You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

First time in Vegas....!!

edited August 2009 in The Shed
Hi all

Me and 9 mates are goin to Vegas on Wednesday for a week for our 21st Birthday celebrations, staying in the MGM Grand and looking to play in some tournies. I've read up a little on the net about the various rooms etc, but was looking for any pointers, advice, tips and stories any of you guys have from your past experiences in Sin City.

Looking to the best holiday of our lives!

Oli

Comments

• FBSFBS
    edited August 2009
    I went in April for the first time and it was GREAT ......

Loads to see and do...

Loads of rooms to play in

Venetian is good, especially if they have a deepstack week on, but can be pricey buy ins... depends what you are looking for I guess but I seem to recall typical was $200 while I was there, fields were good size

Excalibur had cheapest buy ins, starting at $20 + 1 add on,  also had other games at 7pm for $20 buy in , Limit and Omaha ( I think ) tourneys so it was a cheap way to get  abit of live practice at them.

Didn't play at MGM but it looked OK,

on a NON poker related topic, I would reccomend you try to catch the fountains at Bellagio, I know it sounds pants they are really worth seeing at last once.

For transport up and down the strip or getting down to Freemont St use the deuce, an all day ticket costs $7 andwas worth it as you can hop on & off.