You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonights Last Longer Comp - Regular Updates & the Final Result by Merenovice Here

1235»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonights Last Longer Comp - Regular Updates & the Final Result by Merenovice Here:
    No mention for the bubble boy then :( Not to worry, I hate rebuys and xmas anyway!!!  WELL DONE to Waller, Fins & Lucy - well played you 3. Cheers again to Michael in getting this off the ground and I would love this to be a regular Mon night thingy. Thanks also to Vince for the updates and all who joined in.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Hiya Alan very ul for finishing on the bubble i also would like this as a regular thing it had a Quality Field tonight i will post up another thread for this Comp on Saturday for next Monday & see if we can get some Prizes for it

Michael
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonights Last Longer Comp - Regular Updates & the Final Result by Merenovice Here:
    Well done waller! I got your PM, I can't reply at mo, I'm playing, but the answer is "yes, of course, not a problem". I'll sort it tomorrow. I've sent myself a reminder note.
    Posted by tikay1
    Nice one tikay, thanks alot.

I will be buying into the totty anyway so thanks for the santas sack seat, much appreciated!
  • edited December 2010
    by the way dtw i already have a santa sack i won in rich o multiball
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonights Last Longer Comp - Regular Updates & the Final Result by Merenovice Here : Nice one tikay, thanks alot. I will be buying into the totty anyway so thanks for the santas sack seat, much appreciated!
    Posted by waller02
    well done in getting the santa sack seat mate,all that worrying for nowt eh!

Had a ball tonight great competition,thanks Michael and great thread as usual Vince

Well played all... 
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonights Last Longer Comp - Regular Updates & the Final Result by Merenovice Here : Nice one tikay, thanks alot. I will be buying into the totty anyway so thanks for the santas sack seat, much appreciated!
    Posted by waller02

haha your in trouble next week when i can play more then 1 properly waller be game on!

happy with 5th  considering onlyl the final tourney played properly and thanks waller i had good chance but proper balls it up, delieberately didnt play against the person who got my stack as he had chips the whole way hope they're on my table next week. I thought im never doing that without the ace really but he couldnt let the jacks go so fair play nice call, for those that dont know previously i did this with AK on A on board on a couple of occasions

Well done for putting waller in santas sack and look forward to next weeks games i also intend to go for santas sack :p
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonights Last Longer Comp - Regular Updates & the Final Result by Merenovice Here : haha your in trouble next week when i can play more then 1 properly waller be game on! happy with 5th  considering onlyl the final tourney played properly and thanks waller i had good chance but proper balls it up, delieberately didnt play against the person who got my stack as he had chips the whole way hope they're on my table next week. I thought im never doing that without the ace really but he couldnt let the jacks go so fair play nice call, for those that dont know previously i did this with AK on A on board on a couple of occasions Well done for putting waller in santas sack and look forward to next weeks games i also intend to go for santas sack :p
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Young gun,they say never bluff a station haha,i seen that hand and that guy would call with pocket 2's,he cannot fold,very STRANGE imo,

BTW i aint been put into santa sack yet,
  • edited December 2010
    I know Fins knew that previously but as he folded a the odd bet from me assumed he may ladder and leave it, bad hand by me but most people would fold jacks there imo

well done last night aswell mate
  • edited December 2010

Afternoon all.

OK, let's sort this out.

The advertised Prizes were.....

If you finish top of the table you will earn entry into Friday's £5.50 rebuy Totty.
    If you finish 2nd or 3rd you will gain entry into Santa's Sack.
    If 2nd or 3rd place already have entry into Santa's Sack they will gain entry into next Monday's £2.20 Totty instead.

And the Top Three were.....

waller02

FINS

lucky77777

I was asked by wally waller if he could swap his Prize - an entry into the £5.50 TOTTY Rebuy - for a Santa's Sack Entry. Agreed, I'll arrange that.

FINS - no prob, will be entered into the Santa's Sack Tourney.

lucky77777. Wins a Santa's Sack Tourney entry, but already has one, so gets the advertised substitute - free entry into next Monday's £2.20 TOTTY.

I will sort all that stuff out.

We are left with a £5.50 TOTTY Rebuy Entry which was not awarded, (Santas Sack entry substituted) as waller took the Santas Sack instead.

So that £5.50 TOTTY Entry will be held over until NEXT Monday, when it will be awarded in addition to some Santas Sack Entries - details to follow.

I hope everyone is OK with that.

Well done Michael for bigging it up, & sending out all the PM's, & to Mere for all his Spreadsheet work.

Mere will not be able to do Spreadsheets for this next Monday, so a substitute spreadsheeter is required, but I will certainly add some Prizes if you wish to run it again, Michael.

PS - Was anyone as surprised as I was at how few Entries there were?
  • edited December 2010

PS - Was anyone as surprised as I was at how few Entries there were?

