You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Making a living at NL50?

edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
I read somewhere on this forum that you could make a living at NL50, is this true and is there anyone on here that does, if so, how many tables, hours a day, days a week etc do you need to play?

Comments

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Making a living at NL50?:
    I read somewhere on this forum that you could make a living at NL50, is this true and is there anyone on here that does, if so, how many tables, hours a day, days a week etc do you need to play?
    Posted by OMahonyO
    It may have been my comment.
    I'd say that it is quite possible to play single table for less than 8 hours a day (5 days a week) at NL50 and make more than £1K a month which it is quite possible to live on. Other people's definition of "a living" may vary!
    Multi-tablers could make significantly more than that.
  • edited August 2009
    IMO making a living off NL50 doing 8 hours a day isn't going to be fun. We would all love to make a living off poker and play the game to pay the bills but to me grinding at that level is just feeding you ego in becoming a "pro" player. If you're going to go to the effort of playing 8 hours a day then I think you deserve a bit more than the rewards of 50NL.

• edited August 2009
    Probably a very stupid question, but what is 50NL?
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Making a living at NL50?:
    Probably a very stupid question, but what is 50NL?
    Posted by SwansFC
    Not stupid at all.

It's the cash 25p/50p No Limit Hold 'Em game.
  • edited August 2009
    Whats your win-rate at 20nl sir?

I'd say you get about 60h/hr here on average so if you are 5 tabling thats 300h/hr x 8 = 2400h/day.

Plus on Sky there is that bonus scheme, it isn't great but it will add an extra few hundred/month.

It is possible, most of my income comes from poker (not just from this site tho).

And for about a year I was totally dependant on poker, with most of it coming from 50/100/200/300nl on this site.
  • edited September 2009
    On another site 12 tabling fr it is about 8ptbb/100, but that new all in ev graph on pt3 shows it should be twice that so prob somewhere in between.

Not sure about on here as I have nothing recorded but would guess it is higher.

60h/hr surprises me, I thought it would be more than that due to 6 max and shorter thinking time.
  • edited September 2009
    Its hard to judge how many hands you get per hour tbf.

I don't think that Sky's own counter is accurate, as I just had a quick hour grind on 4 tables and all of them never went above 40/hr.

• edited September 2009
    I dont know about making a living but i think you can have a nice income from playing at those levels... i play 10/20 & 15/30 and have been known to make £150 on an 8hour day doing two tables at the same time.

On average though i think i probably make £30 - 40per table with the occasional bad days where i lose my stack and have to rebuy.

If your consistantly winning at the lower levels then it equals i nice bit of pocket money or money towards a nice holiday, if you want to earn a living then you have to play at the higher 1/2 level to make it worthwhile.