You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I cant win a flopping flip, i cant win a flopping 70/30 and now i cant beat J10 with JJ what the flo

edited December 2010 in Area 51
This is sick

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceThe_Don90Small blind 100.00100.002880.62 Big blind 200.00300.0014613.75 Your hole cardsJJ    Raise 400.00700.005903.76 Fold    Fold    The_Don90Raise 700.001400.002180.62 Fold     Call 400.001800.005503.76Flop  1082   The_Don90Bet 1350.003150.00830.62 All-in 5503.768653.760.00The_Don90All-in 830.629484.380.00 Unmatched bet 3323.146161.243323.14The_Don90ShowJJ    ShowJ10   Turn  10   River  6    WinThree 10s6161.24 9484.38

Comments

• edited December 2010
    why not shove pre after the raise to 400 i would with stack sizes
  • edited December 2010
    But if the man has more chips than you (even with a worse hand) you have at best a 33 percent chance of winning....as i have been saying why this is the case i am unsure!
    Not mad and still getting entertainment from my meagre BR but am seriously contemplating excepting this as the norm and am becoming acutely aware that this will have to become part of my strategy.If you can't change the game change your game.I shall post the hand i get knocked out with tonight it will be (i have absolutely no doubt) me being all in against a bigger chipstack with a superior starting hand that inevitably bites the big one. 
    Finding it difficult to make the change as the maths and odds tell me i shouldn't.Will trial this next week and see how i get on.
    Basically if i play a few micro games and find by increasing my range against the lower chip stacks and it works i stand to increase my BR.If it does not work it means i just get knocked out earlier rather than on the bubble (as usual) that way i don't feel so hacked off a blatant win win scenario for me i beleive.   
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: I cant win a flopping flip, i cant win a flopping 70/30 and now i cant beat J10 with JJ what the flop is going on:
    But if the man has more chips than you (even with a worse hand) you have at best a 33 percent chance of winning....as i have been saying why this is the case i am unsure! Not mad and still getting entertainment from my meagre BR but am seriously contemplating excepting this as the norm and am becoming acutely aware that this will have to become part of my strategy.If you can't change the game change your game.I shall post the hand i get knocked out with tonight it will be (i have absolutely no doubt) me being all in against a bigger chipstack with a superior starting hand that inevitably bites the big one.  Finding it difficult to make the change as the maths and odds tell me i shouldn't.Will trial this next week and see how i get on. Basically if i play a few micro games and find by increasing my range against the lower chip stacks and it works i stand to increase my BR.If it does not work it means i just get knocked out earlier rather than on the bubble (as usual) that way i don't feel so hacked off a blatant win win scenario for me i beleive.   
    Posted by snorky
    What the, im 33%

Hes 8% he has two outs which makes me 92% chance of winning. sorry but dnt tell me odds when their way off
  • edited December 2010

No whilst i agree the odds should be 92/8 on the fact that he has more chips than you seem to shift the odds on here.I beleive that when all in against a bigger chip stack even with a superior hand (for some reason?)you are very unlikely to win any more than 33 percent of the time.
    Can only go by what i see and this is what i am finding.Look for it yourself if you like.Your posts would sugguest that this is happening to you already but like myself i cannot find any reason for it happening.I stand by my call that the big chip stack has an advantage when heads up.
    Make your own conclusion it's not stopping me playing just having to adjust my game slighly.

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: I cant win a flopping flip, i cant win a flopping 70/30 and now i cant beat J10 with JJ what the flop is going on:
    No whilst i agree the odds should be 92/8 on the fact that he has more chips than you seem to shift the odds on here.I beleive that when all in against a bigger chip stack even with a superior hand (for some reason?)you are very unlikely to win any more than 33 percent of the time. Can only go by what i see and this is what i am finding.Look for it yourself if you like.Your posts would sugguest that this is happening to you already but like myself i cannot find any reason for it happening.I stand by my call that the big chip stack has an advantage when heads up. Make your own conclusion it's not stopping me playing just having to adjust my game slighly.
    Posted by snorky
    lol this is pretty funny

don, shove pre!!!!
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: I cant win a flopping flip, i cant win a flopping 70/30 and now i cant beat J10 with JJ what the flop is going on : lol this is pretty funny don, shove pre!!!!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    i agree

and looking back at this hand i agree again lol. This was my big mistake i slow played Jacks - what was i thinking.