You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

whats the best way to play a nut flush draw??

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Spartan47 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.54
BURNShurtz Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £6.05
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

mikethebik Call  £0.04 £0.10 £0.72
Wakey_S Call  £0.04 £0.14 £4.10
SARAJ11 Call  £0.04 £0.18 £1.61
Spartan47 Call  £0.02 £0.20 £3.52
BURNShurtz Raise  £0.16 £0.36 £5.89
mikethebik Fold     
Wakey_S Call  £0.16 £0.52 £3.94
SARAJ11 Call  £0.16 £0.68 £1.45
Spartan47 Fold     
Flop

• J

BURNShurtz Bet  £0.68 £1.36 £5.21
Wakey_S Fold     
SARAJ11 Fold     
BURNShurtz Muck     
BURNShurtz Win  £0.62  £5.83
BURNShurtz Return  £0.68
should i be betting this hand on the flop or should i be check calling?? what do you do if u dont make it on the turn??

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I think it depends how much you know the players on your table but out of pos I think the raise is an okay move.  It's a nice stoppa bet so if they have hit the board they are hard pushed to reraise (unless they have over p, 2p or trips). Your decision can be put to the test if they flat call you and no d comes on turn. Them folding is okay too as at this stage you only have Ace high and any pot you win with Ace high is nice.
  • edited December 2010
    On that board im happy it all in here. We have 2 overs + nfd meaning we're abut 50% against mostholdings. There fore its an even play to have it all in.
  • edited December 2010
     I can narrow down your question further.

Whats the best way to play  xxxxxxxxxx?

The answer in all possibilities here is to bet. Betting should be your default setting with any made hand or draw. If you bet you have 2 ways to win the pot by making them fold or by getting the best hand. If you check or call you are only giving yourself the 1 opportunity of winning.The added bonus of betting is that if you do get a caller then you are nicely building the pot for if you do hitt and will therefore increase the amount you win.

The other aspect of betting out a draw is that if it comes in you have not polarised your hand and then you can check to show weakness on later streets to maximise your winnings. When you check or call with a draw  your hand tends to be open and you are now playing effectively with your cards face up and you can only then win a small pot unless you are up against a real fool.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: whats the best way to play a nut flush draw??:
     I can narrow down your question further.   Whats the best way to play  xxxxxxxxxx?   The answer in all possibilities here is to bet. Betting should be your default setting with any made hand or draw. If you bet you have 2 ways to win the pot by making them fold or by getting the best hand. If you check or call you are only giving yourself the 1 opportunity of winning.The added bonus of betting is that if you do get a caller then you are nicely building the pot for if you do hitt and will therefore increase the amount you win.   The other aspect of betting out a draw is that if it comes in you have not polarised your hand and then you can check to show weakness on later streets to maximise your winnings. When you check or call with a draw  your hand tends to be open and you are now playing effectively with your cards face up and you can only then win a small pot unless you are up against a real fool.
    Posted by Talon
    can you expain this please because i dont get it?
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: whats the best way to play a nut flush draw??:
    In Response to Re: whats the best way to play a nut flush draw?? : can you expain this please because i dont get it?
    Posted by N1CK
    He means because you bet before a flush was there it's hard to put you on it.
  • edited December 2010
    anyway i would raise a lot bigger pre as i want to get it heads up, id open for 35p the reason for this is with the open to 16 you price everyone in, if the next player calls they get a betterprice and you get a knock on effect of everyone calling,
    as played id c-bet smaller like 50p but i dont think potting it is a big mistake at this level