You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Featured Four Fun Comp tonight. Santa's Sack tourney seats on offer.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    finished 2nd eventually, pryce won (albeit luckily ;). ) he got automatic entry to santas sack with the win, and also beat you tikay, next player down gets the seat i believe? :)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Featured Four Fun Comp tonight. Santa's Sack tourney seats on offer.:
    ooooooooooh man, even if i win the TSP i still cant beat tikay!!!? maaan alive.
    Posted by hurst05
    nice heads up battle mate ul
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Featured Four Fun Comp tonight. Santa's Sack tourney seats on offer.:
    finished 2nd eventually, pryce won (albeit luckily ;). ) he got automatic entry to santas sack with the win, and also beat you tikay, next player down gets the seat i believe? :)
    Posted by hurst05
    remember when you had Q9 and hit runner runner straight ;) shhhh
  • edited December 2010
    The final table is:
    Name Sleep ME Totty TSP   Total
    sara36dd08 19 295 2 14   35
    pryce6 38 46 10 1   49
    SoLack 6 41 18 145   65
    Nutter5932   17 44 10   71
    tikay1 17 119 13 46   76
    hurst05 21 56 81 2   79
    dunni18 39 19 38     96
    TheDart 12 134 45 44   101
    GREGHOGG 20 296 32 53   105
    penguin7 47 157 23 35   105
    Ratboy71 24 73 83 11   108
    roady 26 230 77 6   109
    JAEGERBOMB 5 221 65 48   118
    FINS 25 77 17 113   119
    thejudge10 49 20 70     139
    major1962 10 121 35     166
    DAIBOOT 40   75 61   176
    corbett04 14   31 133   178
    goodylad21 23 114 48 132   185
    cottlad 31 127 28 129   186
    chubbers 28   55 116   199
    Pool8 48 141 24 179   213
    Wacko90 41 124 53     218
    POKERTREV 33 181 6     220
    BIGSHANN 18 190 85     293
    mike1975 36 236 27     299
    Direwolf 8 276 41     325
    Uzi_lover 34 241 87     362
    Lisa_Marie   246 69 172   487

All those in gold get entry into Santa's Sack - congratulations.
    As winner of tonight's TSP Classic pryce6 gets entry into Santa's Sack automatically, anyway.  :-)))
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Featured Four Fun Comp tonight. Santa's Sack tourney seats on offer. : remember when you had Q9 and hit runner runner straight ;) shhhh
    Posted by pryce6
    slowplay at your peril lol. good game indeed. i had a huge amount of luck in one hand earlier in the tournament so couldve been nowhere near the money. after that stayed 1st the entire way until heads up lolol. 

do i get entry to the santas sack mere? as pryce already had a seat i remember tikay saying next player down gets the seat. devestated if not lol
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Featured Four Fun Comp tonight. Santa's Sack tourney seats on offer. : slowplay at your peril lol. good game indeed. i had a huge amount of luck in one hand earlier in the tournament so couldve been nowhere near the money. after that stayed 1st the entire way until heads up lolol.  do i get entry to the santas sack mere? as pryce already had a seat i remember tikay saying next player down gets the seat. devestated if not lol
    Posted by hurst05
    I'm going to leave that for grumpy to sort out.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Featured Four Fun Comp tonight. Santa's Sack tourney seats on offer. : slowplay at your peril lol. good game indeed. i had a huge amount of luck in one hand earlier in the tournament so couldve been nowhere near the money. after that stayed 1st the entire way until heads up lolol.  do i get entry to the santas sack mere? as pryce already had a seat i remember tikay saying next player down gets the seat. devestated if not lol
    Posted by hurst05
    yeah I'm pretty sure you do.

I had some luck too won a couple of huge flips to get there.

If we took the results from all four I would win this league...so that's what I'm going on :)
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Featured Four Fun Comp tonight. Santa's Sack tourney seats on offer. : yeah I'm pretty sure you do. I had some luck too won a couple of huge flips to get there. If we took the results from all four I would win this league...so that's what I'm going on :)
    Posted by pryce6
    tbh - you were very unlucky to get knocked out of the TOT last night pryce, but very well played m8y.
  • edited December 2010
    I dont want to complain but,,,,,,,,,,,
    Surely it should be the WORST 3 scores that count??? That way id have a seat :)
    e.g. my score 166 (from 3) tk scores 181 (worst three out of four), there wouldnt be any arguements then lol

Well done to those that got a seat, and i really enjoyed the games, even though it destroyed my b/r as i didnt cash in any of the 3 i entered.
    Still its xmas soon and im sure santa will provide.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Featured Four Fun Comp tonight. Santa's Sack tourney seats on offer. : tbh - you were very unlucky to get knocked out of the TOT last night pryce, but very well played m8y.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    thanks mate. yeah I ran horribly all night until the latter stages of TSP, suddenly started winning all ins, i was wondering what was happening!
  • edited December 2010

Afternoon all. What great fun that was last night!

