You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Am I just unobservant?

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Just spotted something that I hadn't noticed before, but maybe i'm just blind.

Has the rake always been taken from the pot total on the flop, turn and river and not just the winners total adjusted after showdown or an opponents fold?

Not sure I like it to be honest.

Surely it messes with pot odds at micros when the pot has been raked but more will be taken from any additional bets? Probably not that big a deal, and at higher stakes unnoticeable, but now i'm paying attention it's a little confusing.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I'm not sure that I understand your post.
    Rake is taken from any hand where a flop is seen. Whether a turn and river is seen is irrelevant (apart from the amount of money that is in the pot). The percentage of the pot raked is the same.
    Rake is capped at a specific amount.
    The method hasn't changed on Sky Pioker as far as I know.

See here for exact details.

If I have misunderstood your point, please let me know.

• edited December 2010

Say for example at 2/4p cash the small blind makes up. Following the big blinds check the total pot will read 8p until the flop has finished dealing, then adjust to 7p (i.e the pot total has been raked).

The same happens for subsequent betting rounds, the pot will momentarily show the full total then adjust down by 7.5% to the nearest penny after the next card has been dealt.

Did some reading last night and apparently live the rake is usually taken in this incremental fashion, so its probably always been this way, and i'v just noticed cus i'v started paying attention to pot odds and betting (yay for me).