You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Would you play this any other way?

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Right I got my read spot on that he didnt have an ace here!

What do you think of my re raise bet size on flop?

With that in mind should i of shoved flop or turn here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
donkeyplop Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £7.57
shaun09 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £8.21
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

lee06 Fold        
xxx
Raise   £0.24 £0.36 £7.68
Broca Fold        
Albicele Fold        
donkeyplop Raise   £0.84 £1.20 £6.73
shaun09 Fold        
xxx
Call   £0.64 £1.84 £7.04
Flop

• A
  • A

donkeyplop Check        
xxx
Bet   £1.04 £2.88 £6.00
donkeyplop Raise   £3.00 £5.88 £3.73
xxx
Call   £1.96 £7.84 £4.04
Turn

donkeyplop All-in   £3.73 £11.57 £0.00
xxx
Call   £3.73 £15.30 £0.31
donkeyplop Show
  • Q
  • Q

xxx
Show
  • J
  • Q

River

• K

xxx
Win Flush to the King £14.15   £14.46

Comments

• edited December 2010
    to be honest I think you played it really well - if you had reads on him being an obvious maniac station.

Id be really worried about that Ace if it were me due to the raise oop pre flop. Especially when he flats the flop - could not really have shoved the flop btw beacause of the two Aces.

By the turn you had to shove or check fold (Which by this stage is really tricky to do) and as long as it was a read on him being a maniac station then good shout - only you can answer that. Really well played though mate, just soooo unlucky.

you were 93% chances to win when you reraised the flop 81% on the turn - nothing wrong with that!!!
  • edited December 2010
    if you didnt think he had an ace why did you reraise the flop as he should of folded? allin on turn is ok if you think he calls with pocket 10s kind of hand
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Would you play this any other way?:
    if you didnt think he had an ace why did you reraise the flop as he should of folded? allin on turn is ok if you think he calls with pocket 10s kind of hand
    Posted by N1CK
    Us microstakes players are told over and over again to bet bet bet when we get a decent hand and think we are ahead. 

The fact that, although the reraise indicates strength, it is very rarely folded so is this not a good move to build the pot?  Do you think it would be better to call the flop and hopefully let them hang themselves on turn or river?
  • edited December 2010
    i think the point is if his super read that he doesnt have an ace (which i am pretty sceptical on anyway w/o previous hh's of him bluffing a lot) then he is bluffing almost always so to get the most money out him we should just let him bluff his stack off
  • edited December 2010
    i wouldnt raise flop personally. just to echo wots been said, if u think he is bluffin then why raise? (majority of players fold q high to ur raise on flop lol) call and let him continue his story.
  • edited December 2010
    I raised to try and get the money in, which worked, then he rivered me lol.