You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl, 3 handed, tp + fd..........

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Think the 3rd player must have sat out, but the game had been 3 handed for 15-20 minutes.

Not played with villain for a while - but he used to be really aggressive, with moves, and liked to mix it up. I probably should have stood, as there wasn't much value in playing him heads up - but the other guy at the table kept sitting in and out, and he had a 300+bb stack, which I had my eye on.

The game so far had been surprisingly tight. I can only assume both were multi-tabling, I was raising 80% of buttons, and getting alot through pre flop.

I was surprised, as I expected the villain here to 3 bet me more often, but maybe he didn't want to play against me oop, I dunno.

So when he 3 bets me this time, I can put him on a narrower range than I normally would. I think the way he's been playing, he just flats with 22-77.

AJ + suited pictures, 88+ maybe occasionally some mid suited cons, but I really think this is unlikely with how tight he has been playing.

I call, coz I'm heads up, in position with a suited King - the size of the 3 bet is also kinda small, I can't really fold.

2 questions.....

Should I be happy to raise and get it in on this flop ?

Should I make a value bet on the end?

Not many reads on how the villain has been playing post flop, he will c bet all his pocket pairs, his kings, and his flush draws.

He will fire again on the turn with kings, sets and flush draws, I don't think he barrells with 77-QQ unless he has turned a set.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £31.43
hurst05 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £40.78
  Your hole cards
  • K

DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.75 £1.20 £30.68
hurst05 Raise  £1.80 £3.00 £38.98
DOHHHHHHH Call  £1.20 £4.20 £29.48
Flop

• K

hurst05 Bet  £3.15 £7.35 £35.83
DOHHHHHHH Call  £3.15 £10.50 £26.33
Turn

• J

hurst05 Bet  £5.25 £15.75 £30.58
DOHHHHHHH Call  £5.25 £21.00 £21.08
River

hurst05 Check    

Comments

• edited December 2010
    kinda similar to hand YOUNG_GUN posted the other day, i prefer just calling unless either
    a) he stacks off with worse made hands because he 'puts you on a fd'
    b) he is likely to 3bet bluff the flop

• edited December 2010

You're post on that thread did come into my mind when it was my turn to act on the flop.

But so did beaneh's post disagreeing with you.

And I was annoyed that I hadn't read the end of that thread at the time.

Does it not change as I have position, a pretty good idea of how the villain has been playing and it's heads up?

And do u value bet the river? - I think the term is "I ran in to the top of his range" this time - I'm happy with how I played the hand, I should have lost a stack,

• edited December 2010
    personally i check river otherwise your turning into a bluff when you have showdown, never is he folding out worse
  • edited December 2010
    i think raise the flop to about 9-10pounds as this is a dream flop for you why not get as much money as u can in now?
  • edited December 2010
    i dont think you have to call pre but as played i think you played it fine id just check back the river and give up
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: 30nl, 3 handed, tp + fd..........:
    You're post on that thread did come into my mind when it was my turn to act on the flop. But so did beaneh's post disagreeing with you. And I was annoyed that I hadn't read the end of that thread at the time. Does it not change as I have position, a pretty good idea of how the villain has been playing and it's heads up? And do u value bet the river? - I think the term is "I ran in to the top of his range" this time - I'm happy with how I played the hand, I should have lost a stack,
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

if its heads up its alot mroe likely hes bluffing so calling is better
    us having position also makes calling more attractive rather than if we were oop.
    checking back the river is fine unless you feel he will try and hero call vs alot of busted draws you can have
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: 30nl, 3 handed, tp + fd.......... : if its heads up its alot mroe likely hes bluffing so calling is better us having position also makes calling more attractive rather than if we were oop. checking back the river is fine unless you feel he will try and hero call vs alot of busted draws you can have
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    whats the worse hand you feel he could make a hero call with bearing in mind the action pf and the lead on the flop and turn? AJ?
  • jgnjgn
    edited December 2010
    im raising the flop 2 £7 if get re raised i let it go.
  • edited December 2010
    shove allin ;) actually can remember this hand playing out but not exactly sure on what i had, think i had A-K if my memory serves me well. i was happy to win what was already in the middle if you checked back and also was calling any bet you made.
  • edited December 2010
    i havent changed my style of play, just i was watching the cricket, multi-tabling 5-6 tables and eating a sandwiche lolol
  • edited December 2010
    I would raise flop to 9, then stack off instantly.  As played I would also check behind on the river.
  • edited December 2010
    shove allin ;) actually can remember this hand playing out but not exactly sure on what i had, think i had A-K if my memory serves me well. i was happy to win what was already in the middle if you checked back and also was calling any bet you made.
    Posted by hurst05
    if you was calling any river bet why didnt you value bet yourself?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: 30nl, 3 handed, tp + fd.......... : if you was calling any river bet why didnt you value bet yourself?
    Posted by N1CK
    because i put him on just the flush draw (nothing stronger), and with the way dohhhhhh plays (in past battles) i know he will bet v.strongly on the end when someone checks. therefore why bet the end when i dont think he will call, playing this hand vs dohhhhhh over and over again for a long period of time i think theres more value in checking. im pretty confident he was close to popping a decent bet in here but as it happens it was a good check behind by him and i didnt expect him to be as strong as he was, which suprised me even more when he just checked. 
  • edited December 2010

The check against me is good - I "hang myself" for a living.

• edited December 2010
    I'd bet something small on river 1/3-1/2 pot sometimes check it back if he's being especially nitty. I wouldn't be happy with my life if he bet the river again.
  • edited December 2010
    im raising the flop 2 £7 if get re raised i let it go.
    Posted by jgn
    this is worst thing u can do
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: 30nl, 3 handed, tp + fd.......... : because i put him on just the flush draw (nothing stronger), and with the way dohhhhhh plays (in past battles) i know he will bet v.strongly on the end when someone checks. therefore why bet the end when i dont think he will call, playing this hand vs dohhhhhh over and over again for a long period of time i think theres more value in checking. im pretty confident he was close to popping a decent bet in here but as it happens it was a good check behind by him and i didnt expect him to be as strong as he was, which suprised me even more when he just checked. 
    Posted by hurst05
    i thought this is why you checked it, the trouble here is you can lose a bit of value from hands he would call a weak bet with pocket pair, kx etc, so if you bet small  he can call with worse or it can look  like a blocker  which he interprets as weak which can induce something from him, imo you get the best of both like this