You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

priority club.....such a badly thought out promotion

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
The new priority club promo is badly thought out to say the least.....   how does it work????...  one month you earn 10.000 poker point your a vip...  then the next month you dont and your what???.... downgraded???..  do sky poker think they are dealing with children???

so...if you get 9.999 points is it....sorry sir you dont cut it??/     your no longer a valued customer .

its quiet simple....  either you make money for yourself and skypoker on an ongoing basis and are therefore a priority in thier eyes or your not.

this promo in my thinking is a bit demeaning,   

any thoughts lads an lassies?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Well its obviously to keep players playing regually month in month out, they can't just get VIP status and then go and play another site. If you want things in life you need to work for them. I'm sure if you made 9,999 points they would make an exception. I make between 8k and 10k a month so I need to put the work in if I want to achieve it.

Its ideal for some1 like me, I am a winning player, but after I play a 2 hour session I don't really want to play again that evening. But if I want to make the 10k mark I need to do 2 sessions, so it is incentive for me to play more which is good for me as I make more money and points and good for sky as I produce more rake.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: priority club.....such a badly thought out promotion:
    Well its obviously to keep players playing regually month in month out, they can't just get VIP status and then go and play another site. If you want things in life you need to work for them. I'm sure if you made 9,999 points they would make an exception. I make between 8k and 10k a month so I need to put the work in if I want to achieve it. Its ideal for some1 like me, I am a winning player, but after I play a 2 hour session I don't really want to play again that evening. But if I want to make the 10k mark I need to do 2 sessions, so it is incentive for me to play more which is good for me as I make more money and points and good for sky as I produce more rake.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    ok if you are a winning player and make money for the site then you should automaticly be a priority customer...   that makes sense...  any buisness knows who makes them money...   so if you make 10,000 points consistantly over a year then one month you dont...   what happins if you phone your priority customer line?..  do they deal with you or not???    if they overlook your one month shortfall then there is no point in the month to month status evaluation.

I too am a fan of skypoker....I also make money in an ongoing basis...   but I can still spot a bad idea when I see one...    maybe you dont mind being on trial on a month to month basis to find out your value to the site but I do......    I run my own buisness...   I have priority customers...    trust me..   changing thier status on a monthly bases is crazy
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: priority club.....such a badly thought out promotion : ok if you are a winning player and make money for the site then you should automaticly be a priority customer...   that makes sense...  any buisness knows who makes them money...   so if you make 10,000 points consistantly over a year then one month you dont...   what happins if you phone your priority customer line?..  do they deal with you or not???    if they overlook your one month shortfall then there is no point in the month to month status evaluation. I too am a fan of skypoker....I also make money in an ongoing basis...   but I can still spot a bad idea when I see one...    maybe you dont mind being on trial on a month to month basis to find out your value to the site but I do......    I run my own buisness...   I have priority customers...    trust me..   changing thier status on a monthly bases is crazy
    Posted by NODEAL
    it doesnt say that if one month you dont make 10k points you get cut it says it could affect your chances of being kept as a VIP. if you get over 10k every month for a year then 1 month have a bad one i dont think they will downgrade you, but if you then start to fall short of 10k then im guessing they will. its not crazy, what happens if someone goes allout in 1 month to get 10k? then after go back to normal getting around 5-6k a month, they shouldnt continue reaping the benefits of the priority club. not only that it is a relatively new scheme and im sure it will be a success. people who have complained so far are people who cant earn 10k points. its a good business plan IMO as people who earn consistently 8-9k in points a month have a huge incentive to play that little bit extra like flashflush has pointed out, which earns sky more money in the process.
  • edited December 2010
    I agree.  I decided to be really baller last night and phoned up my personal priority manager. I suffer from a slight stammer, but asked him to send a ho to my room......... he sent santa.
  • edited December 2010
    just to add, they wont be changing the status of people on a monthly basis, i would predict that at least 90% of those who earn over 10k do so every single month.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: priority club.....such a badly thought out promotion : ok if you are a winning player and make money for the site then you should automaticly be a priority customer...   that makes sense...  any buisness knows who makes them money...   so if you make 10,000 points consistantly over a year then one month you dont...   what happins if you phone your priority customer line?..  do they deal with you or not???    if they overlook your one month shortfall then there is no point in the month to month status evaluation. I too am a fan of skypoker....I also make money in an ongoing basis...   but I can still spot a bad idea when I see one...    maybe you dont mind being on trial on a month to month basis to find out your value to the site but I do......    I run my own buisness...   I have priority customers...    trust me..   changing thier status on a monthly bases is crazy
    Posted by NODEAL
    I understand what your saying and I agree. But the people you speak to are human beings and have your account history on hand to look at. Im sure if you have just missed the 10k mark or have had the odd month below due to holiday or something they will make exceptions. As Hurst says, its to stop people having 1 big month then going back to playing half the quantity of games they should be for the reward.

