You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Slowplaying?

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Is this perfectly acceptable or not?

The reason I ask as was in the Super 6 Freeroll against an opponent that let the timer run right to the end on every hand regardless of action.

Also was doing this through every street - the average hand was taking 7 mins!!

Was so annoying

Despite lots of requests in chat box which were ignored this carried on - by half an hour into tourney i think we had played about 7 hands. This imo detracts from the enjoyment of all at the table.

Is this reportable to customer care or is it ok?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    A Deviation - a quickish all-in pre (AQ)

Called with 86 out of sheer annoyance & binked LOL

Is this then a tactic to wind people up get a good hand & they will call with anything? (a bit low but works - did on me!)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Slowplaying?:
    Is this perfectly acceptable or not? The reason I ask as was in the Super 6 Freeroll against an opponent that let the timer run right to the end on every hand regardless of action. Also was doing this through every street - the average hand was taking 7 mins!! Was so annoying Despite lots of requests in chat box which were ignored this carried on - by half an hour into tourney i think we had played about 7 hands. This imo detracts from the enjoyment of all at the table. Is this reportable to customer care or is it ok?
    Posted by Ploppy33
    Hi ploppy

This is standard practice by some players, the only time it is wrong if someone has the nuts and does it.
  • edited December 2010

you have a timebar, that time bar is the amount of time you are given to decide on a course of action, if a person decides to use their whole allotted time that's up to them imo.

• edited December 2010
    Yeah he has every right to use his whole timer through every street - very annoying at times I know

• edited December 2010
    It's not cheating but can be very annoying!

A certain dym player used to do it all the time and got real frustrating in the end, so I tried avoiding him.
  • edited December 2010
    some

people....

think....

sloooooooooooooower

than

others

Ploppy.

also he may be multi tabling 235 tables like Beaneh

lol at report to customer care!!! He can take as long

as

he

innit!
  • edited December 2010

doesn't bother me, espescially in freerolls. I would prefer to play as few hands as possible in the early stages.

• edited December 2010
    Sounds to me like he did exactly what he planned and put you and the rest of the table on tilt
  • edited December 2010
    i might try it myself next freeroll i enter
  • edited December 2010
    OK thanks guys

God forbid u get 5 of em on 1 table.

I still cant fathon though why you would need to think for 30 seconds utg then fold?

Must also take intense concentration to make ur action at exactly the last second every time!

PS Greghogg I'm reporting u for wasting space!  Think of the enviroment :-)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Slowplaying?:
    i might try it myself next freeroll i enter
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Doesnt work matey. Thought I'd save all ur poor opponents the pain (not to mention yourself from Lynch mobs & hitmen)

In the 7 hands I had made a 7% gain - looks good yeah?

started tourney with average chips (obv.) & 150 BB. After the half hr with 3210 chips ave is now approx 8400 & u only have 25 BB left!

PS Did I mention the Lynch mobs?
  • edited December 2010
    Saw a shortstack do this one night a long way before the bubble. Even when down to half a BB they were still using the whole time bar.
  • edited December 2010
    It is good practise to make your action at the same point of the time bar in order avoid giving reads.  I wd say the all in was an obvious read, he got all excited by the hand and forgot to wait for the time bar.  Instead of tilting to the tactic use it to your advantage next time.
  • edited December 2010
    Yep, biggest tell ever. Another is when a supposedly 'away' player with a green time bar suddenly sits in and shoves.