You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AJo Really That Strong? [I Say No, and Lucky]

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
reevio Small blind   150.00 150.00 12804.00
hathechewe Big blind   300.00 450.00 8202.50
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

ujkucakran Fold        
VILLAINS Raise   900.00 1350.00 8645.00
DevilTrap Fold        
BCShadow Raise   2100.00 3450.00 3317.50
reevio Fold        
hathechewe Fold        
VILLAINS All-in   8645.00 12095.00 0.00
BCShadow All-in   3317.50 15412.50 0.00
VILLAINS Unmatched bet   4127.50 11285.00 4127.50
VILLAINS Show
  • J
  • A

BCShadow Show
  • J
  • J

Flop

• A

Turn

• Q

River

VILLAINS Win Pair of Aces 11285.00   15412.50
I'm not producing this post to wonder if I played this correctly, with my stack size and read, I know I made the right call... However, did he?

After his raise and my reraise, is AJo really strong enough to pop? He had more than enough big blinds... Maybe the fact I had position on him meant he thought I was 3betting a smaller A than his.

Personally I fold AJo to a reraise unless Im short stacked, which he wasn't and which I was. I'll deffo be keeping notes on this fella and will be happy to put my money in against him. He won this race, but Im sure Im the quicker!

/Chez

Comments

• jgnjgn
    edited December 2010
    i agree with you about the re raise to put you all in but i think shove all in after the first raise.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: AJo Really That Strong? [I Say No, and Lucky]:
    i agree with you about the re raise to put you all in but i think shove all in after the first raise.
    Posted by jgn
    His pop is what I disgaree with the most. Sure, raise with AJo, try and steal the blinds. With the way I was playing though, he knew I wasn't a weak player, and wouldn't be re raising with rags. I guess AJo is one of those hands people go happy about and just can't let go!

This is variance and I accept it fully, I just dislike that it happened to me! Haha.
  • jgnjgn
    edited December 2010

happens to every1 but its game mate what can we do lol

• edited December 2010
    happens to every1 but its game mate what can we do lol
    Posted by jgn
    Very true. It's a shame he had previously been playing loose with his raises since he got his stack at the 10k mark. I personally don't think he gave me the respect I deserved once playing back at him, but as I said previously, what should I expect from a holder with AJo!
  • edited December 2010
    Similar thing happened to me the other day (mind you it was in the freeroll!). Short-stack under the gun shoved (JJ); I was next to act, had QQ, raised to eliminate other junk hands, then a guy shoves with AQ in the bb. I call as theres too much in the pot then get outdrawn with an Ace on the River - out of the tourney next hand as was too short.

It happens I'm afraid, but thats poker - 9 times out of 10 I take out two players there, but your never completely dead pf no matter if your crushed so there will be occasions you will get outdrawn.

Ul on that hand mate.
  • edited December 2010
    Similar thing happened to me the other day (mind you it was in the freeroll!). Short-stack under the gun shoved (JJ); I was next to act, had QQ, raised to eliminate other junk hands, then a guy shoves with AQ in the bb. I call as theres too much in the pot then get outdrawn with an Ace on the River - out of the tourney next hand as was too short. It happens I'm afraid, but thats poker - 9 times out of 10 I take out two players there, but your never completely dead pf no matter if your crushed so there will be occasions you will get outdrawn. Ul on that hand mate.
    Posted by SALT1R3
    As my friend says, "Any Two Cards Can Win"!

That AQo/s, should feel they are racing or behind which is was and should of folded. With two all ins, I'd let each fight it out and see my AQo/s as too weak. Well, that's my personal opinion. Of course, it would of been a different matter if you both limped and they shoved, they'd feel with the action before them that AQo/s was good.

/C
  • edited December 2010
    shove pre no point 3betting to 2100 with only 3k behind.
    you know his shove was bad, he doesnt. thats how we make money
  • edited December 2010
    shove pre no point 3betting to 2100 with only 3k behind. you know his shove was bad, he doesnt. thats how we make money
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

This