You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Sports Monthly Double Stack

edited January 2011 in Sky Poker Tournaments
This is a tournament limited to 50 players with a buy in of £220 and is played out on the last Thursday of each month and is shown on Sky Sports as well as Channel 865.  Inevitably it attracts the top end of the Sky players and there is nothing wrong with that.  There is an opportunity for "lesser" players to qualify through a weekly semi-final (with a buy in of £48, 1 in 5 qualify) and a daily quarter final (buy in £10.50, 1 in 5 qualify to get into the semi final).  £220 is way outside my bankroll, as is £48, but I do, as a "lesser" player occassionally have a go at the £10.50 quarter final.  The opportuniy to play against the better players is attractive to me, as I am sure it is to others.  However, I do find that the daily quarter final does not very aften attract the minimum number of 5 entries. 

Perhaps if the quarter final be run weekly (the day before the semi maybe) and, as well as direct buy in into this, a daily prelim to the quarter be run with 1 in 5 entry at a cost of say £2.50.  This could then insure that each quarter final has a reasonable entry and give the opportunity for more "lesser" players to have a go, the ultimate prize being a chance to have a "pot" at the big guys.

Does this have any merit?  Is there enough interest out there?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I like to play the £10.50 one too and managed to win that and the semi last month, was a very good experience playing the £220 tourny as I never really pay over £22 for a single tourny on Sky and got to take on some of the best players!

So yeah, theres a lot of interest from me at least pal :)
  • edited December 2010
    good piont gordon ide be in for some ove that.Or run 1 along side the big 1 for £100 buyin and run sats to suit with a cap on enterants to say 100 and the prize pool would be the same as the main event,im sure it would max out every month.any1 agree with this if so say so and i feel sure sky will do somthing along these lines.del
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Sports Monthly Double Stack:
    good piont gordon ide be in for some ove that.Or run 1 along side the big 1 for £100 buyin and run sats to suit with a cap on enterants to say 100 and the prize pool would be the same as the main event,im sure it would max out every month.any1 agree with this if so say so and i feel sure sky will do somthing along these lines.del
    Posted by DELTA

Great idea. The majority of the direct buy ins for the 220, would also buy into this - they have no problem with multi tabling, and with the big PP, it will be worth their time.

I might even try and qualify myself !!
  • edited December 2010
    I hope the monthly £220 stays, its definitely the best tourny on the site.................coupled with the fact that theres a cap of 50 players means lots of gameplay especially in the first 2 hours.

Yup, I see the merits of a 100-max £110 tournament also, but id like the biggy to remain exactly as it is.....................thats the reason it IS such a good tournament
  • edited December 2010
    I hope the monthly £220 stays, its definitely the best tourny on the site.................coupled with the fact that theres a cap of 50 players means lots of gameplay especially in the first 2 hours. Yup, I see the merits of a 100-max £110 tournament also, but id like the biggy to remain exactly as it is.....................thats the reason it IS such a good tournament
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    I am in no way suggesting a change to the current format.  I am trying to encourage more people from the bottom end having a go.  Even introducing prelims to the quarters will not, in my opinion, change the numbers who qualify from the semis, but there will be 1 or 2 that might who would not get the chance under the current structure.   I hope that makes sense.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi Dollie, just to let you know I have sent this thread onto the Sky team for their attention.
  • edited December 2010
    Hi Dollie, just to let you know I have sent this thread onto the Sky team for their attention.
    Posted by Sky_Mod4
    Thanks
  • edited December 2010
    YESSSS I AM IN!!!
  • edited January 2011
    I notice that we now seem to have lost even the quarter finals from this event, which used to be daily.  So the only way in now is through a weekly £48 semi or £220 direct buy in.  Outside the bankroll of the majority of players I suggest. 
  • edited January 2011
    please bring back the quarter finals sky

no runners in last nights semi