You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (11th/12th)

edited December 2010 in The Football Corner
Hopefully the weather won't decimate the fixture list like it did last weekend. There's been a few games called off already, although these are mostly in Scotland.

Assuming the rest go ahead I've gone for 3 bets for tomorrow

Main Bet:

Bournemouth to beat Hartlepool (H) @ 4/5
Carlisle to beat Dagenham (H) @ 8/13
Shrewsbury to beat Cheltenham (H) @ 4/5

These 3 are paying a decent 4/1 so I've had a tenner on it.

Bournemouth continue to be the surprise package in the division this year & that's largely down to their home form. In the 9 games played at Dean Court so far this season they've only lost once & have won 7. Hartlepool come into this game on the back of some decent form themselves having lost just once in their last 5 in the league, but they generally don't travel too well. It's for that reason, coupled with Bournemouth's strong home record that I'm backing the cherries here.
Carlisle are just outside of the play off places & that's largely down to their good form at Brunton Park. They've won 5 & drawn 3 of the 10 played there so far & even turned over Southampton on home soil a few weeks back. Dagenham's record away from home this season is poor to say the least. In 10 attempts on the road so far they've lost 7 & won only once, whilst conceding an average of over 2 goals per game.
Shrewsbury are going well in league 2 so far & once again this is largely down to their home form. They have yet to lose in 9 games at the Prostar stadium this season, winning 6 of them. They also come into this game in great form having won 3 & drawn 2 of their last 5. Cheltenham are also in good form coming into this game where they are also undefeated in 5, but they're also a team who don't travel particularly well. Recent history between the two sides is firmly with Shrewsbury & it's 5 years since Cheltenham last won a game between them.

Big Long Shot Acca:

Fulham/Sunderland - DRAW @ 9/4
Barnsley to beat Sheff Utd (H) @ 13/10
Norwich to beat Portsmouth (H) @ 21/20
Torquay to beat Chesterfield (A) @ 5/2
Port Vale to beat Morecambe (A) @ 6/5

These 5 are paying a whopping 117/1 so only small stakes here.

Along with Birmingham, Fulham have drawn the most amount of games in the top flight this season with 9 from 16 ending all square. Sunderland have drawn 8 of their games & haven't been the greatest travellers either. Despite winning 0-3 at Chelsea a month ago, they followed that up with a 3-2 defeat at Wolves in their last game on the road. 
The price offered on Barnsley here is too big. Yes, it's a Yorkshire derby but they've already won one derby game this season (5-2 Vs Leeds) & come into this game on the back of 3 wins & 1 draw in their last 4. Sheffield Utd are all over the place this season & are currently just 2 points clear of the relegation zone. They did briefly look as though they'd pull themselves clear recently when they went on a 3 game unbeaten run but they're prone to shooting themselves in the foot & went down 3-0 at Bristol City last time out.
The price on Norwich here is also too big to ignore imo. The canaries are 4th in the division & are currently on a 6 game unbeaten run. Portsmouth have hit a bit of a sticky patch recently with 1 win & 3 defeats in their last 5 & whilst they're certainly capable of getting something from this game the momentum is with Norwich.
This is the first time in a long time that I've backed against Chesterfield at home & there's good reasons for that. Firstly, they seem to have hit a rocky patch. They've lost their last 2 at home against sides who are not great travellers (Burton & Oxford) & they come up against a Torquay side who are bang in form at the moment with only 1 defeat in their last 9 in the league. Secondly this price is well worth the risk. Given that Torquay have lost only once away from Plainmoor all season this price is seriously big.
Port Vale are another side who are in good form at the moment. They've won their last 2 & have lost only once in their last 9. They're top of the division & travel to a Morecambe side struggling at the wrong end of the table & have only 1 win in their last 6. Again, as part of a long shot this price is too big to ignore imo.

Goals Acca:

Fulham/Sunderland - Under 2.5 goals @ 8/13
Newcastle/Liverpool - Over 2.5 goals @ evens
Norwich/Portsmouth - Over 2.5 goals @ 10/11
Stoke/Blackpool - Both to score @ 4/6
Burnley/Leeds - Both to score @ 8/11
Middlesbrough/Cardiff - Both to score @ 8/11
Chesterfield/Torquay - Both to score @ 4/5

These 7 are paying a nice 54/1 so I've had a quid & some change on it. It was this acca that was a winner for me last weekend so I'm hoping for more of the same here.

Good luck if you're having a go tomorrow & let's hope the weather gives us plenty of games to choose from.

