You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

So annoying keep bubbling on silly suckouts

edited December 2010 in Area 51
heres my latest living me hardly any and blinds next hand, i shove see cards wiiiiiiii then stupid river

keep doing well in tourneys and this keeps happening around bubble this time 12 left 10 paid, bounthyhunter joke call!
EACHIE Small blind   400.00 400.00 17527.46
twosteps Big blind   800.00 1200.00 8710.44
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

gooner55 Fold        
xflight1 Call   800.00 2000.00 28335.01
YOUNG_GUN All-in   11463.33 13463.33 0.00
marsden01 Fold        
EACHIE Fold        
twosteps All-in   8710.44 22173.77 0.00
xflight1 Fold        
YOUNG_GUN Unmatched bet   1952.89 20220.88 1952.89
twosteps Show

YOUNG_GUN Show
  • J
  • J

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

twosteps Win Three 8s 20220.88   20220.88

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Unlucky.

You want your JJ to be called by 88 obviously. For each one like this you'll win four, but they'll all quickly be forgotten, as will the times your 88 outdraws his JJ.

Every time you get KO'd from a tourney with a bad beat you should hold your head high and be satisfied knowing that you played a good game. When your opponent outplays you and gets you to put your chips in bad that's the time to be disappointed.
  • edited December 2010
    just had a simular run of bubbling hit about 5 out of 6 mtt bubbles it gets you paranoid and shove happy, try to play agressive as you see the bubble approaching because the closer you are to the bubble the more races you end up getting in and unfortunatly the more bad beats your gonna get especially in BHs where when you get that deep getting your bounty may be more profitable to your opponant  than cashing
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to So annoying keep bubbling on silly suckouts:
    Is this karmic backlash for being a wum ? ;)
    Btw man what's a bounty hunter joke call ?
    Isn't that the aim of the game ? To inspire bad play ? Speed things up a bit ?
    Maybe that cat put you on A-K and thought he was ahead  ( like they all do ) ? Stack sizes, etc,  just same old poker mush.
    Ul man.
  • edited December 2010
    lol completely forgot about this hand as i've had soo many of late seriously if i had a bit of luck i could of won a few mtt last week as i've been playing well getting in good. but as everyone says it is variance ill win sooner rather then later.

last night beat the bubble on one i was pretty low alot of it 8 paid i ended up 6th hopefully many more to follow only a score for £5 but hey ho breaking the duck going to run good soon and im sure i got lucky 77 vs a 9 they hit second pair i shoved they called then river or turn 7 happy days!