You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

moorman1

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Is the guy who has started playing tournaments on this site under the name MOORMAN1,The actual legend Chris moorman?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    doubt it m8 but you never no,probably someone from leek
  • edited December 2010
    i found this of a certain site tho...What's it like to grind 16 tables and dozens of tournaments a night? Paul Cheung sweats online MTT expert Chris 'Moorman1' Moorman, to find out how he made his millions
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: moorman1:
    i found this of a certain site tho...What's it like to grind 16 tables and dozens of tournaments a night? Paul Cheung sweats online MTT expert Chris 'Moorman1' Moorman, to find out how he made his millions
    Posted by iBLUFF
    so it is his nickname but at stoke says i doubt it is him
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: moorman1:
    doubt it m8 but you never no,probably someone from leek
    Posted by stokefc
    lol
  • edited December 2010
    we've got an isildur1 here 2 do u reckon its him?? he plays micros maybe his busto lol maybe no :p
  • edited December 2010
    No it's not him.

Moorman started playing on a skin off the Tribeca network about 7 or 8 years ago. He was also a member of the 1808gang along with Badpab (wsop bracelet winner), Sexygee (top high stakes cash player and a mean tourney player too), Royalflush (James Dempsey - wsop bracelet winner). Other notable members were Portfolio, AK47, Gregior, RedMarauder, FuGu, M3Boy, Geah (USA), HectorJelly, Raymundo (USA), AcmeLabRat and Popdog.

That series of players dominated the tribeca network until it's demise and subsequent changeover to the iPoker network some years ago. The daily ME final tables (12.5k and 7.5k)would almost always contain 1808gang members, and quite often two or more. Back to back ME's were quite common with the most memorable being Sexygee's BTB victories in the 50k Open and Popdog's BTB final tables (3rd - 2nd) in the 100k Open. Average field sizes were 1000+

Mooorman wasn't the most talented player but he most certainly was the more determined from a stable of very successful players. He now plays on PS and FT and has been hugely successful in recent years.

Most, although not all the above players are still on the scene, some under other names and I know of one who plays on Sky regularly ....... but it's not Moorman.
  • edited December 2010
    did you just read that off a magazine elsa or have you got an incredible memorey .lol
  • edited December 2010
    All from memory m8
  • edited December 2010