You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

correct to check back on river?

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Opinions on this hand please.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance Small blind £0.05£0.05£19.99dominon105Big blind £0.10£0.15£15.53 Your hole cards99   The_Don90Raise £0.40£0.55£7.42furberFold     Call £0.35£0.90£19.64dominon105Fold    Flop  K10Q    Check    The_Don90Check    Turn  J    Check    The_Don90Bet £0.45£1.35£6.97 Call £0.45£1.80£19.19River  5    Check    The_Don90Check     ShowJ8   The_Don90Show99   The_Don90WinStraight to the King£1.66 £8.63

Comments

• edited December 2010

No, it cant be correct to check back the river!

You have the 2nd nuts, and very rarely is the villain checking the Ace.

A value bet has to be made, surely! Also, I would be betting more on the turn.

As you can see he was prepared to call on the turn with just the J,  (and pre with j8 oop... ugh) so im pretty sure he pays a small bet off on the river.

• edited December 2010
    bet fold 70p

he can call with loads of 2pr hands here.

in future edit out results.
  • edited December 2010
    Don I think you checked as you are still playing above your bankroll!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I keep trying to tell you mate!

I know 4nl can be frustrating but not as much as going broke!
  • edited December 2010

If your going to play higher than your roll then consider it recreational money and you can't be scared of losing that cash, otherwise you will minimise your wins and fold your way to broke town :) .

Choose tables carefully if your playing over your normal level. Within each level there will be tables with high average pots that you can watch for a while, suss out who's willing to call it off light and take advantage from there. If it's scared moeny your going to make incorrect decisions.