Its new so lets see how it goes, all we are doing is speculating, but Sky look after their players better than any other site I know of and i'm sure this will be no expection.
  • ckdckd
    edited December 2010

i think its really really bad

i play lots and lots of stts over a month only small stakes and to me this is a bit of a stab in the back sorta thing

there are many many players who play day in day out on sky but dont make 10000 points does that not mean we are valued customers

im not being bitter here... i just think its a bad idea to make 2 groups   stt mtt dont have much of a chance of getting this  and looks to me like sky dont think we are of much value 

if you are going to do this at least reward your stt mtt full time players as without them you would not have the cash players

just my oppinion and im sure i will be told off lol

gl at the tables every1 
  • edited December 2010
    I agree.  I decided to be really baller last night and phoned up my personal priority manager. I suffer from a slight stammer, but asked him to send a ho to my room......... he sent santa.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    lol....nice one
  • edited December 2010

In Response to Re: priority club.....such a badly thought out promotion : I understand what your saying and I agree. But the people you speak to are human beings and have your account history on hand to look at. Im sure if you have just missed the 10k mark or have had the odd month below due to holiday or something they will make exceptions. As Hurst says, its to stop people having 1 big month then going back to playing half the quantity of games they should be for the reward. Its new so lets see how it goes, all we are doing is speculating, but Sky look after their players better than any other site I know of and i'm sure this will be no expection.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I agree skypoker are exceptionaly good at looking after thier customers and I have no complaints..  but its our feedback that contributes to the good service they provide...   they rely on it.

we shouldnt always all jump to thier defence....  there is something in what im saying and also your points..   just food for thought for us and skypoker

thanks for input

• edited December 2010
    How would you set the bar for priority players if it's not done by how much they earn Sky?  Maybe Alphabetically on Surname?  Postcode?  lol i know i'm being a bit facetious but this is a business.  In any business (incl poker sites) those who use the business most and generate the most income for them will get the best incentives.
    Or would you prefer the 'if we can't have it you shouldn't get it' attitude which imo is pretty childish.
    NODEAL... you play 1 table at a time.  Are you saying you should have priority membership?
    If you currently make 9000 points this is an incentive for you to play more and earn more for yourself AND Sky.
    If you currently make nowhere near enough points then this offer will not benefit you.  Get over it imo.
    If you play mtt's or stt's and don't earn enough it's because you don't play enough.  The people earning over 10k points every month are normally playing 4 to 12 tables for 4-8 hours every day.  It's hard work!

TBH i'm sick of Sky continuing to try and improve things for their core player base only for the people (in general) playing £1 DYM's complaining that they're not on an equal footing and trying to spoil things for the players at sky that make this site work.  Whether that be points, TSP, TP, Priority club..... etc etc. 

Well done Sky imo. 
  • edited December 2010
    I like the Priority Club concept, it's obviously a good business model by SKY, they are rewarding the rake builders and keeping them within the site with this personal touch. They didn't have to do this Priority Club but they know it makes good business sense to do it and as Charles states he and others im sure will build a few extra sessions into their schedule each month to reach their 10K targets each month - players like Charles are winners because they get the extra C4P for reaching 10K and a 25% top up as well which is a big attraction for them - what Sky get out of it is extra rake from it so it is a big attraction for them as well. 

Im not gonna rake 10K C4P tbh so this whole thing doesn't affect me at all on a personal level, I can understand though why some arent happy with the concept and it would be hard for most mtt players to reach 10K C4P each month but it is possible for the big mtt grinders to do it - we must remember that this is a small reward for the big rakers to keep going and get a little back in the process - the more you spend the more you get back basically if the volume is big enough - and in terms of mtt grinding - now is the best time to grind with the structure and GTD in a whole chunk of them being very appealing!
  • ckdckd
    edited December 2010
    How would you set the bar for priority players if it's not done by how much they earn Sky?  Maybe Alphabetically on Surname?  Postcode?  lol i know i'm being a bit facetious but this is a business.  In any business (incl poker sites) those who use the business most and generate the most income for them will get the best incentives. Or would you prefer the 'if we can't have it you shouldn't get it' attitude which imo is pretty childish. NODEAL... you play 1 table at a time.  Are you saying you should have priority membership? If you currently make 9000 points this is an incentive for you to play more and earn more for yourself AND Sky. If you currently make nowhere near enough points then this offer will not benefit you.  Get over it imo. If you play mtt's or stt's and don't earn enough it's because you don't play enough.  The people earning over 10k points every month are normally playing 4 to 12 tables for 4-8 hours every day.  It's hard work! TBH i'm sick of Sky continuing to try and improve things for their core player base only for the people (in general) playing £1 DYM's complaining that they're not on an equal footing and trying to spoil things for the players at sky that make this site work.  Whether that be points, TSP, TP, Priority club..... etc etc.  Well done Sky imo. 
    Posted by cottlad
    i cant see any1 trying to spoil anything just loyal players that play on the site day in day out voiceing there oppionion

