You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mastercash Live at 9pm- with Rich and Ed. Tonight's official show thread

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Good job Mastercash doesn't start until 9pm (take note Chirpychip) it will take me until then to read the opening post in the show thread.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Well, I'd imagine there may be a fair few of you in this evening due to adverse weather conditions, so why not stick us on in the background whilst you rampage across the Saturday night Sky Poker tables?

We go live on Channel 865 (and of course on the homepage stream) from 9pm till 1am.

Ed and I are your tour guides and we have four hours of cash poker for you, beginning with action from Mastercash table 4 (10p/20p) moving on to Mastercash 5 (15p/30p) and finishing on Mastercash 10 (25p/50p) in the first hour of the show.

Then at around 10pm we head to the Cash 300 tables where the buy-in is £300.

So if you'd like your play featured on the show tonight, then make sure you've booked your seat on these tables by the allotted times and you'll be on TV!

We'll have a phone-call from TSP's Dan Brown who was due to be appearing in the studio tonight but has been snowed in apparently. Rubbish excuse that!

And DTW Bandit will also speak to us live on the blower. If anyone else would like to do a live phonecall with us on the show tonight then email our producer Ling on
    skyopen@bskyb.com with your phone number and we'll see what we can do.

As usual on a Saturday, Ed and I will be running "Orford's Disastermind"- our no-expense-spent version of Mastermind where the questions are poker and Sky Poker related. If you'd like to take part to win a seat in our Santa's sack tournament AND entry into next week's Saturday Night Open, then email your name, alias and phone number to
    skyopen@bskyb.com right now and you could be live on the show!

As ever, we want your messages, be they emails (on the above address) or posts on this thread and tonight- every single person who contibutes in this way to the show wil be entered into the hat, with the winner drawn at the end of the show winning entry into Santa's sack tournament on the 28th for all those amazing prizes.

Topic wise tonight-

Don't know why- but I think SLEEP STORIES could be amusing. Have you ever gone sleepwalking, had a premontion in a dream that came true, slept in a really weird place, fallen asleep at a really inopportune moment, woken up to find your eyebrows have been shaved off by your mates etc etc etc.

You know the score.

Have a good 'un tonight and see you at 9!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastercash Live at 9pm- with Rich and Ed. Tonight's official show thread:
    Good job Mastercash doesn't start until 9pm (take note Chirpychip) it will take me until then to read the opening post in the show thread.
    Posted by Machka
    I like to give full value in my OPs Aaron. And besides it's a slow day in the office.

Now, anything else to contribute? You know, like a sleep story?

If you think I'm entering your comment into the hat for Santa's sack entry, then you can think again! ;)

PS- Thanks for the DVD- top notch.
  • edited December 2010
    I barely ever remember my dreams - but occasionally one will be so vivid that I will wake up still thinking about it....
    One such dream happened almost 2 years ago, when I had the horror of watching every single tooth in my mouth fall out. (Bearing in mind that i am "teeth brushing obsessive" this is the equivalent to someone else leg being chopped off by the saw puppet.)
    I woke up still thinking about the dream courtesy of an early morning wake up call by my mother - who was ringing to tell me that overnight each and every tooth implant in my father's mouth had fallen out overnight.

Other than that the most interesting place to have slept was in an igloo - surprisingly warm!

One of the "how did you fall asleep there" moments was on an amp in a London club which was blasting out jungalism music... I'm pretty good at that - falling asleep - in cars, trains, planes and Clubs....
  • edited December 2010
    Hi guys

I kind of had a dream that came true a few years back. If I remember correctly it was 1994 (or thereabouts) & we (West Ham) were playing Man Utd at home the following day.

I dreamt that Mark Hughes had scored after 5 minutes & that Lee Chapman (remember him!) equalised with a back post header midway through the 2nd half. At that point I woke up. Anyhow, meeting up with my brother & his mate for the game the next day I told them about this & he put a bet on for a 1-1 draw & Hughes to get the first goal. 5 minutes into the game Hughes scored & my brother gave me a funny look. Midway through the 2nd half Lee Chapman equalised almost exactly how I'd dreamt it!!!!

