You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

another bubble in a deepie FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
wrong to go for it, opponent had been betting me every hand i didnt have any spots 7 left, just gone down to 6

and again another slowroll for the opponent so tilted
Rattious Small blind   600.00 600.00 25975.00
YOUNG_GUN Big blind   1200.00 1800.00 24965.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

bffddy Raise   3600.00 5400.00 58680.00
meggie06 Fold        
Rattious Fold        
YOUNG_GUN Call   2400.00 7800.00 22565.00
Flop

• J

YOUNG_GUN Check        
bffddy Bet   6000.00 13800.00 52680.00
YOUNG_GUN All-in   22565.00 36365.00 0.00
bffddy Call   16565.00 52930.00 36115.00
YOUNG_GUN Show
  • A

bffddy Show
  • A
  • J

Turn

River

• Q

bffddy Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 8s 52930.00   89045.00

Comments

• edited December 2010
    did you really have to call pre?
  • edited December 2010
    fold or raise pre mate

P.S it was the same guy who got meee
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: another bubble in a deepie FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    did you really have to call pre?
    Posted by N1CK

I wouldnt usually, but this person had just got back into it had been nicking pots left,right and centre. main reason i called is for potential flush, i nearly folded pre but thought getting good odds and if clubs dont fall i can get away. unfortunately good flop for me just didnt hit, actually maybe i should have not check raised all in as probably priced them in i had been very nitty up to this point so had a good image. i should have just shoved the flop as could have rep'd AK and they could possibly have laid it down what do you think peeps?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: another bubble in a deepie FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : I wouldnt usually, but this person had just got back into it had been nicking pots left,right and centre. main reason i called is for potential flush, i nearly folded pre but thought getting good odds and if clubs dont fall i can get away. unfortunately good flop for me just didnt hit, actually maybe i should have not check raised all in as probably priced them in i had been very nitty up to this point so had a good image. i should have just shoved the flop as could have rep'd AK and they could possibly have laid it down what do you think peeps?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    say for example you have 55, how would you play that pre and why?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: another bubble in a deepie FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : I wouldnt usually, but this person had just got back into it had been nicking pots left,right and centre. main reason i called is for potential flush, i nearly folded pre but thought getting good odds and if clubs dont fall i can get away. unfortunately good flop for me just didnt hit, actually maybe i should have not check raised all in as probably priced them in i had been very nitty up to this point so had a good image. i should have just shoved the flop as could have rep'd AK and they could possibly have laid it down what do you think peeps?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I think this post makes almost no sense.

Just fold pre - theres no use calling raises out of position on the bubble of a tournement with A7 'for the flush'. You do know a flush is hard to make sir?
  • edited December 2010
    fold or all in pre.

with this stack and tournie its a fold
  • edited December 2010
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

i dont understand most of this tbf.

once you flop the FD you played it fine.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: another bubble in a deepie FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : i dont understand most of this tbf. once you flop the FD you played it fine.
    Posted by scotty77

Sorry scotty and pryce i have weird way of writing, i am aware odds of hitting flush is 7% or less cant remember exactly. nearly folded but based on the opponents range i figured would be ahead but didnt want to over commit as a7. 3-1 odds i think pre so thought i would fish a little but obviously wish i had folded now :o) it was a marginal call from me as i said but then thought getting good price and ahead of my oppoonents range, likely he could have k+ here
  • edited December 2010
    218-1 to flop a flush and 8-1 to flop flush draw
  • edited December 2010

218-1 to flop a flush and 8-1 to flop flush draw
    Posted by N1CK
    Thank you and to actually hit a flush altogether?
  • edited December 2010
     Nice and simple this hand.

You are sat quite deep on the bubble of a tournament.

So why would you call a raise OOP against a guy who has you greatly outchipped, whilst there you were HOPING TO GET LUCKY. This is just bad play of the highest level. You only have 2 options here fold or 3-bet shove the call is just awful. The one lesson that people need to learn is that the call button is the most evil button in the world and will be respoonsible for lots of big losses on the tables. So my advice is stay away from the call button and become the master of your own destiny.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: another bubble in a deepie FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Thank you and to actually hit a flush altogether?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    i think its about 15-1
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: another bubble in a deepie FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : i think its about 15-1
    Posted by N1CK

Thank you  sir, so arounhd that 7%

Good point Talon  i will take on board everything though peoplle, im not arguing that i should have shove/folded just giving you why i did at the time. I totally agree i should have folded pre especially against a big stack oop i posted here as was annoyed as i shouldnt be involved so close to folding pre. frustrating as was in reasonable position and each time i bubble im never blinding away its from my mistakes hopefully one day i will learn.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: another bubble in a deepie FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : say for example you have 55, how would you play that pre and why?
    Posted by N1CK

Missed that one, would probably shove tbh
  • edited December 2010

Hi YG - Sat next to you in this one and I think you reacted to the player more than the cards - he was at it constantly and it got under your skin.  And mine as it happens - I doubled him up just before this hand... it was an active table and with some of the earlier action I can understand why you played the hand the way you did, just happens this time that he had a hand and not just position.  Celery Rodney... Celery. :-)

• ybyb
    edited December 2010
    I like a shove pre, calling is the worst option by far.
  • edited December 2010

Snap fold pre.