You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How many AA's have you had in 1 tournament

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Last nights 21:25 BH I had AA 5 times and KK 3 times. However I only got paid out once. All other goes I only got 1 caller and no further action on the flop, turn or river. Was never going to limp, but tried 2,3 and 4 betting. Even on the loser tables everyone folded ! Tried checking the flop when it was not dangerous and then limping the river, but could not even get a call or a raise. The flops that were dangerous, I either bet big or went all in, and had no luck there either. Are crystal balls being handed out to certain players? If so, how can I get one?

I was just wondering what is the most AA's anyone has had in one tournament?

Had to laugh in the end, as I went out in 12th, when I was crippled going all in, up against AA  (lol)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    how many time i get AA in a torney = 0 im out within 5mins =)
  • edited December 2010
    This is going a long time back

I busted a BH with KK the hand before the break, AIP miles ahead when i got it in. Thanks to it being just before the break though i loaded the next one quickly and was init.

First hand AA, second hand, AA third hand AK, 4th hand AA, fifth hand KK

Paid for all 5 hands all holding up taking 6 heads. The rest of the tournament no suprise though was folding down till i bluffed my last few thousand of with second pair into top set. Whoops.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: How many AA's have you had in 1 tournament:
    This is going a long time back I busted a BH with KK the hand before the break, AIP miles ahead when i got it in. Thanks to it being just before the break though i loaded the next one quickly and was init. First hand AA, second hand, AA third hand AK, 4th hand AA, fifth hand KK Paid for all 5 hands all holding up taking 6 heads. The rest of the tournament no suprise though was folding down till i bluffed my last few thousand of with second pair into top set. Whoops.
    Posted by The_Don90
    fish :) i would be happy in a b/h if i didnt get KK first hand and run it into AA and be out str8 away (im over it though :/)
  • edited December 2010
    This is going a long time back I busted a BH with KK the hand before the break, AIP miles ahead when i got it in. Thanks to it being just before the break though i loaded the next one quickly and was init. First hand AA, second hand, AA third hand AK, 4th hand AA, fifth hand KK Paid for all 5 hands all holding up taking 6 heads. The rest of the tournament no suprise though was folding down till i bluffed my last few thousand of with second pair into top set. Whoops.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Ive had a similar run with cards, 5th/6th hand in while playing strongly against tightish players, i had AA,AA,KK,AQ &10 10, obviously i kept playing them strongly and sure enough a couple of players didnt believe so trebled/quadroupled up quickly.
    If i remember right i got to the final table chip leader and blew out in 3rd.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: How many AA's have you had in 1 tournament : Ive had a similar run with cards, 5th/6th hand in while playing strongly against tightish players, i had AA,AA,KK,AQ &10 10, obviously i kept playing them strongly and sure enough a couple of players didnt believe so trebled/quadroupled up quickly. If i remember right i got to the final table chip leader and blew out in 3rd.
    Posted by major1962
    you got further than me. I came 16th ish out of 20ish players. long time i know, there 2was 3 tables left and when i bluffed off i was second to chip leader (the guy that bust me)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: How many AA's have you had in 1 tournament : Ive had a similar run with cards, 5th/6th hand in while playing strongly against tightish players, i had AA,AA,KK,AQ &10 10, obviously i kept playing them strongly and sure enough a couple of players didnt believe so trebled/quadroupled up quickly. If i remember right i got to the final table chip leader and blew out in 3rd.
    Posted by major1962
    Rookie mistake.
    You should save runs of cards like that until you reach the final table.
  • edited December 2010
    I once got dealt Pocket Aces in the BB three times in a row, ( near the bubble in the Primo , when I could afford it).

Everytime it folded around to me and all I got was the SB
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: How many AA's have you had in 1 tournament : Rookie mistake. You should save runs of cards like that until you reach the final table.
    Posted by MereNovice
    lol
  • edited December 2010
    I had pocket aces once...it lost.