You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

big chip stack v smaller chip stack

edited December 2010 in Area 51
Been playing on sky for years but even i am starting to think they are taking the preverbial now.

If you have A K and a bigger chip stack has AQ he WILL 2 out of three times hit his queen when he calls you.

If you have KQ and a bigger chip stack calls you with KJ he will hit his J 2 out of three times.

After just playing yet another game where the big chip stack calls with a lesser hand and hits it's starting to not be annoying but predictable.

trip 7s being called by A 2  with a 4,5 flop is almost garunteed that the 3 comes (and it did).

Fully aware of races against two overs and odds etc but this just DEFy's the ODDS

Every one who plays know you get people who get lucky but the odds over time should not change.I put it to all the people with smaller BR's log the amount of times you are beaten by the bigger chip stack by a lesser hand and it will dawn on you something is not right.Please do not spurt range and pot odds at me i am fully aware of these.AA/KK should win 80% of the time but this does not hold true against a bigger chip stack.Why does the bigger chip stack seem to have an unfair advantage.I know people sugguest it is certain people but i can say i don't find it is the person but the size of the stack.Yet again tonight 2 games busted 4 times by people with lesser hands but bigger chipstacks (rebuy before you ask).Losing 4 times on the trot to lesser hands when all in go's against all odds.It happens most nights now! Is anyone else finding this?I'm no dummy and i'm not a brilliant poker player thats for sure but i do understand odds and this to me does not add up.Now starting a log as i am absolutely positive RNG is broken or i am the unluckiest player ever.    

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to big chip stack v smaller chip stack:
    Been playing on sky for years but even i am starting to think they are taking the preverbial now. If you have A K and a bigger chip stack has AQ he WILL 2 out of three times hit his queen when he calls you. If you have KQ and a bigger chip stack calls you with KJ he will hit his J 2 out of three times. After just playing yet another game where the big chip stack calls with a lesser hand and hits it's starting to not be annoying but predictable. trip 7s being called by A 2  with a 4,5 flop is almost garunteed that the 3 comes (and it did). Fully aware of races against two overs and odds etc but this just DEFy's the ODDS Every one who plays know you get people who get lucky but the odds over time should not change.I put it to all the people with smaller BR's log the amount of times you are beaten by the bigger chip stack by a lesser hand and it will dawn on you something is not right.Please do not spurt range and pot odds at me i am fully aware of these.AA/KK should win 80% of the time but this does not hold true against a bigger chip stack.Why does the bigger chip stack seem to have an unfair advantage.I know people sugguest it is certain people but i can say i don't find it is the person but the size of the stack.Yet again tonight 2 games busted 4 times by people with lesser hands but bigger chipstacks (rebuy before you ask).Losing 4 times on the trot to lesser hands when all in go's against all odds.It happens most nights now! Is anyone else finding this?I'm no dummy and i'm not a brilliant poker player thats for sure but i do understand odds and this to me does not add up.Now starting a log as i am absolutely positive RNG is broken or i am the unluckiest player ever.    
    Posted by snorky
    almost always
  • edited December 2010
    Been playing on sky for years but even i am starting to think they are taking the preverbial now. If you have A K and a bigger chip stack has AQ he WILL 2 out of three times hit his queen when he calls you. If you have KQ and a bigger chip stack calls you with KJ he will hit his J 2 out of three times. After just playing yet another game where the big chip stack calls with a lesser hand and hits it's starting to not be annoying but predictable. trip 7s being called by A 2  with a 4,5 flop is almost garunteed that the 3 comes (and it did). Fully aware of races against two overs and odds etc but this just DEFy's the ODDS Every one who plays know you get people who get lucky but the odds over time should not change.I put it to all the people with smaller BR's log the amount of times you are beaten by the bigger chip stack by a lesser hand and it will dawn on you something is not right.Please do not spurt range and pot odds at me i am fully aware of these.AA/KK should win 80% of the time but this does not hold true against a bigger chip stack.Why does the bigger chip stack seem to have an unfair advantage.I know people sugguest it is certain people but i can say i don't find it is the person but the size of the stack.Yet again tonight 2 games busted 4 times by people with lesser hands but bigger chipstacks (rebuy before you ask).Losing 4 times on the trot to lesser hands when all in go's against all odds.It happens most nights now! Is anyone else finding this?I'm no dummy and i'm not a brilliant poker player thats for sure but i do understand odds and this to me does not add up.Now starting a log as i am absolutely positive RNG is broken or i am the unluckiest player ever.    
    Posted by snorky
    hey snorky i started a thread a while back (on page 4 of area 51 i think now) it may help you as i was mid-crash when i started it... hope it helps and gl
    bob
  • edited December 2010
     Their as been plenty of times when I have been small stacked and got back into a tourney thanks to the big stack calling my all-ins and me winning. Also plenty of times when I have bled of chips to the small stack when I have been chip leader!
     It will seem as the big stack always seems to win if all you remember is the hands were you get busted out! Its called selective memory and lots of poker players seem to suffer from it!