At this point my brother couldn't believe what he was seeing & started to think I was some kind of freak (I think it might also have had something to do with the fact the he stood to pick up a few hundred quid too). It seems I woke up too early though as Trevor Morley gave us the lead 3 minutes later only for Paul Ince to equalise in injury time :(
  • edited December 2010

Hi Rich & Ed have a great show tonight have been playing 10p/20p for a month now & doing ok so tonight i'm gonna be playing MC4 plus as i have had a good week am gonna have a dabble on MC5 to see how i do (any advice for me would be appreciated) also Good Luck to Dan Brown for Monday

I would like to swap places with any of the people who got an SPT Newcastle seat as i would love to play a Live SPT & test my tourney play (which has improved two-fold in last 2 months - have had 10 mtt cashes in the last 10 days) 

Michael

• edited December 2010
    As a teenager, a group of us used to go night fishing down to a local river surrounded by woodland. This particular night was abit chilly so I got into a sleeping bag and after a few mins, started to doze off. In my drowsy state, I felt something furry nudging my face. Thinking It was my boyfriend mucking about, I opened my eyes only to find a massive wild rabbit trying to get In the sleeping bag with me. I screamed so loudly, i must have scared the fish off cos nobody got a bite all night.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastercash Live at 9pm- with Rich and Ed. Tonight's official show thread:
    In Response to Re: Mastercash Live at 9pm- with Rich and Ed. Tonight's official show thread : I like to give full value in my OPs Aaron. And besides it's a slow day in the office. Now, anything else to contribute? You know, like a sleep story? If you think I'm entering your comment into the hat for Santa's sack entry, then you can think again! ;)PS- Thanks for the DVD- top notch.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    This could definitely be misinterpreted!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastercash Live at 9pm- with Rich and Ed. Tonight's official show thread : This could definitely be misinterpreted!
    Posted by Machka
    Could???

p.s. where's mine ;o)

xx

• edited December 2010

sleep walking

when i was 8 years old i used to sleep walk .
      while i was on a sleep over one night in a friends house yep you guessed it ,
      i went off on one of my sleep walking adventures ,
      my friends father heard someone walking about yep it was me ,
      he didnt want to wake me up and frighten me .
      so i ended up cornering him and took out my lad and peed on him .
      i then went back to bed .
      next morning in front of their whole family he  told them & me what i did.
      how embarrassing was that lol .

• edited December 2010
    Who hasn't been fast asleep and dreamt they were going to toilet?  Luckily I don't drink so I have always woken up before the inevitable happens but I hear the drinking community aren't always so fortunate!

My theory on people who have dreams only to be awoken up to find out something related to their dream has happened (Ling dream above for instance) is what I'll call micro-dreams.  A tiny influence from your environment is sensed and becomes part of your dream in a instant.

For instance a doorbell or telephone ringing when you are asleep and becomes a fire engine or alarm in what seems like a long dream but the whole dream probably happened in an instant.

I'll stop babbling now.
  • edited December 2010
    When I was little I had a knack for raiding the Kitchen in the middle of the night. Stair gates were easily sorted with the aid of "big Ted" (a 3 foot panda - what were they thinkin of giving that to a 4 yr old?) as a climbing frame.

My Mum kept commenting that things were missing from the fridge but obviously I was blameless due to the dungeon trappings in the hallway.

Unfortunately got rumbled one morning as I had left teeth marks in the lard!!
  • edited December 2010
    well well first we had that scarf Rich and now the one and only Tikay admits to wearing tights too, how much more of this can we take. Oh and best of luck to DTWBANDIT on the mastercash tables tonight, going up some levels hold your own mate
  • edited December 2010
    Lol- some quality in there guys.

Everyone goes in the hat for entry into Santa's sack.