Thanks to who all joined in the spirit of the thing, well done to those who ran well, & big thanks to Mere for his hours & hours of selfless work on the Thread.

After a bit of a bruising beat in the Main, which would have put me Top Ten if it had "held", (My A-K v A-Q) I had to really buckle down & grind it out, & it was so much fun, uphill & into the wind, so to speak. Nothing beats being up against it, so I was pretty pleased to end up 5th eventually.

The 4 who bested me were sara, pryce6, Solly, & Nutter5932......

Nick Pryce gets a Santas Sack entry automatically for winning the TSP Classic, & Nutter already has a SST Seat, so countback is invoked.

So, by my reckoning, hursty & dunni18 both get a "Santas Sack" Tourney entry via countback, & sara & Solly both get one by right.

I plan to disqualify Solly at some stage, once I've thought of a good reason. He mugged me on the Hi-Lo Tables last night when he made a shocking call with the under-house. What did he think I had, total air?

sara36dd08 19 295 2 14   35
    pryce6 38 46 10 1   49
    SoLack 6 41 18 145   65
    Nutter5932   17 44 10   71
    tikay1 17 119 13 46   76
    hurst05 21 56 81 2   79
    dunni18 39 19 38     96

All agreed?

Job's a good 'un, then, & I'll organise the Seats this afternoon.

Once again, thanks to all who sailed in her - it was tremendous fun.
  • edited December 2010

Several Posters suggested that Mere really should be given a Santas Sack Entry for all his work during these evenings. (I'd prefer we give him "The Sack"), & this has now been sorted by the Suits. He still refused to accept it, being old, crusty & obdurate, but it transpired that he'd busted Sky Santa on an Omaha Table last week, so he gets no choice - he is in.
  • edited December 2010
    niiiice, cheers for that.
  • edited December 2010

I need to be in the "new" Studio shortly, for Technical Rehearsals, & to help out as an on-screen stooge while they mess with camera positions, lighting, & all that sort of stuff. Mother is in charge, God help us. Blandy is going to be the pretend Presenter for this afternoon, too. Watch out Orford. (They both dress equally badly).

I may swerve tonight, as I'm a little tired, shall we say, & I have to head home to frozen Derbyshire in the morning so gotta get up early, & so I'll be offline until at least mid-afternoon Friday.

I'm PTP on Friday (yes, I remembered it this week....), so we'll have some sort of Fun comp on Friday evening a'la last night.

If I can get my head round how to do it fairly, & can get Mere to do the spreadsheet & updating work.....I'd like to do it like last night but change the parameters to include some lower buy-ins.

Maybe include a couple of £2.20 &/or £5.50 Deepies, as well as the 8pm Main (Rebuy), 8.30 TOTTY (Rebuy) & 10pm TSP Classic. We could call it the Linger-Deeper or somesuch, & make it "any 2 or 3 from 5 or 6" or whatever. It would be neat if we could be more embracing towards all buy-in Levels.

Whether I dare stick my neck out again as I did last night as to unlimited Santa Sack Entries is another matter - that could have gone so badly wrong if I'd finished, like, 15th or something, or even, dare I say, where LML did.....
  • edited December 2010
    Several Posters suggested that Mere really should be given a Santas Sack Entry for all his work during these evenings. (I'd prefer we give him "The Sack"), & this has now been sorted by the Suits. He still refused to accept it, being old, crusty & obdurate, but it transpired that he'd busted Sky Santa on an Omaha Table last week, so he gets no choice - he is in.
    Posted by Tikay10

+1 he deffo deserves it
  • edited December 2010
    How about Linger, Laster, Longerer?, good luck with the studio
  • edited December 2010
    How about Linger, Laster, Longerer?, good luck with the studio
    Posted by acebarry10
    Well it needs to reflect the difference between our "usual" L-L's, & if we include the £2.20 &/or £5.50 Deepies, it needs to signal that.

Anyway, planning is well advanced now, we are just trying to work out a fair way to do it. You know how it is, no matter how well-intended it is, if I get it wrong & it discriminates against anyone, there'll be all sorts of hoohah.

Anyway, we'll do it somehow.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Featured Four Fun Comp tonight. Santa's Sack tourney seats on offer. : Well it needs to reflect the difference between our "usual" L-L's, & if we include the £2.20 &/or £5.50 Deepies, it needs to signal that. Anyway, planning is well advanced now, we are just trying to work out a fair way to do it. You know how it is, no matter how well-intended it is, if I get it wrong & it discriminates against anyone, there'll be all sorts of hoohah. Anyway, we'll do it somehow.
    Posted by Tikay10
     Hiya Tikay have been directed here by Kiwini4u as i have a thread " Could we have a Monday night last longer for £2-20 & £2-30 buy-in" appologies as i didn't know you were planning one for Friday maybe you could use some of the tourneys mentioned in my thread  amyway i will keep an eye out on this thread for Friday  Michael
  • edited December 2010
    How about Linger, Laster, Longerer, Cheaperer?
  • edited December 2010
    Just have 2 different last longer comps.

