You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good game mate, What’s your name again? Tonights Poker Million Final Sky Sports 2

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat

Bit of a rant but hey why not.

Just got through catching up with poker million 9 runners up heat. Internet qualifier Seth Webber and Richard Ashby play a very dramatic heads up with more swings than an adventure playground.

However, following defeat Ashby is interviewed and refers to his thoroughly deserving opponent as ‘the guy who won’. Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought poker was a sociable game?

Shurley it is common decency to enquire as to a players name during more ‘common’ live play, let alone a televised million pound tournament?

Having not played live, but currently in the temptation phase, I’m interested to know what players experience of the social side of live poker is. Rate your experience, more friendly than hostile, or not?

p.s yes I know I’v spelt it wrong I paying homage J

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I watched that too didnt see the interview was a good heat, although i think Ashby plays very unorthodox im suprised he does so well

As for names surely it depends how chatty everyone is, usually courtesy to introduce yourself but i've only played local games(only a few)
  • edited December 2010
    Really pleased for Seth Webber in winning that heat. He played well and thoroughly deserved to win that.
  • edited December 2010
     In case anyone has missed it as I almost did.

The Poker Million Final on sky sports is tonight at 7:00pm not next Tuesday as you may have expected.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm sure Webber won't care either way what he got called.  In Ashby's defence though they had just played a long and tough game and probably did genuinely forget his name as the interview was right after. I am sure he wasn't meaning to be disrespectful and they probably had a drink at the bar after.

Looking forward to watching the live finale
  • edited December 2010

Webber played a cracking runners up heat and so soon after coming 2nd in his main heat where he ran into James Bord who can't miss at the moment.  Ashby is one of the best all round players in the UK, he plays and succeeds at lots of variations of the game.  At this years WSOP, he won a bracelet at 7-card stud and came 2nd in the $10,000 HORSE event, one of the hardest to win.

Another internet qualifier gets a seat straight into the Poker Million final, I'd love to see Barney Boatman or Tony Bloom win it but I really like Patrik Antonius' game and I would put him as my favourite.  Should make cracking TV though.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Good game mate, What’s your name again?:
     In case anyone has missed it as I almost did.  The Poker Million Final on sky sports is tonight at 7:00pm not next Tuesday as you may have expected.
    Posted by RedHouse

Thank you mate didnt know that will now be watching, also i play for a pub called red house pool in hadlow just thought i'd share it with you :p
  • edited December 2010
    Yep looking forward to this too, and in glorious high definitions. See the fear.

I'm a Gus fan so will be willing him on to the win. He was really funny in his heat - licking his lips at David Benyamine haha

If Gus fails then it's Seth all the way. He's played brilliantly.

• edited December 2010
    Will be cheering on Seth in this.