Keep 'em coming please! I've got a show to fill!!!!
  • edited December 2010
    After a particularly hazy night out I once woke up to find myself peeing in my friends sock draw...

classy bird that i am, i'd pulled it out and everything ;o)

xx
  • edited December 2010
    My brother used to always fall asleep on the bus home from school.

One particular afternoon he fell asleep.

Someone always gave him a nudge when it was our turn to get off.

This time I just left him and no one else woke him up!

He ended up waking up about 25 miles away from home and mum had to go and pick him up!

She wasn't very happy.

• edited December 2010
    After a particularly hazy night out I once woke up to find myself peeing in my friends sock draw... classy bird that i am, i'd pulled it out and everything ;o) xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Pulled what out?  Is there something you need to tell us!
  • edited December 2010
    Hi Rich/Ed

My story involves my brother, we used to sleep three to a room when i was a kid from a family of seven kids

My brother liked a drink or two and often came home the worse for wear

Early hours of the morning a noise woke me, in the gloom i saw my brother walk up to the wardrobe open the doors and urinate

He then closed the doors and went back to bed seemingly none the wiser, i would have stopped his sleep whiz had it not been his own wardrobe

LOL

Gary

PS does Ed like the giant santa at handcross?
  • edited December 2010
    Rich

I would like to swap places with you please, backtracked to last Monday, just so that I can find out what was going through your mind as you dumped off 8500 chips in 10 minutes.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Mastercash Live at 9pm- with Rich and Ed. Tonight's official show thread:

Hi Rich and Ed,have a great show.  Since no Tikay, then no point in trying to raise the tone….  Sleep story. Part 1

(What I remember)Played in a football match. Really hot day.Probably too many after match celebrations at the local.Arrive home and promptly crash out on the couch.  Part 2

(As witnessed by my partner and her friend since I have no recollection of this.)   Allegedly, I got up from the couch, walked out of my lounge, through the hall, out the front door and over to my neighbour's door. I then tried to open their door (fortunately locked). At this point I started knocking on the door shouting, quite aggressively, “You better hurry up or I’ll just have to P right here!” When the door did not open and after more hammering and shouting, allegedly, I started to make moves to carry out my threat at the neighbour’s door.  Fortunately, with a little persuasion my partner and her friend managed to convince me that what I intended to do was probably not a good idea and directed me to a more suitable location. A near miss or what!    Swap for a day.  Would swap places with Phil Ivey.
    Play myself HU online for the highest stakes. Obviously lose a bundle since Phil is now me and be very happy the next day.   Cheers Guys.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi guys- could someone post tonight's lottery numbers so I can give Ed a rubdown live on air. He's bought his ticket and they don't post the results until midnight online.

Ta!
  • edited December 2010
    Hi guys- could someone post tonight's lottery numbers so I can give Ed a rubdown live on air. He's bought his ticket and they don't post the results until midnight online. Ta!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    4 8 15 16 23 42
  • edited December 2010
    Hi guys- could someone post tonight's lottery numbers so I can give Ed a rubdown live on air. He's bought his ticket and they don't post the results until midnight online. Ta!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    And who will have a pc in front off them in tonight's show Rich?...

• edited December 2010
    9 10 15 24 45 46 bb 1

• edited December 2010
    A few weeks ago I had a dream that a teacher at my school was off sick and I was asked why I said nothing to the deputy about it.  

Arrived at work the next day to find that the same teacher had phoned in sick for the first time in a year!!

Spent all day waiting for the deputy to confront me..........but that part never happened.