• edited December 2010
    How would you set the bar for priority players if it's not done by how much they earn Sky?  Maybe Alphabetically on Surname?  Postcode?  lol i know i'm being a bit facetious but this is a business.  In any business (incl poker sites) those who use the business most and generate the most income for them will get the best incentives. Or would you prefer the 'if we can't have it you shouldn't get it' attitude which imo is pretty childish. NODEAL... you play 1 table at a time.  Are you saying you should have priority membership? If you currently make 9000 points this is an incentive for you to play more and earn more for yourself AND Sky. If you currently make nowhere near enough points then this offer will not benefit you.  Get over it imo. If you play mtt's or stt's and don't earn enough it's because you don't play enough.  The people earning over 10k points every month are normally playing 4 to 12 tables for 4-8 hours every day.  It's hard work! TBH i'm sick of Sky continuing to try and improve things for their core player base only for the people (in general) playing £1 DYM's complaining that they're not on an equal footing and trying to spoil things for the players at sky that make this site work.  Whether that be points, TSP, TP, Priority club..... etc etc.  Well done Sky imo. 
    Posted by cottlad
    FFS!! You put it much better than me, why didnt I refresh before posting - grrrrrrrrrrr

BTW - I am a bit worried about you - your posts recently have been outstandingly good!! PLZ post more ty :)
  • edited December 2010
    I hadn't even noticed there was a priority club lol - (reminder to self, must be more vigilante)

It's a pretty simple concept in business though, take care of people who spend the most because they can spend it elsewhere

If this is going to be an elite club then i agree with Cottlad, you can't have people playing recreational poker taken into account.

Are the recreational valued??? of course, the whole adds up to more input from these players than the big guns but what you gonna do, rate every player elite??? kind of misses the point doesn't it?

I'm not now nor will i ever be earning 10,000 points a month (slight complications of other things to do lol) but i don't begrudge a promotion for those that do. The low roll players get freerolls daily, these are of no use to a player with any sort of roll realy but does that mean they should be removed because the high rollers don't play them? of course not, it's about trying to provide something in the promotion range for all, you will never be all things to all men but there's a good mix on here between freerolls, the new tournament token promotion that so many on here have commented on having received (I didn't get one of these either Grrrrr lol) and now something for the big guns - It's all good IMO
  • ckdckd
    edited December 2010
    I like the Priority Club concept, it's obviously a good business model by SKY, they are rewarding the rake builders and keeping them within the site with this personal touch. They didn't have to do this Priority Club but they know it makes good business sense to do it and as Charles states he and others im sure will build a few extra sessions into their schedule each month to reach their 10K targets each month - players like Charles are winners because they get the extra C4P for reaching 10K and a 25% top up as well which is a big attraction for them - what Sky get out of it is extra rake from it so it is a big attraction for them as well.  Im not gonna rake 10K C4P tbh so this whole thing doesn't affect me at all on a personal level, I can understand though why some arent happy with the concept and it would be hard for most mtt players to reach 10K C4P each month but it is possible for the big mtt grinders to do it - we must remember that this is a small reward for the big rakers to keep going and get a little back in the process - the more you spend the more you get back basically if the volume is big enough - and in terms of mtt grinding - now is the best time to grind with the structure and GTD in a whole chunk of them being very appealing!
    Posted by dylan12
    i agree it is good for them to get rewarded for playing  would be nice to see the same sort of thing for stt/mtt players who do play lots on here but cant make that sort of points