• edited December 2010
    PS if you really believe the big stack always seems to win then become the big stack! SIMPLES! :)
  • edited December 2010

Listen to the donut !!!

He talks alot of sense for a bloke whos brains are made of jam.

12 months and 20 days for you to win a main event and prove me right,

Get working on those satellites !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2010
    Been playing on sky for years but even i am starting to think they are taking the preverbial now. If you have A K and a bigger chip stack has AQ he WILL <1 out of three times hit his queen when he calls you. If you have KQ and a bigger chip stack calls you with KJ he will hit his J <1 out of three times. After just playing yet another game where the big chip stack calls with a lesser hand and hits it's starting to not be annoying but predictable. trip 7s being called by A 2  with a 4,5 flop is , <20% that the 3 comes (and it did). Fully aware of races against two overs and odds etc but this just DEFy's the ODDS Every one who plays know you get people who get lucky but the odds over time should not change.I put it to all the people with smaller BR's log the amount of times you are beaten by the bigger chip stack by a lesser hand and it will dawn on you something is not right.Please do not spurt range and pot odds at me i am fully aware of these.AA/KK should win 80% of the time but this does not hold true against a bigger chip stack.Why does the bigger chip stack seem to have an unfair advantage.I know people sugguest it is certain people but i can say i don't find it is the person but the size of the stack.Yet again tonight 2 games busted 4 times by people with lesser hands but bigger chipstacks (rebuy before you ask).Losing 4 times on the trot to lesser hands when all in go's against all odds.It happens most nights now! Is anyone else finding this?I'm no dummy and i'm not a brilliant poker player thats for sure but i do understand odds and this to me does not add up.Now starting a log as i am absolutely positive RNG is broken or i am the unluckiest player ever.    
    Posted by snorky
    FYP. Also, how can someone have trip 7s on a flop of A-4-5 :S
  • edited December 2010

Wondered how long it would be before someone mentioned being a big chipstack.
    My post is observational it is what i am observing as i play, or what i have seen as i have played over the last 3/4 months etc.As for trip seven on an A,4 5 flop lol that would be difficult but not actually what my post sais.

I am all for ups and downs in poker and all for AA being busted perhaps three times in a row it should theorectically even itself out over far more hands however I am not just suffering this as a player i am observing it on tables I am railing.Going all in against a big chipstack when you are deep into a tourney is proving to be time and time again "get your coat time".

This is not a bad beat post some you win some you lose,I was quite happy playing 5 quid games but TBH i just cannot coninue doing that under these what i see as present conditions. Back to playing donc poker as i get the distinct feeling something somewhere is unbalanced.My personal opinion of course and not one i have formed over one or two games.I've been watching it happen on games i'm not playing.As for selective memory possible when having been dumped out of a tourney but not really if your monitoring tables.I stand by my point of view and have gone back to playing pound tables while i ponder what to do.Poker is fun but i'm not just throwing money away there are perfectly reasonable charities :)   

• edited December 2010
    Lol even on the pound tables.Another night of watching the big chip stack crucify the small chip stack.

