You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New forum section for brags/wins/good results etc.

edited December 2010 in Community Suggestions
Major1962's recent thread in General Poker Chat titled 'sick and tired of brag posts?' (nobody was) has got me thinking.

It would be good to have a forum section that is the opposite to the misery of Area 51, a happy place where people can post their good results and brags. Examples could be newbies excited about winning a series of 30p DYMs, a forum reg taking down a big tournament etc. In this new section bad-beats and criticism would be banned. You hear loads of whining and whinging on poker forums, a place to go where you know will only read good news would make a welcome change.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    In Response to New forum section for brags/wins/good results etc.:
    Major1962's recent thread in General Poker Chat titled 'sick and tired of brag posts?' (nobody was) has got me thinking. It would be good to have a forum section that is the opposite to the misery of Area 51, a happy place where people can post their good results and brags. Examples could be newbies excited about winning a series of 30p DYMs, a forum reg taking down a big tournament etc. In this new section bad-beats and criticism would be banned. You hear loads of whining and whinging on poker forums, a place to go where you know will only read good news would make a welcome change.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    GREAT idea Gary!!! now why didnt i think of that? lol

Let me start off by telling everyone about the sleepy 7pm yesterday.
    About 10 hands in, my KK got slapped by AA, so was left with 360 chips. "im done for"!!! i thought to myself.
    Not so,, grinding isnt usually my forte but grind i did, finishing a respectable 10 (beating the likes of tk and a few other more notable players)
    I had some good advice from a couple of players who were able to chat (most were multi-ing) so really enjoyed it.
    I didnt cash but its not always about cashing is it?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: New forum section for brags/wins/good results etc.:
    In Response to New forum section for brags/wins/good results etc. : GREAT idea Gary!!! now why didnt i think of that? lol Let me start off by telling everyone about the sleepy 7pm yesterday. About 10 hands in, my KK got slapped by AA, so was left with 360 chips. "im done for"!!! i thought to myself. Not so,, grinding isnt usually my forte but grind i did, finishing a respectable 10 (beating the likes of tk and a few other more notable players) I had some good advice from a couple of players who were able to chat (most were multi-ing) so really enjoyed it. I didnt cash but its not always about cashing is it?
    Posted by major1962
    Yup.

Id rather bust 10 hands in than come 10th.
  • edited December 2010
    Nice idea, i'd defo read more then Area 51 as could give you a boost from reading it imo
  • edited December 2010
  • edited December 2010
    1-0 BARMY ARMY ;)
    Posted by aussie09

FYP
  • edited December 2010
    Hi Gary, just to let you know I have sent this thread onto the Sky Poker team for their attention.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: New forum section for brags/wins/good results etc. : Yup. Id rather bust 10 hands in than come 10th.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hey dohhhhhhh, was that a positive response? wasnt sure why you highlighted?
    I outchipped the guy who had AA, i didnt fold with 320 to go!
  • edited December 2010
    Why not just post your bad beats in genral chat! Gives the mods some thing to do! With out us they would have no job hehe :D Sorry this topic is old just scanning through them lol