You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WARNING WARNING

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: WARNING WARNING:
    In Response to Re: WARNING WARNING : In the interest of "healthy discussion" is there any evidence whatsoever that such a scam e-mail exists? If so, what does it look like? Also, what are the negative effects of reading the mail? Was the scam e-mail forwarded to Customer Care? Has anyone else received such an e-mail?
    Posted by MereNovice
    hello vince,

to me, there are three categories that email scams fall into.

attachments.  shouldn't be downloaded unless you know the sender, expecting the attachments and have up-to-date antivirus checking software installed.

links to webpages.  don't click on them.  if you really want to, find the website independently, not using the link

doom approaching.  these are the funniest as the email says something horrible is on its way, and quick, tell everyone to forewarn them of the horrors soon to arrive, email all your friends.  the exponentially increasing number of emails generated as a result can crash servers.  just simply delete.  if doom arrives just "duck and cover"

• edited December 2010
    MOD ALERT.... he has just stalked me on a table saying.... xDJSIGNx /> hey aussie you dummy unless you have  some thing important to say about my forum post i posted news about a  SCAM after i contacted sky on the phone i was told to post it so keep your gob shut idiot aussie09 /> xdjdesign... ur a STALKER xDJSIGNx /> i came to shut you up dummy i dont need to stalk any one
    Posted by aussie09
    Pathetic
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: WARNING WARNING : hello vince, to me, there are three categories that email scams fall into. attachments .  shouldn't be downloaded unless you know the sender, expecting the attachments and have up-to-date antivirus checking software installed. links to webpages.   don't click on them.  if you really want to, find the website independently, not using the link doom approaching .  these are the funniest as the email says something horrible is on its way, and quick, tell everyone to forewarn them of the horrors soon to arrive, email all your friends.  the exponentially increasing number of emails generated as a result can crash servers.  just simply delete.  if doom arrives just "duck and cover"    
    Posted by aussie09
    Indeed.
    There's always the Nigerian bank manager to consider, too.

I just wondered what category of e-mail the OP was referring to - there appears to be a lack of detail in his post.
    The more cynical amongst us might think that he was just scare-mongering out of some delusion that it would discourage people from opening genuine promotional e-mails from Sky Poker.

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: WARNING WARNING : Indeed. There's always the Nigerian bank manager to consider, too. I just wondered what category of e-mail the OP was referring to - there appears to be a lack of detail in his post. The more cynical amongst us might think that he was just scare-mongering out of some delusion that it would discourage people from opening genuine promotional e-mails from Sky Poker.
    Posted by MereNovice
    you knew? i was told to keep that particular opportunity secret.  you can share though, just send me your sort code...

• edited December 2010
    I had a warning email from a certain ipoker skin that such an email was doing the rounds, but it was an mtt on ipoker, not sky