On the up side i have found a way to beat the big chip stack.Push all in and cross your arms ,legs,toes fingers and hope he folds.If he calls you are out full stop.

Yes they have the chips to make the call but why does this affect the odds (it shouldn't) and if you are in a race and he has two over cards you are surely 53/47 on and with one over the odds must be more in your favour so why do you lose over 66 percent of the time.
    I/m not the only person noticing this by the way i haven't worked out how to include split pots in this either as that seems to happen too much as well.Basically having the bigger chip stack in an all in scenario gives you an advantage but why? Am watching other final tables so as not to seem biased ie it's just my rubbish play.

Not convinced so far and if anything this is getting worse.IMO.If i see this even out i will put my hands up and say bah i was wrong but more and more i'm convinced i'm right.Have yet to work out how the hell this benifits sky poker admittedly lol.Not losing my house and play for fun but somehow me thinks i am going to have to seriously adjust my game to accomodate the phenomenem.hmmmmmmmmmmm  
  • edited December 2010
    The part where you say that it happens while you are only RAILING tables does indeed suggest to me that this is NOT any kind of moan or bad beat story.I myself have noticed this on many many occasions whilst playing and railing,and tbh if i go in against a shorty late on in a tourny with any 2 cards then no matter how far ahead they are then i DO expect to win and i would expect this outcome 90% of the time.
  • edited December 2010
    Actually Debs its 71.8% of the time they win lol.
    Thats according to my count over the last few weeks in dym and mtt
  • edited December 2010
    My point exactly. It's not right is it.

It's not just me some thing is wrong wrong wrong
  • edited December 2010
    yet agin jj race aq aq wins bigger chip stack.

please if i go outside and my hair gets wet do not tell me it is not raining.

it's not right it's fixed and anyone who thinks its not an idiot  lol
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: big chip stack v smaller chip stack:
    yet agin jj race aq aq wins bigger chip stack. please if i go outside and my hair gets wet do not tell me it is not raining. it's not right it's fixed and anyone who thinks its not an idiot  lol
    Posted by snorky
     Nope the idiots are the ones that play in a game that they believe is fixed!
  • edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    same old sh it every time
    izabel Small blind  200.00 200.00 3862.50
    igimc Big blind  400.00 600.00 5173.75
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

dredzz Fold     
    stevew44 Raise  1200.00 1800.00 13700.00
    BA100 Fold     
    cliodhna24 Fold     
    izabel Fold     
    igimc All-in  5173.75 6973.75 0.00
    stevew44 Call  4373.75 11347.50 9326.25
    igimc Show
    • K
    • K

stevew44 Show
    • Q
    • A

Flop

• A

Turn

River

stevew44 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 9s 11347.50
  • edited December 2010

As promised called by the big chip stack who has nothing what so ever.

Admitedly you could say the over bet was because i had nothing and may have been a giveaway but he is calling with ten high and a 4d but he submits a major part of his chip stack whilst he has nothing what so ever.

Needles to say i already know if he calls me he will hit.He does call me and of course he hits.He is going to hit over 70 percent of the time.

I don't make this up this happens.

Now my bet is poor and would not have been made if it wasn't for a substantial part of his chip stack I admit it would be a give away if someone is sat on ak kq but calling on 10 4.(he's more than entitled to but commit a large part of his chip stack on ten high and hitting the flush i could have had the 6 of diamonds lol.he has called because he has the big chip stack and knows he has a 70 percent chance of winning. 

This is not a conspiracy this is observation.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    snorky Small blind  150.00 150.00 1605.00
    00000 Big blind  300.00 450.00 3390.00
      Your hole cards
    • J

Fold     
     Fold     
     Fold     
    snorky Raise  450.00 900.00 1155.00
    00000Call  300.00 1200.00 3090.00
    Flop

• Q

snorky All-in  1155.00 2355.00 0.00
    00000Call  1155.00 3510.00 1935.00
    snorky Show
    • J

000000Show

Turn

River

000000Win Two Pairs, 10s and 9s

• edited December 2010
    Snorky mate i have played this site for 17 months and all you say is correct by my observations and i cannot argue with any of your comments at all,xxx
  • edited December 2010
    happens to me all the time, today even, a10 i shove called with 56, hits his 5 on flop then 6 on turn. floppy flop flop!
  • edited December 2010

Most of the night again dumped out by silly calls by big chipstacks always winning(well a ridiculously high percentage of the time)

someone tell me i am wrong here, someone tell me that what i am watching is not happening game after game after game.

