You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Will sky be screening omaha?

edited September 2009 in Sky Poker Live
obviously when its available?

Comments

• FBSFBS
    edited August 2009
    I do hope so .....
  • edited September 2009
    at the moment the software wont allow it. they cant do 10 seaters either.. I think may be a while before we get Omaha and then will take more time to make it possible to be aired... i wouldnt hold your breath you will turn a bit red... will probably be something they will look at for 2010
  • edited September 2009
    Don't know the ins and outs but how difficult can it be to introduce new games to a site?
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Will sky be screening omaha?:
    Don't know the ins and outs but how difficult can it be to introduce new games to a site?
    Posted by RickyVilla
    Very!

Sky Poker is a "stand-alone" Site, not on a newtwork, as most sites are, so yes, it's really quite a task to design, integrate & implement new Games.

Omaha is well on the way at Sky Poker, but I doubt they will ever televise it.

Omaha is never Televised, even by ESPN from the WSOP, because it's quite complex to understand for the average TV Poker Viewer, & historical data shows there is very little interest in it from the wider viewing public.

Not my view, or yours, but them's the sad facts.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Will sky be screening omaha? : Very! Sky Poker is a "stand-alone" Site, not on a newtwork, as most sites are, so yes, it's really quite a task to design, integrate & implement new Games. Omaha is well on the way at Sky Poker, but I doubt they will ever televise it. Omaha is never Televised, even by ESPN from the WSOP, because it's quite complex to understand for the average TV Poker Viewer, & historical data shows there is very little interest in it from the wider viewing public. Not my view, or yours, but them's the sad facts.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sad facts indeed.

Perhaps sky should televise it be a leader not a follower at least for a trial period i think the sky community would love it.
  • FBSFBS
    edited September 2009
    I Omaha is well on the way at Sky Poker, but I doubt they will ever televise it. Omaha is never Televised, even by ESPN from the WSOP, because it's quite complex to understand for the average TV Poker Viewer, & historical data shows there is very little interest in it from the wider viewing public. Not my view, or yours, but them's the sad facts.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I know it's not on TV and I know that in the past there hasn't been the interest, so they can't sell ads to help fund the shows...etc

BUT...

I really think that there is a ground swell in favour of Omaha now, and if Sky did find time in the week for a slot on Omaha I wouldn't be surprised to find this very succesful,

PLEASE PLEASE , a plea to the SKY SUITS ..... PLEASE PLEASE

Give Omaha a try on Tele, cash or tourney, once a week for a month or 2 and see what happens, I for one would love to hear what the Sky analysts would have to say and it would sure help me learn the game much faster....

But then again I am biased, iand learning through SKY would be much cheaper than paying the local sharks...
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Will sky be screening omaha? : Very! Sky Poker is a "stand-alone" Site, not on a newtwork, as most sites are, so yes, it's really quite a task to design, integrate & implement new Games. Omaha is well on the way at Sky Poker, but I doubt they will ever televise it. Omaha is never Televised, even by ESPN from the WSOP, because it's quite complex to understand for the average TV Poker Viewer, & historical data shows there is very little interest in it from the wider viewing public. Not my view, or yours, but them's the sad facts.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Surely if Sky are going to introduce this to the site at some stage it's the perfect reason to show it. I've dabbled with it a bit on A.N.OTHER site & I admit it does take a bit of getting used to if you've never played or had limited experience previously but personally I'd love to see some coverage when it's launched. Besides, what have Sky got to lose by giving it a go?
  • edited September 2009
    It really isn't that hard to understand.

Its almost the same as holdem with a couple of fundamental differences.
  • edited September 2009
    Posted by RickyVilla[/QUO
    Although they dont show omaha on its own in WSOP, it gets aired in the $50k horse event, i think it makes great viewing and would love to see it on 865. I know we also share a love for stud and lowball games TK, any chance of making SKY downloadable so we can get most of the poker formats on?
  • edited September 2009
    Thats omaha hi/low in the horse event - now that will take some explaining!
  • edited September 2009

explaining omaha hi lo? Ur right it takes some getting used to. I find aiming for the lo pot works best. Harder task: ive just taught my brother 7-2 lowball, he cant help betting on the 6 high strt tho....what can u do

• edited September 2009
    you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink!
  • edited September 2009
    you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink!
    Posted by RickyVilla
    Apart from omaha, what games u like Ricky?
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Will sky be screening omaha? : Apart from omaha, what games u like Ricky?
    Posted by BLUENOSE9
    Stud hi/low
    Razz
    2-7 triple draw
    5 card draw
    6 card omaha ( home game )

How about you?
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Will sky be screening omaha? : Stud hi/low Razz 2-7 triple draw 5 card draw 6 card omaha ( home game ) How about you?
    Posted by RickyVilla
    i love stud hi lo and razz, 7-2 is a great game but the ups and downs are emense alot of luck in it i think. I seem to make the most on FL 5 card draw.
    Would be so nice if sky could get these on
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Will sky be screening omaha? : i love stud hi lo and razz, 7-2 is a great game but the ups and downs are emense alot of luck in it i think. I seem to make the most on FL 5 card draw. Would be so nice if sky could get these on
    Posted by BLUENOSE9

Couldn't agree more come on sky get your fingers out!

Yeah 2-7 triple draw is better the nl single draw is a bit too extreme for me.