You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Network error pop up's again....

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
that's it really, any reason for this sky?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Network error pop up's again....:
    that's it really, any reason for this sky?
    Posted by BananaDog
    Hi

Sorry, this is something I cannot help with, but I have sent a note to Adam to get back to you.

Many thanks

Sky Mod
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Network error pop up's again....:
    In Response to Network error pop up's again.... : Hi Sorry, this is something I cannot help with, but I have sent a note to Adam to get back to you. Many thanks Sky Mod
    Posted by Sky_Mod4
    ty
  • edited December 2010
    ive had this a couple of times as well, if you cant get logged on, i suggest you close the downloadable client and use the internet version instead, thats what i did.
  • edited December 2010
    ive had this a couple of times as well, if you cant get logged on, i suggest you close the downloadable client and use the internet version instead, thats what i did.
    Posted by loonytoons
    thanks loony but it's as im playing a game...happens on download and web versions
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Network error pop up's again.... : thanks loony but it's as im playing a game...happens on download and web versions
    Posted by BananaDog
    i have had this error pop up aswell .in the middle of a game and right in the middle of the screen covering up the community cards !!:((((((((
  • edited December 2010
    So have I and i havent downloaded
  • edited December 2010
    Hi Bananadog,

The Network error pop up on the download poker lobby is displayed when your internet connection has dropped. The Lobby pop-up has a 'Retry' button which will allow you to reconnect once the connection has been restored.

If you are seeing the pop up whilst playing, then I'd expect this will be an intermittent blip and therefore will reconnect on your 1st retry. Is that what happens?

If you were viewing the web lobby at this time instead, then it would also cause a dropped connection, however you probably wouldn't be aware that this had happened, because there is no message on the website to inform you.

On the poker tables, both download and web versions handle dropped internet connections in the same way. The tables will automatically try to reconnect multiple times, eventually if this is unsuccessful then you will be disconnected and receive a 'Reload' or 'Close' message.

If you are receiving the pop up message when trying to run the application from your desktop then it means

1) You have no internet connection
    2) The connections is being blocked by software on your machine, E.G. Anti-Virus software, Firewalls etc
    3) The connection is being blocked by the ISP/Network owner (E.G. If you are at work they may block the connection to a poker room)

The network error pop up itself is not a problem, it's simply there to highlight that a connection has dropped,  it's difficult for us to then diagnose the exact reason behind it.

If you report the fault through customer care, they will record all the information which we would need to try and assist you from a technical perspective, although it's probably worth contacting your Internet Service Provider too to advise that your internet connection is dropping regularly.

Kind Regards

Adam

• edited December 2010
    Ta Adam...it pop's up but carries on playing normally so must just be a fraction of a second thing.
    Mind you, if it stops me playing hands then I might actually cash more! hahaha
  • edited December 2010
    same nana niiiiiiiiiiiiii x