You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament durations?

Hi Guyz...

Thinking of playing the £2000 TSP Classic with 10 minute blinds levels.
On average how long would this Tournament take to play?
Trying to be positive... How long to make the final table? :0)

Thanking you all in advance for taking the time to try and answer this difficult
question and I do realise that your answers would need adjusting for the number of players entered.

Regards,

Grim

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Tournament durations?:
    Hi Guyz... Thinking of playing the £2000 TSP Classic with 10 minute blinds levels. On average how long would this Tournament take to play? Trying to be positive... How long to make the final table? :0) Thanking you all in advance for taking the time to try and answer this difficult question and I do realise that your answers would need adjusting for the number of players entered. Regards, Grim
    Posted by GrimmDark
    Hi Grimmdark, and welcome to the forum.  I have played in a few of these and they usually end somewhere between 1.30 & 2.00am so roughly 3 1/2 hour play.  I think they have been averaging about 230 runners lately.

Good luck at the tables.

Steve
  • edited December 2010
    Hi Grim.

Sorry that I didn't spot this thread earlier.

The TSP Classic tournaments have typically taken about 3 1/2 hours to complete, finishing around 1:30am.
    The structure means that there is generally a fair amount of play even on the final table. I'd say that the FTs are generally lasting at least 30 minutes but I don't have any figures to back that up.
    However, the fields have been increasing in size. Last night there were 262 runners and the event finished at 2:11am.

Note that we have just started a TSP Classic League with the best 8 results from 20 games scoring. The league runs over four weeks and we have just completed the first week. There is no need to register - anyone who plays 8 games within the four week period qualifies.

The prizes are listed here.

Good luck if you decide to play in it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi Guyz.

Many thanks for your replies. Gives me the information I needed.

See you both at a final table, where we can chat live. Be lucky...

Regards,

Grimm