You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shouldnt have called pre, hit the flop sideways - correct play?

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Opinions on this hand i called pre for straights/flushes (A2 is technaclly connecting init?????) hit the flop hitting the Aces (yuk) but 2 spades. After the raiser bets, and i flat and the shorty shoves is the shove the correct play regardless of the outcome?

ayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance Small blind £0.05£0.05£6.94 Big blind £0.10£0.15£12.91 Your hole cards2A   The_Don90Call £0.10£0.25£8.73 Fold     Call £0.10£0.35£1.32Fold     Raise £0.40£0.75£6.54 Fold    The_Don90Call £0.35£1.10£8.38 Call £0.35£1.45£0.97Flop  A64    Bet £0.40£1.85£6.14The_Don90Call £0.40£2.25£7.98 All-in £0.97£3.22£0.00 Call £0.57£3.79£5.57The_Don90All-in £7.98£11.77£0.00 All-in £5.57£17.34£0.00The_Don90Unmatched bet £1.84£15.50£1.84 Show8A   The_Don90Show2A    Show77   Turn  3   River  K    WinPair of Aces£14.33 £14.33

Comments

• edited December 2010
    hmmm i dunno here seems ul to me but i dont really play cash anymore

top pair and 1/3 times will hit your nut flush, maybe after re-raised after you have called would just flat to make sure u hit ur flush, still probably goin in anyway but possible another ace just flats as weak. if they shove after you would have to call

tough one donny but was unlucky a8 ??
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Shouldnt have called pre, hit the flop sideways - correct play?:
    hmmm i dunno here seems ul to me but i dont really play cash anymore top pair and 1/3 times will hit your nut flush, maybe after re-raised after you have called would just flat to make sure u hit ur flush, still probably goin in anyway but possible another ace just flats as weak. if they shove after you would have to call tough one donny but was unlucky a8 ??
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    was a snap call from the opponent too, was shocked to see A8 no spade or redraw lol. Was good for note making tho, till they ran away after me reload lol
  • edited December 2010

u tilt me. y u limpin utg with A2?

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Shouldnt have called pre, hit the flop sideways - correct play?:
    u tilt me. y u limpin utg with A2?
    Posted by Eagle26

What eagle said.

You seem to post alot and want to get better, then ever hand history you make a mistake at the first hurdle lol. 
  • edited December 2010
    fml limp calling again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2010
    lol I know it's been said already but ugh... delete your call button pre LOL

if you want to play, get raising with it. Then at least when you hit that flop you might get credit for a big ace. No one is gonna believe you have AK/AQ etc when you limp call pre.

As played on the flop- top pair with nut flush draw is enormous, I'd happily stick my cash in on that every single day. There's a small chance you're ahead, and against any A you have outs other than your flush.

BUT RAISE PRE AND IT'LL WORK BETTER

RAISE PRE

DO NOT LIMP

RAISE PRE

:)
  • edited December 2010
    A2 isn't classed as suited connecters because you can only make the straight one way.(IMO)
  • edited December 2010
    Forgetting the play preflop (urgghh), you've played a poor ace because it's suited and hit top pair and nut flush draw.  What the heck are you doing flatting the first bet on the flop?  You have to raise there.  Ok this guy looks like he's always calling with another raggy ace but raising is so much better here.

Plus you change your thinking through the hand.  First you flat to draw and then you change your hand into a semi-bluff with a shove when a shorty is all in losing some fold equity against the better aces.  Got to be frank Don, I hate your line throughout the hand.
  • edited December 2010
    limping with A2s and then flopping TPplusNFD isn't hitting the flop sideways.  its hitting the flop full in the face.