Jay

Comments

• edited December 2010
    WHAT FU CK ING CHANCE HAVE WE GOT WITH QPR LOSING AT HOME TONIGHT, IT MIGHT ASWELL BE A PIN STICKERS CHANCE.
  • edited December 2010
    I haven't been watching the game tonight but I deliberately avoided putting any money on it for the simple reason that sooner or later they were gonna lose a game & Watford have been a funny bunch this season. One minute they're beating teams they probably shouldn't (on paper at least) & the next they're getting beat by a team they should be beating themselves!

I take it you had money on it then Lucy?
  • edited December 2010

Had QPR to win & the other two games both teams to score, It just seems like there is a force better than us thats gonna fu ck up what ever bets we do. Everyone is the same tho if you do 9 games 8 come in, If you do 7 next bet 6 come in, If i knew then what i know now i would of become a bookie....US  VERSUS THEM.. haha.,

• edited December 2010
    P.S i like the way you always give your reasons behind your selections & the time you take to post them on here. even tho your a un happy hammer. haha.
  • edited December 2010
    Put £20 on this double so free bet for tomorrow.
    Npower ChampionshipSwansea v MillwallUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 10/12/2010 19:45Under 2.5 Goals (Win) @ 8/11
     Npower League 1Peterborough v RochdaleUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 10/12/2010 19:45Over 2.5 Goals (Win) @ 8/13
    Be lucky

achill
  • edited December 2010
    Bets for today.

6 x 5folds £1 aline and £4 acca to round it up.
     Npower ChampionshipMiddlesbro' v CardiffBoth Teams to Score 11/12/2010 15:00Yes @ 8/11
     Npower League 2Chesterfield v TorquayBoth Teams to Score 11/12/2010 15:00Yes @ 4/5
     Npower League 2Shrewsbury v CheltenhamBoth Teams to Score 11/12/2010 15:00Yes @ 5/6
     Npower League 2Stockport v CreweBoth Teams to Score 11/12/2010 15:00Yes @ 8/13
     Npower ChampionshipBarnsley v Sheff. UtdUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 11/12/2010 15:00Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/11
     Npower League 2Wycombe v BuryUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 11/12/2010 15:00Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/5
    Be lucky

achill
  • edited December 2010

After QPR losing at home last night am trying a new system out `THE PIN STICKERS WAY` better than all that studying form. Both teams to score in the following matches pays 85/1.

BURNLEY
    LEICESTER
    MIDDLEBORO
    PRESTON
    READING
    HUDDERSFIELD
    PLYMOUTH
    TRANMERE

Good luck to all having a bet.

• edited December 2010
    Both teams to score:
    1. Burnley v Leeds Yes @ 8/11
    2. Barnet v Acc. Stanley Yes @ 8/11
    3. Notts Co. v MK Dons Yes @ 8/11
    4. Crystal Palace v Hull Yes @ 5/6
    5. Bristol City v Derby Yes @ 8/11
    6. Aston Villa v West Brom Yes @ 8/13

Pays 25/1

Good luck everyone.

• edited December 2010
    1. Carlisle v Dagenham Carlisle @ 4/6
    2. Middlesbro' v Cardiff Cardiff @ 6/4
    3. Colchester v Yeovil Colchester @ 8/11
    4. Bournemouth v Hartlepool Bournemouth @ 5/6
    5. West Ham v Man. City Man. City @ 10/11
    6. Everton v Wigan Everton @ 4/9

Pays 35/1

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (11th/12th):
    P.S i like the way you always give your reasons behind your selections & the time you take to post them on here. even tho your a un happy hammer. haha.
    Posted by lucy4
    Cheers Lucy. TBH, I actually really enjoy it anyway. I could probably win a few more bets if I wasn't so stubborn & would bet against my boys every now & then too!

Another crazy day today though. A few more surprise results so the bookies have probably cleaned up again :(

Given the way results are going I'm seriously considering backing Arsenal to win at OT on Monday night. You can get 3/1 on them at the moment & Utd WILL lose a league game sooner or later.
  • edited December 2010

In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (11th/12th):
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (11th/12th) : Cheers Lucy. TBH, I actually really enjoy it anyway. I could probably win a few more bets if I wasn't so stubborn & would bet against my boys every now & then too! Another crazy day today though. A few more surprise results so the bookies have probably cleaned up again :( Given the way results are going I'm seriously considering backing Arsenal to win at OT on Monday night. You can get 3/1 on them at the moment & Utd WILL lose a league game sooner or later.
    Posted by silentbob
    That price is insane.

I'll be boozing Monday too.

Maybe I should put a fiver on 10 times over the next few days - so It doesn't feel like I've stuck 50 on when they get stuffed.
  • edited December 2010

Blackburn
    Spurs
    Wolves/Brum - DRAW.

37/1

£2.50 on it.