i know sky make alot of money from the rake on cash but mtt/stt player are important on here to
    both need each other for the site to run
  • ckdckd
    edited December 2010
    I hadn't even noticed there was a priority club lol - (reminder to self, must be more vigilante) It's a pretty simple concept in business though, take care of people who spend the most because they can spend it elsewhere If this is going to be an elite club then i agree with Cottlad, you can't have people playing recreational poker taken into account. Are the recreational valued??? of course, the whole adds up to more input from these players than the big guns but what you gonna do, rate every player elite??? kind of misses the point doesn't it? I'm not now nor will i ever be earning 10,000 points a month (slight complications of other things to do lol) but i don't begrudge a promotion for those that do. The low roll players get freerolls daily, these are of no use to a player with any sort of roll realy but does that mean they should be removed because the high rollers don't play them? of course not, it's about trying to provide something in the promotion range for all, you will never be all things to all men but there's a good mix on here between freerolls, the new tournament token promotion that so many on here have commented on having received (I didn't get one of these either Grrrrr lol) and now something for the big guns - It's all good IMO
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    what is the tourny token promo i missed this 1 any news on it please
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: priority club.....such a badly thought out promotion : i agree it is good for them to get rewarded for playing  would be nice to see the same sort of thing for stt/mtt players who do play lots on here but cant make that sort of points i know sky make alot of money from the rake on cash but mtt/stt player are important on here to both need each other for the site to run
    Posted by ckd
    Personally I don't think they could do a similar concept for stt/mtt players who play large volumes from 30p - £11 Daily because if they don't earn enough points reach 10K C4P then imo the current offer they get from C4P is enough. As I said previously, they didn't have to do a Priority Club and had they not I don't think no one would be unhappy - stt and mtt players have requested better structures, better prize pools, afternoon tournaments, early evening tournaments etc etc and Sky have delivered therefore they are imo getting looked after.

The cash players (mostly) who generate the most rake are now also being looked after through Priority Club. If the requirements were dropped to a more realistic target of 4/5K C4P then you will lose the personal touch and the whole point of having it. 

• edited December 2010
    Posted by cottlad
    As I said on my previous post....  skypoker customer service is very very good...   any interaction I have had with skypoker has been very well handled...    I am not talking about me....  im talking about us..   I was just pointing out that having priority status evaluated on a monthly basis doesnt make sense...    maybe I should have made myself more clear in the beginning...        

if I run a poker site...  priority customer status would not depend on a clients performance on a monthly basis based on how many points they earn...  it would be based on several factors and on a yearly basis.

skypoker rely on constructive criticism ...   most of the posts on this link are junping to skypokers defence whitch says a lot for the service they provide..  but im sure they will take more note of any criticism rather than a constant chant of SKYPOKER IS GREAT...  we have to keep them great.

thanks for comment.

ps ...they are great
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: I run my own buisness...   I have priority customers...    trust me..   changing thier status on a monthly bases is crazy
    Posted by NODEAL
    ok, so let's use your example.

so you're saying you treat a customer who spends say 50k a year on your products the same as a guy who spends say £1000 on products/units a year from your business.

don't be ridiculous, you give priorities and extra benefits for people who are making you more money because they are going to continually make you more money so without risking them go elsewhere you give them perks.

this is just a whinge post/thread because you don't put in enough volume and therefore feel left out you don't have the extra perks.

well, tough luck i guess, but don't brand a promotion bad because it's not available to you.

Sky is in need of better promotions for regular grinders and this is a welcome addition.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: priority club.....such a badly thought out promotion : ok, so let's use your example. so you're saying you treat a customer who spends say 50k a year on your products the same as a guy who spends say £1000 on products/units a year from your business. don't be ridiculous, you give priorities and extra benefits for people who are making you more money because they are going to continually make you more money so without risking them go elsewhere you give them perks. this is just a whinge post/thread because you don't put in enough volume and therefore feel left out you don't have the extra perks. well, tough luck i guess, but don't brand a promotion bad because it's not available to you. Sky is in need of better promotions for regular grinders and this is a welcome addition.
    Posted by zing
    very presunptuous of you to guess at how many points I average and whether im a priority customer....

you have no idea of my intent when posting this thread.......   but hey its up to you if you want to stick your neck out and be wrong as you are in this case...    skypoker has always been very accomodating when ever I contact them      and I do meet all the criteria of a priotity customer......    a promo giving an insentive on a month to month basis without the mention of priority status would have been the correct way to go.

there are plenty of micro players who contribute to skypoker in different ways  ...eg being involved in an entertaining way on tv ..and on forums...      they could still end up a priority customer for entertainment value,...whitch translates into more satisfied customers and there an overall benifit.

thanks for the input
  • edited December 2010
    the key is to work arrrd, work arrd you reap the benifits