You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The end of SPT satellite qualification?

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: The end of SPT satellite qualification?:
    Interesting!! To get 10000 points is a pretty hard thing to do, you must play pretty much all week in the day as well, ie play for a living! Anybody can buy into an SPT event if they turn up and enter as an alternate, if you register about 12 noon on the day you should be pretty much guaranteed entry. So I don't think it makes much difference, the people who can buy in after getting 10 grand points much rather do it for £5 or £24 as they have the game to win these sats every time! Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Lol,i had to laugh at this,they should try working for a living.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: The end of SPT satellite qualification? : LOL Nice one hoggers. Off to play some Live Poker. The best thing about live poker is that sky can't be blamed for things that go wrong! OR CAN THEY
    Posted by DAIBOOT
    Just remember that WHATEVER happens be it live or online, its ORFORDS fault
  • edited December 2010

Priority Club will make no meaningful difference to SPT Qualification by Online Satellites as we know it.
  • edited December 2010
    I shouldnt worry, they offered to put me and am assuming others in blackpool spt for free, but I wasnt bothered.
    Posted by ajs4385
    I contactedd you & offered to put you in, on behalf of Sky Poker, out of the small allocation I receive for every SPT to use as I see fit. You declined, as was your perfect right. I felt it appropiate to offer you a Seat as you are a very large & loyal Client.

I donate a few Seats on Sky Poker's behalf to each SPT balanced between Commercial & Community. So 1 or 2 high rakers may get offered one, as might micro-rakers who have set an example on the Community. As of now, far more seats have been offered for Community than Commercial, & I expect that trend to continue.

For a 150 seat SPT, usually betwen 125 & 135 are available for Online Qualification, the balance being for Celebs, Presenters/Analysts, special Guests, & players that I invite.

For most SPT's (Newcastle is an exception), Online qualification starts 6 weeks before the Event, & in most cases, Seats are still available via Online Qualification right up to the week of the Event.

• edited December 2010
    I think anyone with over 2000 forum posts should get a free seat into an spt of there choice. Just a thought ;)
    Posted by donkeyplop
     +1
  • edited December 2010
    Priority Club will make no meaningful difference to SPT Qualification by Online Satellites as we know it.
    Posted by tikay1

Great news Tikay as i look forward to getting through an SPT Sat one day
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: The end of SPT satellite qualification? : Do you realise how much we pay in rake every month. Its thousands literally, no way of knowing how much exactly but at a guess must be like 6 to 8 grand a month at least. I usually get a couple back through cash 4 points. So I cant see that there is anything wrong with sky offering me a free £200 donkament entry every few months.
    Posted by ajs4385
    +1
  • edited December 2010
    I seem to remember that the max qualifying seats last year were 120 (maybe 125).  This year it has been 135 out of a total field of 150.  This year there have been less "outside" celebs and more "insiders" (eg TSP at Blackpool).  I do not have a prob with any of that and I sense that the online seats available will remain at 135, so nothing changes.  So lets stop reading between lines that aren't there!
  • edited December 2010
    I seem to remember that the max qualifying seats last year were 120 (maybe 125).  This year it has been 135 out of a total field of 150.  This year there have been less "outside" celebs and more "insiders" (eg TSP at Blackpool).  I do not have a prob with any of that and I sense that the online seats available will remain at 135, so nothing changes.  So lets stop reading between lines that aren't there!
    Posted by Dollie
    I think that post is a very clear indication that wisdom comes with age.
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by Dollie
    Not only as old as Methuselah, but as wise.