still have enough chips to have a chance of cashing.

• edited December 2010
    i dont think i need to explain why i made the call, that should be fairly obv!! next time you lose a hand i have got a very small violin you can have. keep it real.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: is this a call?:
    i dont think i need to explain why i made the call, that should be fairly obv!! next time you lose a hand i have got a very small violin you can have. keep it real.
    Posted by amanda1983
    This post was not made for any of the reasons above.

It was made on simple reasons,

A. Im running bad, i want to know if its mistakes im making of coolers.

B. Did i make the correct play

C. To improve my game so i post it

Going on responces, it was standard play so therefore i got what i needed from the post. No offence, i dont really ask for smart responces.
  • edited December 2010

Have u concluded that this is a good call by the 8 high on a dym bubble???

R u serious?

The world's gone mad.
  • edited December 2010
    Have u concluded that this is a good call by the 8 high on a dym bubble??? R u serious? The world's gone mad.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hi dohhhhhhh, all i can say is that in my opinon on this occasion i was happy to take the gamble. id prefere to to go with 87 against 1 opponent hoping my cards are live rather than folding this and waiting which would prob mean that when i do shove i would prob get called by both blinds atleast.
    im no great player and fairly new so will make many mistakes how ever i dont regard this as a big mistake. also this was a £3 dym, and i was playing on 2 omaha cash tables and 2  £10 dym even tho i sould take every game seriously i may not have been as worried with this one.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: is this a call? : This post was not made for any of the reasons above. It was made on simple reasons, A. Im running bad, i want to know if its mistakes im making of coolers. B. Did i make the correct play C. To improve my game so i post it Going on responces, it was standard play so therefore i got what i needed from the post. No offence, i dont really ask for smart responces.
    Posted by The_Don90
    sorry for sounding smart, you played the hand perfect and was unlucky.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: is this a call? : hi dohhhhhhh, all i can say is that in my opinon on this occasion i was happy to take the gamble. id prefere to to go with 87 against 1 opponent hoping my cards are live rather than folding this and waiting which would prob mean that when i do shove i would prob get called by both blinds atleast. im no great player and fairly new so will make many mistakes how ever i dont regard this as a big mistake. also this was a £3 dym, and i was playing on 2 omaha cash tables and 2  £10 dym even tho i sould take every game seriously i may not have been as worried with this one.
    Posted by amanda1983
    Viva Mark Banin.
    You indeed are the true heir to the legacy of his wisdom.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: is this a call? : This post was not made for any of the reasons above. It was made on simple reasons, A. Im running bad, i want to know if its mistakes im making of coolers. B. Did i make the correct play C. To improve my game so i post it Going on responces, it was standard play so therefore i got what i needed from the post. No offence, i dont really ask for smart responces.
    Posted by The_Don90
    why didnt you post this in the poker clinic then??
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: is this a call? : why didnt you post this in the poker clinic then??
    Posted by amanda1983
    because im not asking about my play im asking about my opponents play, which means it just get moved here anyways.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: is this a call? : because im not asking about my play im asking about my opponents play, which means it just get moved here anyways.
    Posted by The_Don90
    ok, hope i answered it for you
  • edited December 2010
    you would have to post the other players stack sizes to give an accurate answer. if any others stack is smaller than 1200 you should be folding
  • edited December 2010
    you would have to post the other players stack sizes to give an accurate answer. if any others stack is smaller than 1200 you should be folding
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    going through HH just now

HairyQueen - 3405.00

Asomodues -

Would be a little less for the latter, they hadnt played a hand in a while, that was last count on their stack, about 10 hands ago.
  • edited December 2010
    dunno qwhy above post went like tat