You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why is this site....

2»

Comments

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Why is this site....:
    In Response to Re: Why is this site.... : Did you mean ty p ing brother?
    Posted by Draig
    Those of us who are slightly more, shall we say, quick witted, will have seen the irony/ humour in that post.

Nevermind.
  • edited August 2009
    now now boys-- i think you two may be in imminent danger of straying off the subject of this thread
    Posted by oynutter
    Back to the Interwebz Revolution brother. We have plans to hatch.

(Shhhhh)
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Why is this site.... : Obviously not, but now this is in Area 51, I just put my X on my window with gaffer tape, and I'm waiting for you to turn up outside my door at 4am in a long coat with a suitcase so we can bring these Sky people down in a blaze of revolutionary glory. Don't tell Sky about our plans though, or they might forum ban me. Oh, and it is spelt brigh t est. There is a spellchecker down in the bottom of your chat pane. It looks like an ABC with a tick...then again..I BET SKY TOOK THAT AWAY FROM YOU AS WELL. HATES THEM WE DO THEY PICK ON US WAY TOO MUCH. I EXPECT TO LOSE EVERY GAME I PLAY IN NOW UNTIL MY BANKROLL DRIES UP. (shhh don't tell them or they might be able to do it - if you can still read this that is)
    Posted by Draig
    VERY VERY FUNNY POST DRAIG,ONLY JUST STOPPED LAUGHING LOVE YOUR SENSE OF HUMOUR AS I DO WHEN ME AND HUBBY (DAV1964) PLAY U IN THE DEEPYS.SEE U IN THERE SOON AGAIN M8 LOL
  • edited August 2009
    Although a very entertaining read, this thread (as you have no doubt noticed) has been moved to the "Area51" section.

A few points I'd like to make.

1) We cannot at will allow certain persons to see a post (their own or anyone else's) while others cannot see the same post. As someone rightly mentioned, we see this a million times over and I suppose people get bored and simply ignore the thread.

2) We don’t simply ban anyone who doesn’t conform to our rules and guidelines. We would initially warn you about the content and depending on the severity and or frequency of the offence we would take action to chat block you for a period of time, based again on above criteria. Further continuous abuse or misuse of the forum could result in a permanent ban. This does not affect your ability to chat at the poker tables as it is treated as a separate entity. Although being blocked on one or the other may influence our decision to do so on any of our other chat platforms. 

3) If a player is blocked and or banned for any reason, we will not discuss the matter with anyone other than the offending party(s). If the initial contact from our support team is not clear and the person wishes to follow up then s/he may follow up with our customer care team who should have details regarding the action taken. 

4) Sometimes it may seem that we allow certain offensive things to be ignored and take action on other “less offensive” material. Please be reminded though that we do sometimes miss these things. I suppose that’s the benefit/disadvantage of not using some super advanced bot to moderate the forum who is able to trudge through each and every topic and replies, underlying offensive themes and coded hate speech.

This will happen from time to time due to various reasons. This is however the reason we have the “Report Abuse” button. If you feel offended, help is just a click away. Please include a small description as to how the thread is offensive. It's not always easy to spot :)

Sometimes we deliberately leave material that’s just on the line between offensive or not and would usually leave it so as not to have the forum be “over moderated” because we’re all supposed to be grown up. We won’t step in on every thread because it just doesn’t make for a very free speech environment. However, offensive posts are not tolerated and we will take action when we discover them. 

Lastly we know that there are flaws in the way the forum operates and is run and we’re hoping to get there some day soon.  Thanks for all of your support thus far. And in the meantime, have a look at this: 

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_rules 

Regards,

Sky Poker Moderation