Oh, thought you'd like to know Rich that I had a bonus 2 days off this week thanks to the weather and it's only 2 weeks til the next holiday ;)

Also, unlucky in our epic heads up the other day - think I may have had the rub of the cards though lol.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Mastercash Live at 9pm- with Rich and Ed. Tonight's official show thread : 4 8 15 16 23 42
    Posted by Machka
    Are you lost???

xx

• edited December 2010
    4,15,19,44,45,49 bonus 11
  • edited December 2010
    I barely ever remember my dreams - but occasionally one will be so vivid that I will wake up still thinking about it.... One such dream happened almost 2 years ago, when I had the horror of watching every single tooth in my mouth fall out. (Bearing in mind that i am "teeth brushing obsessive" this is the equivalent to someone else leg being chopped off by the saw puppet.) I woke up still thinking about the dream courtesy of an early morning wake up call by my mother - who was ringing to tell me that overnight each and every tooth implant in my father's mouth had fallen out overnight. Other than that the most interesting place to have slept was in an igloo - surprisingly warm! One of the "how did you fall asleep there" moments was on an amp in a London club which was blasting out jungalism music... I'm pretty good at that - falling asleep - in cars, trains, planes and Clubs....
    Posted by Sky_Ling

I,ve had similar dreams. Its supposed to be a sign that your worrying about something.

About 10-15 years ago after going to sleep on the couch after match of the day I woke up in an ally a few hundred yards from my flat the next morning.
    The police found me and took me to hospital.

The main bit I remember was getting out of the police van at A&E. There was a small crowd of ppl outside smoking. They all stared as I was helped out of the police van in my boxer shorts and covered in blood. Also suffered 2 broken ribs

I don,t remember a thing about that night. Just glad I wore my boxers to bed  

Have a good show fellas

Paul
  • edited December 2010
    Funnily enough, I have all sorts of sleeping stories....but this is the only one I don't particular mind telling Orford!!!

Having had a family gathering, my mother and two younger sisters stayed over at my place.  I lived in a bungalow, and the bedroom I used was the loft conversion. My mum and youngest sister shared a double bed in the room downstairs, and my other sister shared my bed.  I have a history of sleepwalking, and I am not sure what I was dreaming about this particular night, but having gone to bed in my undies (I dont possess PJs as I usually go to bed in the nuddy), I woke to find myself upside down in the downstairs bed in between my mother and sister - completely naked!!  My sister Lisa who had shared my bed said I had woken her up in the night, when I decided to completely remove one drawer of the chest of drawers, place it on the floor, then carefully and slowly remove my underwear, folding it up and placing it in the drawer on the floor and then going downstairs.

My mother said that she woke up whilst I was sat on the bed staring into space, not realising I ws naked.  She told me to go to bed where I replied that "Lisa kept talking", I then slid into the bed, topping and tailing them both.  It was my sister who discovered I was naked when she woke in the morning - and said she was thankful it was just my feet that were in her face!!

I dont remember a thing!
  • edited December 2010
    Blimey do you normally watch match of the day sitting in your boexers??

Preety harsh though, how did you end up with broken ribs??
  • edited December 2010

LOLOL Rich, the subjects you throw up are different class.

This sleep story happened to one of our 20 (ish) party on a long weekend golfing in Ireland a few years back.

Lots of drinking and low-quality golf ensued during the trip...in fact the golf was SO bad at times, that one of my mates asked if I had been practising for the trip in my living room.

Anyway...after our arrival, a round of golf and a proper skinful on the Friday, the second day involved a lot of hangovers and a few of us managing to drink right through till morning and the impending breakfast/shower/golf routine.

Playing in foursomes, the time we reached a par 3 that was near the turn on the outward 9 and there was a bit of a backlog to play the short par 3. Quite a few playing groups were waiting, sitting on the grass, having a smoke and the like.

Next thing we knew one of the lads in our party was sleeping like a baby on the grass, laid out on his back.

We went to wake him up, but one of the lads thought (f him) it would be funnier if we left him in the sun to sleep it off. His cap was removed and by all accounts he was awoken by a couple of members about 90 minutes later, but fair play....he just picked up his bag and walked off!!

By the time he had caught up with us he was absolutely "GLOWING" after laying in the sun.

Our party was politely advised not to use the clubhouse facilities after our round, and our mate looked like papa ribena for the best part of a fortnight after the event.

HAVE A GREAT SHOW!!!