You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2018 World Cup Bid

edited December 2010 in The Football Corner
results coming in any minute

Good Luck England - although rumours are saying were out already - fixed if we are

Comments

• edited December 2010
    definately fixed - not even through the 1st round

Shoulh have an investigation into them - bent aas xxxx
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: 2018 World Cup Bid:
    definately fixed - not even through the 1st round Shoulh have an investigation into them - bent aas xxxx
    Posted by MP33
    Didn't he play for Sunderland & West Brom?
  • edited December 2010
    FIFA.....Sponsored by SkyPoker LOL.
  • edited December 2010
    plenty of these heading to a few swiss bank accounts..
  • edited December 2010
    Well at least hot weather wont be an excuse for boring snail-paced football.

My ambition now is to not drink myself to death before 2030 when we have another chance to bid !!!

Every cloud.....

• edited December 2010
    i hope the british media doesnt stop investigating fifa for what it is,corrupt and bent that it is,lets hope they get some real hard evidence to bring fifa to its knees,its probably going on in the prem and the f.a too if so lets hope it all comes out and everybody is brought down.the money thats in the game now is slowly but surely destroying the game that i once loved,maybe its because im abit older and abit wiser and can see things diffrently and the passion for the game i had is diminishing pretty rapidly where once i couldnt wait for an england international now i couldnt be ar sed weather i watched it or not...money money money thats all that matters now.RIP to the beautiful game(bit extreme i know but its just my thoughts)
  • edited December 2010
    i hope the british media doesnt stop investigating fifa for what it is,corrupt and bent that it is,lets hope they get some real hard evidence to bring fifa to its knees,its probably going on in the prem and the f.a too if so lets hope it all comes out and everybody is brought down.the money thats in the game now is slowly but surely destroying the game that i once loved,maybe its because im abit older and abit wiser and can see things diffrently and the passion for the game i had is diminishing pretty rapidly where once i couldnt wait for an england international now i couldnt be ar sed weather i watched it or not...money money money thats all that matters now.RIP to the beautiful game(bit extreme i know but its just my thoughts)
    Posted by stokefc
    My sentiments exactly mate.
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by stokefc
    I think your thoughts echo exactly what a lot of us think, money rules. It dont matter who is in charge, runs it or makes the decisions there are always gonna be people swayed by the offer of easy cash.
  • edited December 2010
    Well there's a surprise. A corrupt organisation giving the world cup to one of the most corrupt & racist countries in the world.

Also, How did Qatar get the 2022 finals when they were deemed to have a high risk bid? I would've thought that Australia would've been a better prospect?
  • edited December 2010
    quatar clevery used the asian votes for 2018 to get votes for 2022 think we even did a deal with them.
    If we were niave to think we could get votes by playing by the rules  when most of the votes are from africa,asia and south america where if you want to get anything done you have to grease the right palms.
    My favorite was the artical i read about tax inspectors in greece where if you owed 20k in tax the standard way to pay was 10k for the inspector 6k to you and 4k to the revenue. which made me laugh until i realise that now our government is bailing them out with our income tax and were about to do the same for portugal and spain!
  • edited December 2010
    Well there's a surprise. A corrupt organisation giving the world cup to one of the most corrupt & racist countries in the world. Also, How did Qatar get the 2022 finals when they were deemed to have a high risk bid? I would've thought that Australia would've been a better prospect?
    Posted by silentbob
    did you get on the ruskies at 11/4 this afternoon got in from work at 2 turned on telly and laptop couldnt belive the price lumped on!
  • edited December 2010
    WE WILL CONTINUE TO DO THINGS BY THE BOOK, BECAUSE ANY OTHER WAY " IT`S JUST NOT CRICKET " & "EVERY ONE SHOULD PLAY BY THE RULES " 

80110X

• edited December 2010

Sepp blatter said   "Englands bid would have been the most profitable" - he didn,t say to who tho

Roman Ambrovich was looking happy - not suprised - they need 14 new grounds , new airports, hotels, roads - I wonder who,s gonna making a fortune there?

Its supposed to have been to introduce the World Cup to new places in the world and will develop russia as a country (continent), as it will do , but can guarentee there will be trouble at the event.  They,ve said it will help towards the racism problems they have. If its as bad as it sounds, with coloured russian players saying it shoulsn,t be there I can,t see them changing it in time

Qatar will be a strange one in 2022 with all the teams and games being played in a 60 mile radius of each other.

Unfortunaly  after reading stokefc,s post i have to agree with him and the general consensus of ppl i know as well  as on here it seems are falling out of the love with the game and have been doing for some time since money took over the game