You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

heads up roulette

edited September 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy

seen a 50 pound plus a fiver heads up roulette - 500 chips each player all in,winner takes all. a couple or questions . 1) why 500 chips why not 1 chip or 10 000 chips lol and 2) anyone got any tactical advice on how to win one of these lol and 3) i thought i was the only loony lol

Comments

• edited August 2009
    In Response to heads up roulette:
    seen a 50 pound plus a fiver heads up roulette - 500 chips each player all in,winner takes all. a couple or questions . 1) why 500 chips why not 1 chip or 10 000 chips lol and 2) anyone got any tactical advice on how to win one of these lol and 3) i thought i was the only loony lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    Played a few (perhaps 15) myself, mainly out of boredom whilst waiting for a sit n go to fill up. Got 2 pieces of advice for ya.
    1) dont bother, they are no fun whatsoever! If you want a 50/50 bet stick it on an even money horse at skybet. You'll save the buy in fee.
    2) If you insist on havin a go i found by registering first i tended to win more. Coincidence perhaps or does this belong in area 51?
  • edited August 2009
    yeh but id have to pretty bored to go 55 quid lol
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: heads up roulette:
    yeh but id have to pretty bored to go 55 quid lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    Or stupid or rich! Anyone out there with 50 quid to give away (it wont cost you the buy in fee) my sort code and account number are.................

I'll buy fifty lucky dips and split the winnings with ya!!!
  • edited August 2009
    please dont bother your self with these so called tourneys looneytoons---it is in fact mathematically impossible to win with a 10 percent buy in fee--there are designed only for our favorite type of player----NUTTERS----LOL
  • edited August 2009
    Rake earner. Pure and simple.

No place on a self respecting poker site.
  • edited August 2009
    SkyBet have a roulette wheel on the SkyVegas, if you want a (near) 50/50 gamble then go there.  Ludicrous playing a £50/5 roulette poker "game". £5 for the privledge. Just go on the roulette wheel..
  • edited September 2009

I played Heads Up Roulette once, and once only. And that was because I didn't fully realise what it was...

And it still baffles me why anyone would play these... Even whilst waiting for their game to start. It reminds me of the very first days of Television 'Phone-Ins' where they'd ask viewers to call a premium rate number, and leave a message: “Say 'A' if you agree with the Government, say 'B' if you don't agree, and say 'C' If you don't know...”

It always stunned me that someone would willingly stump up £1.50, to inform an audience of strangers, that they didn't have an opinion on a topical issue.

Bizarre. But then again, if these people weren't around, there'd be nobody to feel superior to, so it all evens out nicely in the end.

• edited September 2009
    It is a disgrace that a poker site offers this game.

I played one out of curiousity (I won btw my 94o vs K2 and I river a 4 yay).

• edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: heads up roulette:
    It is a disgrace that a poker site offers this game. I played one out of curiousity (I won btw my 94o vs K2 and I river a 4 yay).
    Posted by scotty77
    This.

These are not poker. These are just pure gambling.