You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live Game... Is this bad etiquette?

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Say for example the board reads K,J,6,6,2 .. The hand goes to showdown and playerA holds 7,3 and says "1 pair" as in a pair of 6's. His actual hole cards haven't hit so if it was me I would say "7 high".

To me this seems like a type of angle shooting, trying to get an edge in hope that PlayerB with ace high will fold when he hears his oppo has a pair.

I know that the guys hand is infact 1 pair so he isn't cheating, but I find 90% of the time when people say something like that they keep their cards face down and don't show their hole cards until playerB has announced/mucked his hand.

Thoughts??

Would be good to know your thoughts on this Tikay as well if you see it.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    5 card game so he does have a pair so all he is doing is announcing his hand correctly imo.
  • edited December 2010
    Who was this Aleem, Ray or Madassa? lol
  • edited December 2010
    Its kinda naughty tbh

But not against the rules.

Obviously i would always want to see the guy's cards before mucking my own hand
  • edited December 2010
    i always thought the first person to declare had to show and if the second to person to act could either show/muck depending on wat cards they had ?
  • edited December 2010
    The way i usually do it is last person to bet declares first, then in order of callers.

The thing i usually ask players in an instanace above is declare your high card that way we can get it sorted quicker.

I remember an instatnce a while ago
    Player a had QQ

player be had 67

Flop came AKK turn and A
    It got checked down and player A said i have queens.

I later had to explain to the player he had Kings and Aces as he woundered why i said Q high wins lol.
  • edited December 2010
    I hate it when ppl do this.  Some are angle shooting, others just do it coz thats what theyve allways done and there is no bad intention imo, the main reason I hate it is coz I will probs just throw my ace hi lol.

Heres some bad etiquette, I was in a live game, there was a big pot that had gotten hu, that I wasnt in, the person to my right had made a big bet.  I was trashed and thought it would be funny to announce all in.  Guy to my left instacalls.  I have to sheepishly announce that I actually didnt have any cards.
    Didnt go down too well that one.