You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i dread playing 3 handed, advice please

edited December 2010 in The Poker Clinic
hey all

this is a problem i think its possibly more psycological. However when playing 3 handed my game crumbles. 4 hands and HU im fine, but 3 handed i just lose all understanding and basic knowledge of the game. My range is soo spewy, i obviously loosen up, but i often loosen up to HU levels which against looser opponents obviously wont work.

Then the flop turn and river im often 3 barrelling hgh card.

Can anyone offer me adivce on this area of poker please.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I can chat on msn later a bit dude but mainly what i was saying yesterday, or try to pick on the one which appears weak and will let you nick their blinds. usually good raising from button but not with a wide range

Btw i am not tilted anymore about last nights exit at time i was really annoyed though lol
  • edited December 2010

If you manage to get a nl4 table 3 handed and the other 2 players are 90xbb+ deep, this should be the situation you dream of.

Obviously adapt your strategy according to your notes/history with the opponents......But 3 handed at 4nl is gonna be a totally different/more enjoyable game than 6 handed at 4nl.

You can be alot more aggressive, and play more hands, you should have a massive edge, and be able to make some easy money.

Raise most buttons.

Learn to pot control, continue to go to value town -- and recognise when and when not to do both of those things. 

You should pick their games to apart pretty easily.

• edited December 2010
    oh didnt realise he was on about NL4 my bad, i was on about MTT
  • edited December 2010
    if your having problems playing 3handed cash then just nit up until others join

personally just raise raise raise when short handed