One for the 2.20/3,30s

Another for the ME/Rebuy TOT/1.5kGTD/TSP.

• edited December 2010
    There will be one combined competition.

It will feature six tournaments with the best three results from the six events contributing to each person's score.
    The scoring will be a little different to recent "linger longer" competitions.
    The score in each event will be based on the percentage of the field that you beat - this will take account of the differences in field sizes.

For example, if there are 100 players in a tournament and you finish 20th, you will score 80 points. If there are 200 players in a tournament and you finish 20th you will score 90 points. It will make the scoring a little more difficult to understand for some people but I will answer any questions that people have.

The competition will definitely feature the following tournaments:

8pm £11 rebuy main event
    8:30pm £5.50 rebuy Totty
    10pm £11 TSP Classic

It may also feature the following events:

7:15pm £2:20 Deepstack
    8:15pm £5:50 Deepstack
    9:15pm £2:20 Deepstack

For this to work well, the last three tournaments will need to have decent fields. I will monitor the equivalent tournaments tonight. However, if anyone has alternative suggestions for well structured and cheap tournaments with a decent sized field that run on a Friday evening, please let me know.

I hope that everyone can agree that there is something for everyone there. A real chance for lower stakes players to pit their wits and poker skills against the "big boys".
  • edited December 2010

mere thankyou for all your effort and work yesterday

congrates to all who got through

was so nice to finish higher than solack

will be in the main event at 8 the  the 9 the tsp  and will find the 4th

thank you
  • edited December 2010
    Afternoon all. What great fun that was last night! Thanks to who all joined in the spirit of the thing, well done to those who ran well, & big thanks to Mere for his hours & hours of selfless work on the Thread. After a bit of a bruising beat in the Main, which would have put me Top Ten if it had "held", (My A-K v A-Q) I had to really buckle down & grind it out, & it was so much fun, uphill & into the wind, so to speak. Nothing beats being up against it, so I was pretty pleased to end up 5th eventually. The 4 who bested me were sara, pryce6, Solly, & Nutter5932...... Nick Pryce gets a Santas Sack entry automatically for winning the TSP Classic, & Nutter already has a SST Seat, so countback is invoked. So, by my reckoning, hursty & dunni18 both get a "Santas Sack" Tourney entry via countback, & sara & Solly both get one by right. I plan to disqualify Solly at some stage, once I've thought of a good reason. He mugged me on the Hi-Lo Tables last night when he made a shocking call with the under-house. What did he think I had, total air? sara36dd08 19 295 2 14   35 pryce6 38 46 10 1   49 SoLack 6 41 18 145   65 Nutter5932   17 44 10   71 tikay1 17 119 13 46   76 hurst05 21 56 81 2   79 dunni18 39 19 38     96   All agreed? Job's a good 'un, then, & I'll organise the Seats this afternoon. Once again, thanks to all who sailed in her - it was tremendous fun.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks tikay thought i had just missed out on a seat last night , had great fun really enjoyable and thanks to merenovice for his hard work.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks Mark and dunni.
    Congratulations on scooping a seat in Santa's Sack.
  • edited December 2010
    Many thanks to mere and tikay, very good work both.
  • edited December 2010
    Sounds like a good comp Mere!

Sadly I can't play as I have plans for tomorrow night, but hope that you guys run it next week!

• edited December 2010
    Excellent idea - the 9.15 DS on Friday tends to attract up to 100 players based on past weeks - you may want to add a small % on to tonight's fields as an indicator, as I would imagine more people play on a Friday than a Thursday (but I may be wrong - perhaps more people leave the house on Friday nights - I wouldn't know) ;-)  
  • edited December 2010
    Sounds like a good comp Mere! Sadly I can't play as I have plans for tomorrow night, but hope that you guys run it next week!
    Posted by scotty77
    Thanks.
    I've deliberately made the scoring as tricky as possible so that I can fix any result.
    Satisfaction guaranteed for a fiver, know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink.

• edited December 2010
    Excellent idea - the 9.15 DS on Friday tends to attract up to 100 players based on past weeks - you may want to add a small % on to tonight's fields as an indicator, as I would imagine more people play on a Friday than a Thursday (but I may be wrong - perhaps more people leave the house on Friday nights - I wouldn't know) ;-)  
    Posted by darich
    Thanks.
    The 9:15pm DS sounds perfect.
  • edited December 2010

Excellent work by everyone, thanks Mere.

As I will not be online until mid-afternoon at best on Friday, please just"go with it", & start the Thread.

Prizes? Yes, of course. I would expect a MUCH bigger field tomorrow - especially if you all tell your mates - so I'm a bit nervous about offering Santas Sack Tourney entries to everyone who does better than me.

But it's Christmas, so let's do it.

Prizes wll be awarded exactly as they were last night. Everyone who beats me in the Last-Longer table wins a Santas Sack Tourney Entry.

There will be SIX Tourneys, & I shall play all six, to give myself the best possible chance. You only have to play three MINMUM if you so wish.

See you tomorrow.