You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (4th/5th)

edited December 2010 in The Football Corner
Err.....Well this is where I'd normally stick up my picks for the weekend games but at best it doesn't look like we're gonna have too much to choose from :(

I think I'll wait until the morning to see what games are left standing & see what I can find from there.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Well we've at least got SOME games to choose from this afternoon & I've managed to put a couple of bets together.

Main Acca:

Arsenal to beat Fulham (H) @ 2/7
    Man City to beat Bolton (H) @ 1/2
    Cardiff to beat Preston (H) @ 4/9
    Exeter to beat Tranmere (H) @ 5/6

These 4 are paying a decent 4/1 so I've had a tenner on 

Ordinarily I wouldn't bother backing Arsenal at this price but with such little choice today we've got to take what we can. Fulham won't just roll over at the Emirates but Arsenal should have more than enough to see them off today. Arsenal go into the game on the back of 6 wins from their last 8 in the league & they know they can't afford to slip up if they're to remain in the title race. In contrast Fulham have only 1 win in their last 8 in the league & of the other 7 they've lost 4 of them.
    The main reason for backing City here is because they're at home. Only Arsenal have won at Eastlands this season & they are currently 5 unbeaten home & away. Bolton also come into this game on the back of good form & are also unbeaten in 5. However, City have the upper hand at home & have won the last 3 meetings at Eastlands.
    Cardiff come into this game on the back of 2 defeats & this should be the perfect game for them to get back on track. Rock bottom Preston are the visitors this afternoon & they've lost 4 & drawn 2 of their last 6. Preston haven't won in Cardiff since 2004 & that run should be extended today.
    Exeter have been in decent form of late & are also a decent bet at home. They're unbeaten in 3 & even won away at Huddersfield a couple of weeks back. Tranmere have picked up themselves a bit in recent weeks having won 2 & lost 1 in their last 3 but they're not great travellers. Exeter won this fixture last year & I fancy them to do it again this time round.

Prem Long Shot Special:

Arsenal/Fulham - Over 2.5 goals @ 4/7
    Birmingham/Spurs - Both to score @ 4/5
    Blackburn/Wolves - Over 2.5 goals @ 5/6
    Chelsea/Everton - Under 2.5 goals @ 11/10
    Man City/Bolton - Under 2.5 goals @ 5/6
    Wigan/Stoke - Both to score @ 10/11

These 6 are paying a nice 37/1 so I've just had a quid & a bit of change on it.

Good luck if you're having a go today. Let's hope we can find some winners

Jay
  • edited December 2010
    1. Wigan v Stoke Draw @ 11/5
    2. Man. City v Bolton Draw @ 3/1
    3. Chelsea v Everton Chelsea @ 2/5
    4. Blackburn v Wolves Blackburn @ 8/11
    5. Birmingham v Tottenham Draw @ 12/5
    6. Arsenal v Fulham Arsenal @ 1/3

Pays 139/1.

Good luck Jay & anyone else having a bet.

• edited December 2010
    1. Swindon v Sheff. Wed Both teams to score @ 8/11
    2. Leeds v Crystal Palace Both teams to score @ 4/5
    3. Watford v Leicester Both teams to score @ 4/5
    4. Derby v Norwich Both teams to score @ 4/6
    5. Wigan v Stoke Both teams to score @ 10/11
    6. Man. City v Bolton Both teams to score @ 5/6

Pays 32/1

• edited December 2010
    Just gone on all the prem matches today.

Arsenal
    Spurs/Brum - Draw
    Wolves
    City
    Chelsea
    Wigan/Stoke - draw.

151/1, just a couple of quid.

Good luck all.
  • edited December 2010
    brag - my coupon came in again today. Thats 3 times in the last month.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (4th/5th):
    brag - my coupon came in again today. Thats 3 times in the last month.
    Posted by offshoot[/QUOTE

Next time post them up before the games start instead of bragging about it after. We don't even know what you've put on.

Well done btw
  • edited December 2010
    Woo-hoo! A winner for me too :) Mind you, I was sweating a bit in the last 7-8 minutes of the Chelsea game cos it sounded like one of 'em was gonna score.

£1.36 staked & £51.84 returned

Shame Cardiff let me down on my other bet otherwise I would've had a few more quid coming my way (although not as much as originally planned due to the Exeter game being called off after I'd placed my bet)

Plus I've had a decent day at the tables too. 

For tomorrow's live games I'm backing the draw in both (West Brom/Newcastle & Sunderland/West Ham). Think I'll have a fiver on @ 10/1 for the double but I'll quite happily lose that if it means we come away with the 3 points up there ;)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (4th/5th):
    Woo-hoo! A winner for me too :) Mind you, I was sweating a bit in the last 7-8 minutes of the Chelsea game cos it sounded like one of 'em was gonna score. £1.36 staked & £51.84 returned Shame Cardiff let me down on my other bet otherwise I would've had a few more quid coming my way (although not as much as originally planned due to the Exeter game being called off after I'd placed my bet) Plus I've had a decent day at the tables too.  For tomorrow's live games I'm backing the draw in both (West Brom/Newcastle & Sunderland/West Ham). Think I'll have a fiver on @ 10/1 for the double but I'll quite happily lose that if it means we come away with the 3 points up there ;)
    Posted by silentbob
    Nice one Jay, well done.
  • edited December 2010

Exactly 4 goals in both the live games this afternoon.

Just a couple of quid @ 35/1

Fancy 2 x 2-2 draws, but thought I'd give myself a better chance with this bet.
  • edited December 2010
    1. Sunderland v West Ham Draw 2-2 @ 150/1
    2. Sunderland v West Ham Cole, C. @ 150/1
  • edited December 2010
    Well seeing as West Brom put paid to my initial bet for today I've decided to back my boys today.

Carlton Cole 1st goal & West Ham win 2-1 @ 85/1 (£1 on)
    HT/FT - DRAW/WEST HAM @ 17/2 (£4 on)