BIGEEZY Small blind  100.00 100.00 1877.50
    snorky Big blind  200.00 300.00 1215.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

1964ever16 Fold     
     Call  200.00 500.00 4045.00
    Shadowman Fold     
    nervesof Raise  400.00 900.00 1427.50
    BIGEEZY Fold     
    snorky All-in  1215.00 2115.00 0.00
     Call  1215.00 3330.00 2830.00
    nervesof Fold     
    snorky Show
    • A
    • J

Show
    • K

Flop

• K
    • J

Turn

River

freedom of speech denied  Win Two Pairs, Kings and 2s 3330.00  6160.00

• edited December 2010

Yet again miles ahead big chip stack takes down the pot.Getting just a little bit tired of this.

Seriously i am not noticing this just on my hands i spend the whole game looking for the amount of times the big chip stack takes down the pot when behind.

It's meant to happen less than 50 percent of the time and this is not happening.

if i am ahead then i must be over 50 percent to win the pot so i should win perhaps 51-55 percent MINIMUM

I lose over seventy percent of the time and this is not selective memory as i am watching others doing it all the time.

How when i have trips and a big chip stack go's all Can i not call some one? please tell me how i am supposed to walk away from this.

I Give up

pines Small blind  25.00 25.00 5025.00
    surfrider Big blind  50.00 75.00 2315.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

slippysid Call  50.00 125.00 6930.00
    breadhead Fold     
    snorky Call  50.00 175.00 3655.00
    ROSSBOY Call  50.00 225.00 1660.00
     Raise  300.00 525.00 4725.00
    surfrider Fold     
    slippysid Call  275.00 800.00 6655.00
    snorky Call  275.00 1075.00 3380.00
    ROSSBOY Call  275.00 1350.00 1385.00
    Flop

All-in  4725.00 6075.00 0.00
    slippysid Fold     
    snorky All-in  3380.00 9455.00 0.00
    ROSSBOY All-in  1385.00 10840.00 0.00
     Unmatched bet  1345.00 9495.00 1345.00
     Show
    • K
    • K

snorky Show
    • A

ROSSBOY Show

Turn

• K

River

pathetically sensoredWin Full House, Kings and 10s 9495.00  10840.00

• edited December 2010
     Last but not least why are we not allowed to post WHO won the hand.Why does this get censored by a MOD.

This is very suspect.I can fully understand why you would not print someones name and address but not their avatar name.Do you really think my name is snorky? Or is it because we would see the same old names appearing in the won hand box hmmmm.Not saying i have found this but the big chip stack thing is happening.I don't mind getting beaten by a better hand and i don't mind taking a bad beat every now and again but there is something wrong here by which the big chip stack has an advantage no matter what cards he has.
    Please by all means explain!I have waited for someone to sugguest anything remotely sensible but all i get is the sky poker team saying "no honestly this does not happen it will even out".

I play this site six days a week.It does i'm afraid.

• edited December 2010

Before the world decends and has a pop at me.

1. This is the conspiracy part of the web site and it would be rubbish if I said it was brilliant all the time.
    2. I can only go by what i observe.
    3. I only ever write on the site when I lose (am far to busy congratulating myself on being the next negrano when i win)
    4. I expect to win every game i play
    5. If i don't win it is no way a reflection on how i played, it is because you all cheat.
    6. I Have already bought into the next game as i have calmed down. Sky now owe me 5p from the last game as i only won £2.25 and the game cost me £2.30.
    7. If i don't win this game i am quiting sky for the 3rd time this week.I mean it! i may not even play till boxing day

Man never walked on the moon. I am without doubt the best poker player in my house and I really must see a shrink someday.