You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad Call?

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xx Small blind  200.00 200.00 5674.63
Bob10 Big blind  400.00 600.00 6206.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

TONY509 Fold     
marios1964 Fold     
LnarinOO Fold     
iBLUFF Raise  1200.00 1800.00 6755.00
xxAll-in  5674.63 7474.63 0.00
Bob10 Fold     
iBLUFF Call  4674.63 12149.26 2080.37
xx Show
  • Q
  • A

iBLUFF Show
  • A

Flop

• J

Turn

River

xxWin Pair of 7s 12149.26  12149.26
this was basily my exit hand in primo, at first i thought i played it well but now im not so sure could i of found a better spot to get my chips in?

Comments

• edited December 2010

A 3 bet with A 10 on the button against just the blinds is fair play.  But to call a re-raise all in for your tournie life is risky, because at best you are in a race.  With over 16 BBs behind, find another spot.

• edited December 2010
    Tricky and mainly dependant on the villain and image I think.

* Have you been opening the button a lot?
    * Has the big blind been playing back at you when you (or anyone else) has attacked his blinds?
    * Is he loose/tight?
    * Does he think you're loose or tight?
    * Are either you or him likely to be steaming?

All of those questions need to be asked to get an honest answer I think. However, without that info I call - I'm getting 7 to 4 on the call and my hand must match up well against his shoving range out of the big blind. I say that... I've not done the Pokerstove on it, but it can't be too bad vs a range like:

Any pocket pair
    ATo+
    A8s+
    KQ+
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad Call?:
    Tricky and mainly dependant on the villain and image I think. * Have you been opening the button a lot? * Has the big blind been playing back at you when you (or anyone else) has attacked his blinds? * Is he loose/tight? * Does he think you're loose or tight? * Are either you or him likely to be steaming? All of those questions need to be asked to get an honest answer I think. However, without that info I call - I'm getting 7 to 4 on the call and my hand must match up well against his shoving range out of the big blind. I say that... I've not done the Pokerstove on it, but it can't be too bad vs a range like: Any pocket pair ATo+ A8s+ KQ+
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    i dont have that many reads on him but i had been playing really loose..
  • edited December 2010
    I think its a bad call 16 bigs behind.Mind you i only call with aa kk
  • edited December 2010
    fold 4 me and find a better spot 16 big lots of play still maybe make the opening raise smaller when the blinds are big like this just save u some money
  • edited December 2010
    fold 4 me and find a better spot 16 big lots of play still maybe make the opening raise smaller when the blinds are big like this just save u some money
    Posted by rob12345
    thanks all for ur comments, i have to agree with u all but as this was my first time in primo or any big tomrey on sky i think i just bottled it.anyway somethink to work on if i ever play primo again.thanks
  • edited December 2010
    i just open shove the button with these hands and stack size its just easier lol i think a 10 is good enough to open call a shove tho
  • edited December 2010
    i open to 1000 ish, and fold to a shove.

A10 is not a hand to call a shove here imo unless villain is 3 bet shoving a lot and is very loose.

But, its not the worst call in the world.
  • edited December 2010
    i open to 1000 ish, and fold to a shove. A10 is not a hand to call a shove here imo unless villain is 3 bet shoving a lot and is very loose. But, its not the worst call in the world.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    hi greg he has been pretty tight but i had been stealing alot and a few hands earlier i got called bluffing with 10 high (coz its the nuts) so i was thinking he could have 22 to about 88 here and be thinking im stealing, and he had a good chance of taking me off the hand.having said that i think my call was pretty bad to but that just be because i saw the cards....
  • edited December 2010
    i open to 1000 ish, and fold to a shove. A10 is not a hand to call a shove here imo unless villain is 3 bet shoving a lot and is very loose. But, its not the worst call in the world.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    your not wrong greg thats why i just open shove then i cant fold my hand to worse, im not sure if its the right way to look at it but its what i does
  • jgnjgn
    edited December 2010
    thats a really bad call but the raise was good until he re raise then you got to let it go  i think a q or higher to call.
  • edited December 2010
    thats a really bad call but the raise was good until he re raise then you got to let it go  i think a q or higher to call.
    Posted by jgn
    yeah i agree looking back at it now i think it was a pretty bad call becasue he was playing tight aswell...
  • jgnjgn
    edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad Call? : yeah i agree looking back at it now i think it was a pretty bad call becasue he was playing tight aswell...
    Posted by iBLUFF
    great minds think a like lol
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad Call? : great minds think a like lol
    Posted by jgn
    haha
  • edited December 2010
    Call is fine. If you've got quite a loose image, then it's likely he's making a stand against you with a lot worse than AQ. There's 8 hands you really don't want to see- AK/AQ/AJ/AA/KK/QQ/JJ/TT. Pretty much anything else is good for you, and you've invested a fairly large portion of your stack just with the raise. He's just as likely to make the play with a lot worse than AQ (KQ/KJ/A7/A8/A9) as well as marginal pps- if you've been opening a lot, possibly even hands like 910s/10Js etc. If he's been extremely quiet throughout, and not getting out of line, then I'd perhaps let him have this one. But I think quite often A10 is a good enough hand to get your chips in and go for the double up- you've invested 3bbs and it's only costing another 11.5 now to call. His range matches up fairly well against that I think.
  • edited December 2010
    Call is fine. If you've got quite a loose image, then it's likely he's making a stand against you with a lot worse than AQ. There's 8 hands you really don't want to see- AK/AQ/AJ/AA/KK/QQ/JJ/TT. Pretty much anything else is good for you, and you've invested a fairly large portion of your stack just with the raise. He's just as likely to make the play with a lot worse than AQ (KQ/KJ/A7/A8/A9) as well as marginal pps- if you've been opening a lot, possibly even hands like 910s/10Js etc. If he's been extremely quiet throughout, and not getting out of line, then I'd perhaps let him have this one. But I think quite often A10 is a good enough hand to get your chips in and go for the double up- you've invested 3bbs and it's only costing another 11.5 now to call. His range matches up fairly well against that I think.
    Posted by DeucesLive
    thansk for the advice deuces, half of the posts say i played it well and half said i didnt so im not sure.but i dont think i made the right call tbh as he has been tight at the table and when he shoves i surely gotta give him respect for  a hand.But on the other hand if he knows i steal blinds alot like he does he could be doing that with anythink from 22 thinking i will just fold.... confused <!!!!!!!