Thank you for sorting the prizes out Tikay.
     With all due respect, there were probably more than 16 players who would of been eligible to participate in this LL but not all of the 'smaller' BR players read the forum or would of known about it. Granted, Michael did an excellent job of promoting this but unfortunately I doubt we would ever get the same sort of numbers as the more regular LL comps that are run on here. I feel that it is just what it is but even without any prizes, I hope these nights like this one do continue. The Monthly Deep stack leagues run recently did get a fair few runners in them FWIW.
  • edited December 2010
    i knew about it but  just don`t like to multi table, i was in the 7.15 deepy and finished 6th walked into wallers aces and frankzz ks with my 8s lol
  • edited December 2010

Just want to correct my earlier Post. I said.....

Mere will not be able to do Spreadsheets for this next Monday, so a substitute spreadsheeter is required, but I will certainly add some Prizes if you wish to run it again, Michael.

In fact, I meant, Mere WILL do a Spreadsheet, but will not be available to run regular Thread Updates. Sorry about that. 

I'll sort out some Prizes shortly, but it'd be good to try & get a few more runners next Monday.  
  • edited December 2010
    Just to clarify, I got my wires crossed with Tikay.

I won't be available during the evening to do any updates but I'll happily post a table of the final results at the end of the competition.
    If you want me to do that, it's not a problem at all - just let me know.

Have fun.
  • edited December 2010
    If it helps out I should be around to do the updates during the evening. 
  • edited December 2010
    hi tikay big ty for the prizes and ill surely spread the word for more entries next week

and a big thx to mere gl all see u there next week
  • edited December 2010
    Can someone please clarify ... again... please. ROFL
  • edited December 2010
    Can someone please clarify ... again... please. ROFL
    Posted by Lisa_Marie

It's complicated ...
  • edited December 2010
    if i play any of these events anyday this week i will mention on the table, unsure whether this will make much of a difference though. another suggestion maybe mention on the live show some point over the weekend sunday preferably, alternatively put on the scroll bar so can be shown anytime during the day

• edited December 2010
    Can someone give Santa a nudge for me please. He promised me a seat last week but it hasn't materialised. :o(

Do I need to write to him at the North Pole???
  • edited December 2010
    Can someone give Santa a nudge for me please. He promised me a seat last week but it hasn't materialised. :o( Do I need to write to him at the North Pole???
    Posted by elsadog

class !
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonights Last Longer Comp - Regular Updates & the Final Result by Merenovice Here : class !
    Posted by IRISHROVER

Dear Santa, If I can't have a seat I'll settle for having my photo approved in time for Christmas.
  • edited December 2010
    Is there a booby prize?
  • edited December 2010
    Afternoon all.   OK, let's sort this out. The advertised Prizes were..... If you finish top of the table you will earn entry into Friday's £5.50 rebuy Totty. If you finish 2nd or 3rd you will gain entry into Santa's Sack. If 2nd or 3rd place already have entry into Santa's Sack they will gain entry into next Monday's £2.20 Totty instead. And the Top Three were..... waller02 FINS lucky77777 I was asked by wally waller if he could swap his Prize - an entry into the £5.50 TOTTY Rebuy - for a Santa's Sack Entry. Agreed, I'll arrange that. FINS - no prob, will be entered into the Santa's Sack Tourney. lucky77777. Wins a Santa's Sack Tourney entry, but already has one, so gets the advertised substitute - free entry into next Monday's £2.20 TOTTY. I will sort all that stuff out. We are left with a £5.50 TOTTY Rebuy Entry which was not awarded, (Santas Sack entry substituted) as waller took the Santas Sack instead. So that £5.50 TOTTY Entry will be held over until NEXT Monday, when it will be awarded in addition to some Santas Sack Entries - details to follow. I hope everyone is OK with that. Well done Michael for bigging it up, & sending out all the PM's, & to Mere for all his Spreadsheet work. Mere will not be able to do Spreadsheets for this next Monday, so a substitute spreadsheeter is required, but I will certainly add some Prizes if you wish to run it again, Michael. PS - Was anyone as surprised as I was at how few Entries there were?
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tikay
       Thank You Very Much for putting up Prizes again for next Monday's Last Longer the General Feedback is like myself the Guys/Girls would like this every Monday for me its a lot of fun & good value roughly 5-6 hours of Poker for less than a Tenner with some healthy Quality Competition. I agree the number of entrys were on the low side but feel that once people start spreading the word that could improve, tho in the 4 tourneys the highest was 100+runners & lowest was 74 runners.

I would be happy to do this every Monday with Merenovice doing the updates/scoring Merenovice has offered to do a Final Table at the end of Monday night (20th dec) & Hawk7112 has offered to do the updates during the Comp so maybe they could do it between them.

Thanks again Tikay for your support for this as its appreciated by all that take part in it.

Michael

ps i shall be posting up a thread for Mondays (20th Dec) Last Longer on Friday   
  • edited December 2010
    Is there a booby prize?
    Posted by Ploppy33
    yep a date with tikay !