You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Am I wasting my time on lower limit tables?

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hi all

Been playing poker for about a year now and was wondering if anybody has any advice on playing the lower limit tables, have been trying to take on board tips from sky poker players and presenters about position, betting patterns etc, problem is I find that on these tables people will call with just about anything and nine times out of ten hit their cards. I am not experienced enough to play on higher limit tables yet but feel like im never going to improve by playing on lower limit tables  any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    play tight bet strong when you have big hands its really that simple. also you will find alot of opponents will be loose and passive so when they start raising your bets you should only continue with very strong holding
  • edited December 2010
    they don't hit nine times out of ten... you remember when they hit, nine times out of ten...
  • edited December 2010
    You could just become a nit at these tables. There are 1000s of players that won't realise what you're doing, which is waiting for JJ+ AJ+. Your'll be amazed at how many calls you get, and how much you get paid off?!

/Chez
  • jgnjgn
    edited December 2010
    if it doesnt destroys your bankroll and  if you making good profit on those tables and you think you can out play these players somtimes yes u may lose but u learn from it as well because people might play that style on higger levels. if thats the case i would defo take it to the level.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Am I wasting my time on lower limit tables?:
    they don't hit nine times out of ten... you remember when they hit, nine times out of ten...
    Posted by BlackFish3
    totally agree
  • edited December 2010
    as long as your are making money at the 2p 4p level then move up if u can afford it but if u are not making money at this level then u wont make money at higher levels
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Saying they hit 9 times out of 10 is an expression, however when I raise and 5 others call which is what happens a lot of the time, chances of someone hitting a better hand is pretty high.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Am I wasting my time on lower limit tables? : Saying they hit 9 times out of 10 is an expression, however when I raise and 5 others call which is what happens a lot of the time, chances of someone hitting a better hand is pretty high.
    Posted by mallrat12
    I agree that you get a lot more callers on low level and it does seem that they always out draw you.  This is not the case though!!  I had three bad beats the other day with Aces and Kings.  Feeling stressed I came here and asked what the percentage was for KK against TT &  77.  I was told KK wins around 65% of the time and I had just had a bad run.  Since then I have noted down every time I'm all in with Top pockets and can tell you that I'm winning 60% of the time (even won with 4 callers to my Aces and they did not improve from the deck!)

I now feel a lot more confident about playing these hands against these loose maniacs and actually like it when 2 or more call!